Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

I don't really know. How would the Lebanese or the Congolese feel about Irish peacekeepers coming into their countries? How did the Syrians feel about the Russians bombing the sh1t out of the ISIS gangs financed and sent in from abroad to wreck Damascus and Aleppo. For all intents and purposes they seemed happy enough with it. I guess it all depends on what the endgame is or what you're being told or more importantly what you believe despite the facts.

Were the French happy in 1944? Were the Cambodians happy in 1978 when the Vietnamese went in to destroy the Khmer Rouge? I don't know. You tell me.

Now you want to know how I would "feel"? It all depends on the motives. If armed gangs foreign and/or domestic were marauding around burning, looting and terrorising and outside forces were brought in to stop the carnage then I would imagine I would welcome peace and stability. Would you have your family burnt out of house and home and then butchered in the street and not accept help purely because of your nationalist views. Yeah, your daughter is about to be gang raped and then have her throat slit but you will say "OK, this is a terrible eventuality, but I'll be damned if I accept foreign assistance to save my child"?

I would certainly hope the security forces of my country could help my plight but if they couldn't I would happily have a Russian put a bullet in the heads of the mob. Maybe you would be a bit more discerning as to who helped you. Me, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

How did the Syrians feel about the Russians bombing the sh1t out of the everything and anyone who didn't support Assad ,

The Russians Had very little involvement in fighting isis , several hundred Russians had a go a a small US and Kurdish force which didn't go so well for the russians , hundreds dead in just over an hour,

Yeah definitely didn't hit isis ,

But they did bomb schools and hospitals and clinics in Syria , something like 100+civilian hospitals and clinics bombed by russian aircraft ,

I'm sure Syrians are delighted with Russia 💣💣💣🤯🤯🤯

Wouldn't the same be true for humanitarian aid? How would I feel if Mexicans sent shiploads of rice to Ireland during the Famine? After all it's an "internal problem, no?"

It was aligned with your claims of Russian military incompetence. How the Russian military is so pathetic that they can barely move a mile without things breaking down. IF your claims about them are so accurate then what is the worry. Andorra could smash them in a half hour.

• Advertisement

You support domestic dissent and oppose any outside influence to crush it, I take it? How do you feel about the Bahrain demonstrations during the Arab Spring being crushed by Saudi tanks from across the border? The US looked on and enjoyed the carnage.

I'm not comparing either. Let your mind boggle away. You're going one step into the twilight zone by comparing the Irish government bringing in the SAS because of beer riots.

Paid for what? Exactly? If someone has a dissenting opinion or at the very least they are questioning one narrative over another then suddenly they are paid? Do you see me accusing you of being paid to peddle your ideas? No. Why? Because it's childish and I'm a little bit bigger than that. But keep calling people names if you can't engage in a level discourse. I won't get offended.

Where did I say any of that......?

That's right I didn't your just making up lies ...

Can I speak to your supervisor

• Advertisement

The Russians did not bomb over 100 civilian hospitals, schools and clinics. And if as you claim the Russians engaged a US force....why were the US in Syria? They weren't invited into the country. You don't like to admit it but the Russians hammered ISIS out of the place, isolated them on the border with Iraq and the US were left to do nothing. Again I'm sure you will try to swing it as if the US swanned in and just "rocked"...like Black Hawk Down or some fantasy. But you are completely wrong. You claim to have facts all the time and they are just plucked out of thin air. Maybe to satisfy your dream world.

You've claimed that the IDF didn't lose a single tank in the 2006 invasion of Lebanon. That's news to the Israeli generals who were there and witnessed scores being destroyed and their crews being incinerated. I saw their interviews. I read their reports. But hey.....you know more than anyone.

@BurgerFace You've claimed that the IDF didn't lose a single tank in the 2006 invasion of Lebanon. That's news to the Israeli generals who were there and witnessed scores being destroyed and their crews being incinerated....

Where did I claim that ,

Oh that's right I didn't .

Maybe start a new thread for your lies

"The Russians did not bomb over 100 civilian hospitals, schools and clinics"

Yes they did ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

You don’t know know what you’re talking about, at the break up of the Soviet Union some Azerbaijanis took the opportunity to settle old scores with Armenians in Baku and murdered many in pogroms. The tanks went in to restore order and to protect the defenceless Christian Armenians.

On the subject of Azerbaijan, would you consider that country to be a dic(k)tatorship? Probably not as they are they de facto NATO members and therefore valued allies.

I'm going to go out on a limb here.

(Deep breath)

Would you classify Kazahkstan as within the Russian sphere of influence? The same way that the American Monroe Doctrine determines US control both economically and militarily over the entire Western Hemisphere? The US reserves the right to influence and ultimately interfere in the workings in every country from Canada to Mexico to Guatamala to Honduras to Panama to Venezuela to Bolivia all the way down to Tierra Del Fuego.....next stop Antartica. If you are OK with that 200 year old doctrine then why do you have a problem with the Russians controlling countries that they actually border?

