Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 n.os90

Does anyone know kw(power) rating of the Elli ID Charger and if it has load balancing? Electrician asking these questions as he can’t find info online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Have the car set to Comfort Mode since collection yesterday. I don’t think the range likes this setting as it seems to be guzzling the energy. The instant heat though is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It’s 32A so usually a 40A breaker.

It has load sensing capability but you need to buy a CT clamp separately and run that back to your meter tails. I have a post on it… let me see if I can find that.

here… see the rs-online links

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/117911376#Comment_117911376

• Registered Users Posts: 28,077 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's the battery heater kicking in and has nothing to do with drive mode. It'll eat up range on short journeys but evens out on a long journey.

It'll be addressed in another update this year.

Yeah did two relatively short trips today

31km in total and it seemed 15% of the battery was used. Now I dunno if that’s reliable yet. Doesn’t the battery and range need to settle down or something as you start driving it soon?

• Advertisement

Cleared the snow, took a pic

• Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Lucky you.mine was meant to be built on the 15th December but wasn’t :( I have eventually being giving the build number. Is there anyway I can see what stage it’s at now ?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Did VW update the service plans. Only 2 tyres on the big package.

2 tyres ~€500, brake fluid replacement ~€100, wipers ~€50, Brake pads ~€50 (not that they should need it after 2 years), pollen filter €10, 1 year Roadside assist ~€100. So about €800 of worth, though the pollen filter is part of the 2 year service, so you know VW will charge at least €50 for it. Roadside assist might be included in your insurance, so that too might not be of value. Seems worth it assuming you're going to need new tyres after 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Yea, it has changed alright. It was a full set on the "L" plan, now only 2 tyres.

The previous offer was too good. The tyres alone were worth more than the total cost of the service plan and you also got all the other items on top. It always looked like a mistake to me and they have clearly decided it is now as well.

I got my 4 tyres from it and I hope others bought the "L" service plan over the last year when the T&C's were 4 tyres, as you only get 2 tyres now so not as good... but, as you said, still some value in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

I see the €675 electricity credit with SSE has been reduced to €100 for new ID3 and ID4 owners from the 1st of January. Pity, it would have made switching to them very worthwhile but with only €100 credit, not so much now. I'll have to go back onto Bonkers and do my sums again and see what supplier is currently the cheapest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Given the basic 2 year service plan looks like €300, and looks like justifiable service items after 2 years. Service + pollen filter + brake fluid @ dealer prices = €300. So do nothing, you might be stuck for €300 on the 2nd year service + €500+ for tyres in or around the same time. Wipers and brake pads are probably unnecessary, so it still looks like €800 worth unavoidable expense, for €650.

Must give the tyres a measure tomorrow. Likely only have 25k km on the car by then. How are others with higher mileage getting on with their tyres?

Can you charge a ID 4 off a Tesla destination charger. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Not yet - if you're talking about superchargers - it is technically possible and there is a pilot running in the Netherlands that allows it.

Some time later this year, it will be enabled in other countries.

Edited: to clarify my answer as referring to superchargers.

Post edited by Fingleberries on

You can use Tesla destination charges in some places. Often there may be one or two with the switch flipped to allow other makes charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya for example in the Armada Hotel Spanish point they have three Tesla destination chargers. Two are designated Tesla only and one is clearly marked for other EVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

Thanks Liam. Originally ordered the manganese but changed it to blue. So very happy.

Used the regen a lot today for the first time after some quite heavy pedal driving last two days. The regen does make a difference to range I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Anyone here order a GTX? the business GTX doesn't look bad value for a 300hp. Reviews are mixed however. All thoughts welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I think the range might be a bit tricky on the GTX. The Next Gear show had a loan of one of these for a while and wasn't keen. One of the disappointing things about the ID4 is that the bodywork stays relatively the same no matter how high you spec it. The GTX models have slightly different styling but I think for that money I'd be looking at a Q4 Etron.

I ordered Manganese Grey Business Edition. I reckon it will look hideous in the winter months but I want all the body panels to match and also stuck with the black A-pillars. How are you finding the 21" wheels? I thought about them for a while but went for 20." A lot of people are saying the 21" are very smooth even on our roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Thanks for the feedback, will have a look at the next gear show. Regarding price, the GTX Business is 2.4k more expensive the business spec with that you get more kit, 4 wheel drive and 100BPH more. From a value proposition perspective its nod bad overall all relatively speaking. The range on paper drops from from 516 (for the business spec) to 485 (for the GTX Business) so not significantly noticeable (at least on paper). Has any driven or seen a GTX in the flesh yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Haven't seen or driven one, but for the minor price increase, the GTX version is a no brainer for anyone ordering a 'vanilla' Business. GTX includes metallic in the price too.

Finding them smooth indeed which I wasn’t expecting. Was willing to accept a bit of a harsher ride for the beautiful 21” alloys. They just make the ID.4 I think.

I wouldn't bother with Bob on the Next Gear Show.

Never seems to know how to use half the stuff on the screens and defaults to "ah sure it has Apple Car Play" and seems to get loads of basic information wrong or gives out incorrect information.

He also continuosly moans about the charging network and how long you'll be stuck charging to 100%. Not sure why he always mentions 100% because surely you only stay long enough to get enough charge to go home.

Nobby is far better as far as I'm concerned and it comes across in his videos that he actually spends a bit of time using the cars.

I see on the price and spec updates for 2022 the GTX Business is actually quite reasonable. I didn’t expect it to be that close in price to a standard Business model. I personally feel that my Business was too expensive if I’m being honest but the City and Life Specs were very limited back in June 2021 when I ordered. VW are getting a bit like Audi where you have to pay an arm and a leg to get pretty standard equipment on your car. Electric tailgates are fast becoming a thing of the past on VW Suv’s.

I noticed he gives out a lot more recently in his videos but in the comments section and on his Sunday Service show, he has nothing but good things to say about the ID4. I think he should stop filming at Charging Stations as they clearly drive him scatty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10 ... 8777431230

Photos above of a document from Skoda showing the updates coming to the Enyaq in 22. Enyaq will also need a new 12v battery.

Should be practically the same for ID cars 3.0 prerequisite.

Still no official documents from VW apart from their Facebook posting in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jonerp

Top all-electric cars - Q1-Q4 2021

The Volkswagen ID.4 happened to be the top all-electric model in the Volkswagen Group (no surprise here) with almost 120,000 units sold. The ID.3 was second with 75,500, and a few more models closed the year between 40,000 to 50,000.

• Volkswagen ID.4 - 119,600
    • Volkswagen ID.3 - 75,500
    • Audi e-tron (incl. Sportback) - 49,200
    • Skoda Enyaq iV - 44,700
    • Volkswagen e-up! - 41,400
    • Porsche Taycan (incl. Cross Turismo) - 41,300

• Advertisement

Interesting all the comments about VW and the OTA process they are trying to implement.

I haven't heard anyone mention the Ioniq 5 not being OTA compatible in the current version (infotainment only). Is this true and is the EV6 the same?

Advertisement