Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next recruitment drive for Garda

• 19-10-2021 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Does anybody have any idea as to when the next recruitment drive will be going ahead for the gaurds ? I heard they will be recruiting more next year but I think there was supposed to be a recruitment drive for the end of this year. Would anybody have any info ? I’m currently studying for the aptitude tests.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Young cub

Hi there,

I am also interested to find out more information on this.

Hi folks,

The next recruitment drive was said to be taking place either at the end of this year or early next year.

Most recent info we have is as follows

Based on this, we're assuming its going to be very early next year. Credit for the image to one of the whatsapp group members.

Feel free to dm me your first name and number if you guys want to join also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

New campaign imminent it seems. Badly needed too. They'll be doing well to hit the target of 800 trainees in 2022.

https://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR21000304

The Minister for Justice, Helen McEntee TD, has today urged people, especially those in minority and new Irish communities, to consider a career in An Garda Síochána ahead of a new recruitment campaign opening early in the New Year.

In line with the Government’s commitment to strengthen and support An Garda Síochána as it protects and serves our communities, a new Garda Trainee Recruitment campaign is due to commence early in 2022.

Completely agree, they are way behind as it is.

Good news at last, been a long road for many of us waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I just read a post on Facebook of AGS that recruitment drive opening in a few weeks. I'm gutted as I am 35, turning 36 next month. What are the chances of the age limit increasing? Considering 2 guys were successful in claiming discrimination due to the age limit and the justice minister was going to review as a result

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, the chances are very slim. I understand senior management all but confirmed they had no intention of making a change to that piece recently.

To do so during the other adjustments to eligibility requirements would have been ideal timing, and they elected not to I'm afraid.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - would love to be wrong on this one, have friends in your position who would make fantastic recruits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 insertnamehere11

Hello everyone, I hope your doing well. I am going to apply. I am however concerned about the aptitude test. I know they ask analytical reasoning questions but what else comprises the aptitude test? Does anyone know any good websites to practice these tests? I have seen courses to prep people specifically for this but these cost money and likely would take place in different counties. What can I do to ensure I'm successful in the aptitude test?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ditser

Hi insernsmehere. I sat in on a online Q&A session ran by GardaIP during the week. It was very good. I bought their Stage 1 course the next day - so far so good. Hope that helps you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭Masala

Guys... could someone give me a direct link to the Application Form to this years 2022 application process

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JustThisGuy

It is not available yet as the recruitment drive isn't open at the moment. Keep an eye on public jobs as it's expected to open by the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 User 1234

You don't know, things change very quickly within the job at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Reece1233

Can anyone say how strict the guards are on asthma

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gatesaab

Does anyone have any update when the next recruitment campaign is going to be launched?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 User 1234

Should be no problem at all, I know a good few members with asthma, its just part of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dean2024

Does anyone no what the Maths is like for the guards in stage 1 please? Is the Garda reserves recuriting this year Also.

Advertisement