Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long should I wait for a response to a refund request?

• 06-01-2022 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

I had a PCR test at a Randox test centre scheduled 4 weeks ago. In the end I didn't need it, so I cancelled the appointment via their cancellation form. I cancelled well in advance of 24 hours before my time slot (as requested). I got an automated reply that if I was waiting for a refund it would be dealt with "in due course".

3 weeks later I still hadn't received a refund or a reply, so I contacted them again via their contact form (and their hotline, but I gave up after being on hold for 50 minutes). It's another week later and still no reply.

What are my options here? Tell them I'll request a chargeback if they don't reply and give them an ultimatum? I know they're busy but I'd expect a least a basic personal reply by now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I don't think a chargeback will apply as you cancelled (I could be wrong though). I would they are inundated with emails. Sit tight for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Do the terms and conditions offer refunds?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Space Dog

There's no way to e-mail them, you can only fill out enquiry forms :/

It's really the lack of engagement that annoys me, I've cancelled a test with a different provider in the past when I had to move travel dates and the communication around the refund was dealt with swiftly and efficiently.

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Anything over two weeks is excessive for a refund request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Currently they have a huge backlog due to legal requirements changing in UK etc. I am waiting since early December for a refund. Just have to wait it out....

• Advertisement

Thanks, that's good to know. Did you at least get a response from them? I've emailed them again but nada, I don't really want to be on hold for hours again trying to ring...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Eventually I got a mail from their support... Nothing big on there just they know they owe money and it's taking ages at the moment

I got my refund, had to ring them up though as my written enquiries and e-mails were not answered. Ringing first thing when they open is key, couldn't get through in the afternoons.

Advertisement