Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Now that was more like it!

Great episode .... nice to see Hutts in it too !!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Why do you care ?

Is it to score diversity points ??

I think male/female in Tuskens is about as relevant as discussing the sex of a rancor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Yes, fully agreed with your paragraph 3+4 - exactly the reasons they decided to do this boba show (prob was actually an idea for spin-off movie ha). It is funny that the character has less than 5mins screentime in total became so popular and beloved by many fans for decades - and ye i do like his ship Slave I. As a Lego fan myself, my biggest gripe is that there is no chance they will rerelease a jabba palace set with slave leia :'(

For tying in with Mando, aye, i don't think it was that critical to have Boba+Fennec there but it is a nice addition to the show (good fan service). Indeed it has always been clear to me that Boba is just wearing the armor because it is the best armor out there, he has nothing to do with actual mandalorian.

I watched the fans project restoring the theatre version of ANH during holidays (called 4k77), it was so good, such a classic, highly recommend this. I can't wait for the ESB 4k80 - it is my favourite of the original trilogy.

So ya this pilot Episode1 brings back alot of nostalgia from good old ESB and ROJ, indeed like some other boardsie mentioned there are some issues with this episode - I thought it is reasonably enjoyable, especially for casual/new viewers, things do look and feel tacky in this episode ha.

It does feel less depth than Mando - immediately this makes sense when I see this is helmed by Jon Favreau when credit rolls? I'll give him some benefits of doubt.

I think Jon Favreau and David Filoni are doing god's work for Disney, my go-to "SW boy" is definitely David Filoni - I believe the man could bring the franchise back to the right track (he has been doing all these hardwork since Clone Wars cartoon albeit I dont watch them much except the recent Bad Batch which is so good). Watching David Filoni interviews talking on SW truly makes me admire him (while people like JJAbram, RJohnson, KK can go to hell).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I dunno. We're definitely getting hints at a close connection specifically between Boba and that Tuskan, and Boba has now become a full member of the Tuskan tribe. We know at some point that something causes him to leave the Tuskans.

If it's a female Tuskan, it's not out of the realms of possibility that he might become involved with her in some type of relationship given that they're all just different types of space aliens/races. It's not about diversity (Ming-Na Wen has taken care of the badass female quota for the entire show on her own), but it could end up being a strong motive for whatever caused Boba to leave the Tuskans.

Of course, given how Boba values respect, it's probably equally likely that that Tuskan is simply someone he hugely respects as a mentor/friend.

A strong episode all the same. Maybe a bit too much time spent on the past compared to the present, they probably could have cut down on the planning/training for the train attack. The Hutts coming into it as antagonists is a great move as is the Wookie Bounty Hunter, but I think the present is suffering at the expense of the past at this point.

Basically, needs more Ming-Na Wen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As Penn said, just seems to be a relationship possible between them or could just be friendship.

Besides the younger ones must come from somewhere. I doubt they're all outsiders that were taken in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

wouldn't it be easier to teach them how to duck and take cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's about power and survival. Rather than hiding and digging in the desert for those water things, he helped them take down the train for their water supply, and also as a show of strength. He mentioned they'd have to negotiate a toll for passing through from now on, so it's likely they'll have to provide water/food to the Tuskans to pass through the area, otherwise the Tuskans will take down their trains again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I could do with less flashbacks from here on out. In fact I’d be happy if they done away with them now all together. We have filled in the blanks from Return of the Jedi right up to The Mandalorian so I’m good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Again in ever said people couldn’t criticise or that everyone had to live it.

I asked you a question based on what what posted. I didn’t frame anything.

The reason it was brought up again was that pixelburp said I said I was open to star ears being criticsed - which is incorrect.

At no point did I get my knickers in a twist. You were three person getting upset.

No I don’t think that is how his life with the Tusken is going to turn out.

He seems to be becoming quite satisfied with life with the clan. The train job was to protect them.

I think how Fett deals with gangsters is going to blow up in his face and the tribe will suffer or come very close to suffering leading Fett to take the throne.

• Advertisement

Then you get twice as many people calling it unimaginative and fan service to use a rancor :p

Loved episode two.

Really glad the mayor is a Hammerhead and not a Twi’lek.

And it is fun that he doesn’t consider Fett a threat of any kind.

Looking forward to more of him and more of the twins and their Wookiee gladiator.

I don’t often spot the Easter Eggs or cameos but I knew that was Camie straight away. Wasn’t sure about the guy - thought it was Windy not Fixer.

was the place Tocshe Staion?

The attack on the train was fantastic stuff

Between the Tusken culture, the bar fight, the stand off in the street and the attack on the train

this is the most like a western Star Wars has ever been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

Seeing as it was Camie and Fixer it's 100% Tosche Station.

fAn sErViCe!

They haven’t filled in the blanks.

Fett emerged from the Sarlacc while the barge was still burning meaning it was probabky only hours.

Fett’s time with the Tuskens so far is most likely only moths of even that long.

Mandolarian season two is still years off at this point and it is obvious that living with this tribe leads Fett to take Jabba’s throne. Plus they are showing us what kind of a person Fett is.

I think life with the tribe will be told up until the season finale.

What is it about the flashbacks that you don’t like?