@correct horse battery staple Remember that time an expensive and advanced anti aircraft missile platform developed a sentient AI and driven itself across the Russian border to shoot down a passenger plane full of Europeans only to drive itself back.

Yeh something similar happened in Syria, those were totally not Russian mercenaries using chemical weapons on civilians /s.

Rt says it didn't happen but they did Say it was the cia who shot down flight MH17 using a man with a jet pack

Who's defending what? You're just making accusations now. You don't like someone questioning the narrative. Maybe because you are incapable of taking a step back and asking some simple questions. Consequently your default gear is to bite your teddybear.

I don't think that Russia are doing all the crap that you think they are supposed to be doing. You don't like someone who can think for themselves, hence the strop.

Kazakhstan is an authoritarian thugocracy (so I'm told). But it has been for quite a while now. Lo and behold they are just kicking off. The usual playbook. This place was supposed to be a dictatorship for decades and yet the natives are only getting restless NOW? Funny that.

And it's the Russians who are the baddies all of a sudden. The US is trying to once again fcuk with states bordering Russia in order to draw the country into a protracted conflict. You would want to be a blinkered retard to miss that.

Up to you.

It's all murica , murica, murica.

What an idiotic post, I’ve been around here long enough to know that when a poster resorts to juvenile insults and personal attacks they have nothing to say for themselves.

They are in what’s known as the NATO ‘partnership’ and are de facto members so trivial matters such as ‘democracy’ and corruption by the family that owns Azerbaijan can be conveniently ignored.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Unless NATO would go to war to defend Kazakhstan (and they wouldn't) they are most definitely not "de facto members".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭victor8600

Typical whataboutery. I am not discussing the US here. I treat all the "global spheres of influence" as a BS designed to hoodwink people into suffering for the benefit of their corrupt leaders. But regardless of this, any government that invites foreign forces to intervene in the country's own internal disputes is selling its own responsibility to a foreign power and will have to pay for it in one way or another.

• Advertisement

. This place was supposed to be a dictatorship for decades and yet the natives are only getting restless NOW? Funny that.

One explanation is that there is new generation of young people that are tired of the same old stupid politicians in power.

Wasting your time, your dealing with a pair of socks looking for some attention under the guise they are from the troll factory in Moscow ,

🧦

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Cracks starting to appear in Putins inner circle of warlords?

Needing Russian forces to bail him out as his own soldiers may join the protesters.

It's interesting how quick the cracks can appear in these post Soviet regimes. Just look at Belarus last year. If a couple of them rose at the same time. Putin would have a very difficult time controlling them.

As like a poster earlier said, Chechnya is not secure either.

Post edited by TheValeyard on

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

It's not going great if you have to call in Russian "peacekeepers" to calm down people protesting over gas prices. Obviously that's just the catalyst and there's the usual story of government corruption in the background.

I don't know enough about the situation to understand what might happen next - I thought it was surprising that the president fired Nursultan Nazarbayev (the former "president") from their security council, maybe he's getting a bit old (he's 81) and Putin doesn't want him around any more?

But they aren’t peaceful protests over gas prices. At the moment the army seems to be behind the government and the protesters heavily armed. Does it seem normal to take up arms over price rises ( I nearly fainted when I got my recent gas bill, know anywhere I can get an AK47?)

Where have these weapons come from and how did they get into the country?

The Russians are probably correct to intervene on behalf of their CSTO allies to prevent civil war on their border. Don’t forget Russians make up 30% of the population in Kazakhstan.

It seems that the current president of Kasakhstan (Kassym-Jomart Tokayev) decided to use the protests to oust Nazarbaev from power, and thus the protests were allowed to escalate. The goal of removing Nazarbaev from power seems to have been achieved. However, the protests are now out of Tokaev's control as the army (or some part of it) is not following Tokaev. The weapons are from different branches of Kazakh military.

@Elmer Blooker Don’t forget Russians make up 30% of the population in Kazakhstan.

20.2% of the population , Kazakhstanis make up 67% and Ukrainian ,urhurs, Germans ,tars ,ubzezhs make up another 10%.

Maybe people got fed up of being treated as if they were still part of the Soviet union , maybe they want to make their own decisions about their country and not what someone in Moscow wants,

So little need for russian troops

Does Moscow, St Petersburg, the Baltic states and 24 of the 50 US states count?

You're the one who is making comparisons and then accusing me of making comparisons. Throw in a few cutesy and flippant jibes about being a paid Russian agent too. Do you use that brilliant insult "libtard" as well?

• Advertisement

What regime are you talking about and who's praising and defending it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement