Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hausken V DPT V EVOLUTION

Options
  • 21-05-2015 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Thinking about buying one of the above for .308
    All around same price any experience out there ?
    Pro/cons etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭steyrman

Hi I tried a hausken yesterday against wildcat evo
    Evo is 7 oz lighter and easy strip to clean slimmer and happy with it
    Hausken 7 oz heavier and a good bit bulkier it's not as quiet as the evo and that's IMO I now have 3 evos on my rifles

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Shaner82

I was always leaning towards the evo
    Delighted to hear that
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

steyrman wrote: »
    Hi I tried a hausken yesterday against wildcat evo
    Evo is 7 oz lighter and easy strip to clean slimmer and happy with it
    Hausken 7 oz heavier and a good bit bulkier it's not as quiet as the evo and that's IMO I now have 3 evos on my rifles

Can that be right steyrman, 7 oz is ~200 grams isn't it. The hausken jd224 are 310 grams which would make the evo around 110 grams. Is that really correct?

Any google search I do shows that the wildcat evo is ~440 grams which is heavier than the hausken.

I have neither but will be in the market soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

Im also interested in this as Im currently about to change my t8 (on a 308) and my other moderator on my 223 for either a hausken or a evo.A friend of mine is selling his evo (on a 308) to get a hausken as he reckons its quieter.Im in limbo myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Shaner82

Can RFDS post MODS if you forward on paperwork
    Don't fancy driving whole way to Wexford for a hausken
    Also I am forgetting about atec maxim in the debate
    I'm based in dublin but home to Westmeath at weekends. Any shops around dublin doing anything else in mods ???

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Ghost.

I use a wildcat EVO in 308 and I find it great. Very pleased with its performance and it can be stripped for cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

I found the Hausken Jd224 noticeably quieter than the sonic 45 for example

Have one on my 30-06, great job they are

Defo worth considering if your in the market for one, John Lambert has a couple test models down there, Go down and try one before ya buy

The DPT models are meant to be a quality mod also

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭moreau118

have used evo and dpt have a dpt myself and have to say its the business both seem on the same par for sound reduction but the dpt is way smaller and half the weight of the evo ud hardly feel it on the gun its only around 200grams and 150mm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Thinking of changing my cmm4 for something quieter and torn between the dpt and hausken, has anyone compared the two or which is better or any other recomendations for any new lightweight mods

• Advertisement

I now have a hausken and it's really great. Very quiet and light.

I've heard an Atec Maxim with 6 baffles and a Wildcat Evo side by by side, both in .308 and from the shooters point of view they were around the same. Neither stood out as being distinguishably better

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Had Hausken replaced it for Evo. Hausken lighter, very quiet, but bulky enough. Evo heavier, not as quiet as Hausken( hausken is the best out there in noise reduction in my opinion) , but adds less to barrell and thinner. Depends what are your priorities. I was looking for Dan Hardy one, but was unable to get anywhere in Ireland unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

I have a cmm4 at the moment but sound supression is only average with it but for lightness its fantastic as u barely notice it on the rifle except for the length, my priorities would be a noticable improvement in sound reduction, a shorter overall length so an over barrel model and not much of an increase in weight so hopefully the fact that it'll be an over barrel model won't effect over all balance of rifle compared to the cmm4, anybody use an atec hertz 119? Or how do the compare to the hausken

• Registered Users Posts: 35 outfoxing

I have the dpt on a 223 its light quiet and so easy to clean you wouldn't feel you had a mod on, I compared it with the evo in another rfd and went for the dpt

• Registered Users Posts: 1 keiths1tikkat3X

Hi all.

just reading now.anyone know where to buy a Dpt mod ?

I am going to buy a 223 soon

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lone hunter 22wmr

Patrick carley use to sell dpt a few years ago but I'm not sure what he sells now.

Advertisement