What I meant was is it Tocshe staion or is it Anchorhead? I’m fairly certain Tocshe Station wasn’t in Anchorhead but in the delayed scenes it looks like a garage of sorts - this was a pub.

was it fan service? Fan service is giving fans want they want - I don’t know if anyone thinks about these deleted characters.

Anyway the scene requires some innocent bullied locals - no reason it can’t can’t be Camie and Fixer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

An improvement over Ep.1 for sure. Some nice nods to 'Lawrence of Arabia' and the CGI hutts didn't look half bad.

Goody two shoes Boba Fett still isn't sitting right with me though.

He is a crime Lord and a killer so I would not call him a goody two shoes

he isn’t quick to kill people like the Gamorreans or the mayor or going to war with the twins because killing them and going to war might not be the best option - he thinks.

and he doesn’t like seeing the Tuskens suffer or get pushed around - he has decent streak

but he is still a crime Lord and a killer

Nothing on Empire or Jedi showed him as quick to kill or that he didn’t have a decent streak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

he isn’t quick to kill people like the Gamorreans or the mayor or going to war with the twins because killing them and going to war might not be the best option - he thinks.

He doesn't think, he knows. Killing a Hutt brings down the wrath of all the Hutts. Kinda like killing a made man in the mafia. He isn't ready for that.

Boba Fett is a scumbag with a scumbag's "profession" who was famous for disintegrating his targets, so much so that even Vader had to tell him not to do it. He works for an even bigger scumbag in Jabba the Hutt, who fed people to a monster for entertainment, kept sex slaves and ran drugs. Even as a kid Fett was a little shit.

If Boba Fett has a "decent streak", he must have kept deep down inside.

Next up, 'The Book of Dengar', in which we see that he's actually a jolly old fat man with a wife and two kids that absolutely adore him and who gives presents to the local charity during Life Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Good ol Boba Fett disintegrating people and working for a whore master. I kinda forgot why he was such a favorite amongst fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,689 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I liked the opening episode. Was fun.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

I think phrased some of that badly.

I didn’t mean that he thinks it would be a bad idea to kill the Hutt twins, the mayor, etc

What I meant was he thinks about the situation first. He isn’t going to be shooting rivals for fun or killing minions for making mistakes.

I like the Hutts are portrayed as being clever too. Probably weren’t prepared for Fett to stand up to them. Smart enough to think it through as well.

What Shand said was intriguing - if Fett is going to take on the twins he is going to need permission. I wonder from who? Hutt leadership or does there need to be a meeting of crime cartels where he’d have to make a case for going after them.

What is the scum bag profession?

Not all bounty hunters in Star Wars work for or are willing to work for criminals. Not do they all hunt people for money.

A bounty hunter is a gun for hire.

And young Fett is shown with a decent streak.

I don’t know where you get the notion that Fett kept anything “deep down”. He barely gets ten minutes of screen time in the OT and even then is just standing around looking cool. He shows no personality nor anything of substance. Hence why I said nothing in those films shows him as a remorseless killer or that he doesn’t have a decent streak. He is pretty much a black canvas for this show.

As Ming Na Wen said, Fett and Shand are neither good guys or bad guys. They are something else.

Any way, the Disney shareholders thank you for subscribing.

It is never specified who or how many he disintegrated.

It may have been only one and the individual or the situation became famous. And it may not have been a person or people.

There are no prostitutes in Star Wars. Just a bit of incest.

And I think it was the action figure that trigger the cult of Boba Fett. I read something about it years ago and I think that was the conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭santana75

Now that was really good. Cracking sequence with the train. Love the theme music at the end, very morricone-esque. Also noticed that Dean cundey is the DP, the same Dean cundey who was the DP on The Thing, Halloween, back to the future to name but a few.

Any way, the Disney shareholders thank you for subscribing.

LOL 🤣

Yeah right.

Yes it is “LOL” because they don’t thank you. They are confused by you.

As much as Disney suits and shareholders love the money, they too are perplexed by people who pay for something just they can complain about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can someone tell if there is an actual story here and what it is because if there is I am failing to see it and it's boring me to death

Maybe its the paper thin story line that is making me notice the really bad costume design on the aliens

If course there is a story. Every movie and TV show has story. They might not have a story you like, or understand or that is any good but there is story.

If it bores you then why watch it.

I really don’t understand why people watch TV they don’t enjoy. If I watch part of a movie movie that I’m Not enjoying and I give up I annoyed that I lost 20/30 minutes of the day but a half hour or hour every week?

I would love to know how you folks have the time. seriously. I can’t even figure out how you guys have time to post here outside of work. I only come on this site when I’m at work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

I don't get the "really bad costume design" point, it looks pretty good and faithful to me, but okay.

The story appears to be about how and why Boba decided to take over Jabba's seat of power on Tatooine and the aftermath of seizing power from Bib Fortuna. The flashbacks in the bacta tank are showing how his growing respect for the Tusken's and their way of life is changing his mind about how things are done on Tatooine and feels they have been disrespected, marginalised and misunderstood. Not just them, either. The swoop gang terrorising the moisture farmers was focused on in the first episode. Boba wants a change with how things are done. His "Jabba ruled with fear. I intend to rule with respect" line says it all, really. Whether it works, or not, remains to be seen.

Advertisement