Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No shortage of staff at Customs and Excise

• 06-01-2022 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭

So I earned my 100 Workout T Shirt from IFit. Now I bought my Exercise Bike in Elverys and I got one years membership to IFit with the Purchase. Its gone well and I acheived 100 workouts and was awarded an IFit T Shirt. I didn't know that until I got the email. I ordered the free t shirt and waited delivery, which was also free.

So here's the point. Today I got a letter/card from An Post. Because I had made a purchase, outside Ireland and not in the EU, the Customes and Excise had raised a charge and I must pay it to get the parcel released for delivery. The T Shirt was sent from the USA and there was no Excise or Import Duty but there was VAT on a Customs Valuation of E4.42. That was E1.01 and An Post had added a Fee of E3.50. What a cost effective piece of detective work that was.

Comments

Advertisement