Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

PSVR 2 working with the PC and Half Life coming to the PS5 makes too much sense for consumers, that's why there's no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Main thing I associate with valve games on PlayStation is the great PSN outage of 2011. Happened just as Portal 2 launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭jj880

3 cinema screen sizes. Large and medium are fixed. Small moves with the headset. Not sure why they are set like that. Large is good but its like being in the front row of the cinema. Screen feels too close. Medium works well for me.

Interesting. There is an app called rad in the "All Apps" section of ps5 that says it allows sideloading 3d movies via usb for a 1 time fee. It appears in the library section after you log into rad (i used my google login for handiness).

Ive already bought something similar for Quest 2 (skybox) so wont be buying rad but could work if people really want 3d psvr movies on ps5. Edit: fee for just being able to sideload your own 3d content is 60 dollars. Feck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Lots of speculation, sure, but AFAIK this is the first time a reasonably reliable source has said it's happening? I'm open to correction though. Would make total sense though for both parties I reckon. I just hope it's a swap deal with Bloodborne coming to Steam! 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Given the specs, I'd gladly pay 500 for PSVR2 and I wouldn't be surprised if it was that price tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yeah I reckon I am going to definitely grab this one, my friend has the first PSVR, whilst it's a good piece of kit I just don't think the tech was quite there yet and the PS4 wasn't quite powerful enough...

I would pay 500 for it easily going by the specs

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I think I'll hold off to see what its like on release, I bought the original PSVR v1 and it was a pain having to disconnect VR to play normal games with HDR. Still haven't connected it to the PS5 for the same issue.

I'm also wondering will the cable connection become a pain considering Quest is wireless, and will Sony release a wireless version shortly after release (like they did with the PSVR v2 a year after v1)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Did they release a wireless version? I'm pretty sure they didn't.

I have 2 dual sense controllers. 1 with very bad drift on left stick.

I connected them to my PC and used Steam's calibrate feature to see exactly how bad. This feature is useful since you can compare the left stick to the right stick on screen. left stick on 1 controller is really bad and is just inside 12 month warranty so Ive created a support reference and emailed support@ie.playstation.com to get it repaired.

The left stick on the other is moving slightly off centre and out of warranty so Im sure I will have problems soon. My question is what options do I have outside of the 12 month warranty? Will Sony do anything?

I find it ridiculous that these controllers only have a 12 month warranty. It should be a lot longer.

• Advertisement

Just ring them, its gonna be a lot faster and they will create your return label there and then. Theres a thread about Dualsense returns here somewhere

My mistake - I was reading ign.com for what to do to get a repair and it stated 1 year warranty.

Ok great - hopefully that will be enough to catch and repair any drift problems I have.

I see it now thanks - when I searched it brought up posts from this thread from last November advising to email. I will phone if I dont hear anything.

Just be wary, you have to call Sony the second the lines open otherwise you will be on hold for hours. I think I left a post with all the numbers and details you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Go onto the Playstation website hardware support page - https://hardware.support.playstation.com/en_IE#/t

Answer the questions and get the referral code at the end. Then email support@ie.playstation.com with the referral code along with the serial number - it's a 17 digit number on the underside of the controller that usually starts with G. You can say you tried ringing support but couldn't get through - you can try ringing but it can be hit and miss and they'll end up just emailing you on the details anyway and email directly saves you waiting up to an hour to get through.

They'll email you back with everything you need to do to send off the controller for repair - you'll get a different controller (probably a reconditioned one) in a couple of days.

Yeah it was your similar post from 29-11-2021 Im following.

I've done what you advise. Hopefully will hear back. Dont fancy phoning if I can avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

My local GS isn't taking pre-order s. Strange. They normally do.

Anyone get a pre-order in?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Apologies, it made sense in my head. On re-read it did not 😂

I was trying to say that they just updated it a year after first release fixing the HDR issue, so I'd be inclined to hold off in case they do something similar by releasing a fixed version that just happens to be wireless (like it should be from the start).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'll take a single wire with moar powa over wireless and less powerful. The issue I eventually had with the PSVR was quality (visual) and movement. These will hopefully be fixed in PSVR2 so I'm ok with a wire. It's like wanting an Index version of the Quest, when the Quest (in technical terms) is quite inferior to the Index. Any reports of people using the wireless adapter with the Vive Pro mention a loss of resolution, which can be compensated on the PC but this results in a performance hit. Wireless isn't powerful or affordable enough yet, so a single wire seems like the best solution.

As mentioned above, I may just stick a hook to my ceiling, but I didn't have too many issues with the wires on PSVR1 once you've figured out how to "strap" them so they stay put.

At the moment my psvr cable goes along a wall and comes in over the side of a couch. Do you mind sharing your strapping setup? I would like the roof hook but havent got planning permission from the wife yet 😆.

Heres a good comparison of psvr2 with some other vr headsets:

• Advertisement

Tom Marks on IGN's Beyond pointed out how you get a single controller with PS5 called Dualsense but 2 controllers with the PSVR2 just called Sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Never bothered with the original VR but i'm intrigued with the new one, are we thinking this will be out in 2022 or 23? I also have steamdeck pre ordered and not a penny saved for it yet so might be awhile before i can justify the VR2 ha

Sony aren't committing to 2022 release for psvr2:

https://www.gamesradar.com/sony-wont-confirm-whether-psvr-2-will-release-in-2022/

With component shortages etc I dont blame them. I would still be hopeful it will launch this year. They will try to have it out for Christmas Id say. We shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Trying to see if I can get this SSD working on the PS5. Is there a way to get into Safe Mode that isn't the one that I find on google?

I try holding the power button for 7 seconds and beyond but it just powers off again,

I managed to get into safe mode once and haven't been able to again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The PS website says to release the button after the 2nd beep comes after 7 seconds. If you're still holding in the button, I imagine you're then forcing the console to turn off again.

That's just it. The second beep doesn't come. It beeps turning on then beeps turning off after about 15 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Do dualsense controllers ever go on sale or get discounts?

Is your dualsense connected via usb? Its been a while since I used rest mode but IIRC mine would not boot in rest mode without dualsense cabled.

Other things I remember reading were hdmi splitters were a problem and to try unplugging everything for half an hour then retry.

• Advertisement

Yep, tried the different troubleshooting. Seems to be very inconsistent and search results basically say if it doesn't work then it's not the PS5's fault

Advertisement