Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,625 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I think that last line "He is the definition of someone who wanted the top job for his own personal benefits without any of the responsibilities that actually come with that role." would apply to most of the government, they all want the job, the perks and the pay but none of them want the responsibilities or have to make a decision without having someone or group to hide behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BuildTheWall

And the only opposition we have is SF/Labour who given half the chance, would rub salt in the proverbial wound and put us under further restrictions.

Really depressing time to be a young person in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,976 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Really depressing time for most people honestly, did you Mention Labour 😳 my god they've been essentially absent without leave throughout this entire debacle, Alan Kelly is the best FFG spokesperson they ever had .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Archeron

Interesting on Newstalk this morning, they had another senior HSE member discussing numbers.

Ciara Kelly asked the question, how many are in hospital because of Covid and how many are tested positive while in for something else.

HSE - Well even those who are in for non covid reasons, still take as much time and resources as those who dont.

CK - Yes, but what is the actual breakdown, I understand they still take as much resources.

HSE - And lets not forget that they still need to be isolated, whether they show symptoms or not.

CK - yes, I get that and am not dismissing the impact of that, but what are the actual breakdown of those numbers?

HSE - well we are going through that with a fine tooth comb, checking both those who are in hospital already and those who are being admitted. We should have a better idea of those numbers in a week or two.

Hard to fathom that after almost two years of this pandemic, and numerous people asking this very question, that they are only now going through numbers with a fine tooth comb. It seems any decisions that effect bringing in restrictions can be done with a swift stroke of a pen, the old abundance of caution, while anything that might relax restrictions or indeed create awkward questions, always seems to be subject to the "Just two more weeks" mantra.

Buy hey ho, just two more week wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,976 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You could sum up every interview with a senior HSE official in 3 words.

Blaa, Blaa, Blaa 🙄

Paul Reid on Claire Byrne and my god it was painful to listen too

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,428 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

They know damn well what the breakdown is. It just doesn't suit them to share it.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

I'm not too young (not too old either ☺️), and I dread the "opposition" coming in to power 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭B2021M

Yeah how could they not know it? You couldn't treat people correctly without knowing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,291 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Absolutely, but young people were extremely passive throughout. Even without any political opposition to rally around, I would have expected the Students Unions to vocalize some concerns and ideally arrange protests. After all, Covid was a virus that had a completely negligible effect on the heath of the young but it was the their social, educational, work and travel opportunities that were sacrificed to placate the hysterical mob, not to mention the massive inter-generational debt mountain they have been saddled with - we're all in this together indeed.

Perhaps social media shaming and fear of being labelled a granny-killer won out. Perhaps young people are totally disengaged from politics and the economic heath of the nation. Either way, it does not bode well for our future.

I suspect the younger generation will flock to the more radical parties over time - those that promise them easy solutions to the problems that have been stored up for them - then we are really in trouble as a country once that lot seize the reins of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I think they're asking the wrong questions of NPHET or badly phrasing the question. Instead of asking "can close contacts isolate for less time" they should be asking what do we need to happen so close contacts can go about their business

Let NPHET figure out a strategy and then let govt implement it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

The HSE were very efficient when it came to calculating the breakdown of unvaccinated in ICU.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Open everything up at once , ratio of ICU admission to PCR positive results is tiny

It's a head cold ,this south African variant

• Registered Users Posts: 30,464 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

MM and FF are hanging in their. They don't want to cause a fuss that may lead to.qn election because a large amount of them knows they haven't a hope of getting reelected.

MM is meant to be a lovely man but is seen as weak and his party have no respect for him.

There only hope is to follow NPHET advice and say to the grey and vunerable vote that we kept you safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭MOR316

Just a reminder, people went along with this...

Morons!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

what exactly was the point of that pilot event lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Did they? I know people that were at that event. That display on the big screen was treated with the derision it deserved.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Not getting into it (Not because of yourself, for other reasons)

I have my strong opinion and beliefs on that utter insulting piss take

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

Whats peoples opinion of what the next few weeks will be like?

Surely the fear factor will be gone by then when most people will have caught it or no somebody that has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I would delete that before someone tells you to go to the conspiracy forum.

To see how many people they could convince to be separated into sheep pens?

Leo was away at proper festivals so he couldn't be reached for comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

• Registered Users Posts: 30,464 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The fear factor does seem to be dying down a lot but you can't really admit ot because you'd still be called a granny killer.

The Orla Hegarty types(obsessed with masks, etc)aren't as popular in reality!

It's already gone...Or going at least for the majority.

The fact that everyone is getting it and also, the fact these scientists and doctors are constantly on the media circuit, refusing to give up the celebrity status is rubbing a lot of people up the wrong way. People are not listening to them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭bloopy

I'd be curious to know how many posts sent to the CT forum can now be brought back as perfectly acceptable opinions and questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BuildTheWall

It’s not only a boards.ie phenomenon. All throughout society people who have questions about the narrative are labelled a “Conspiracy Theorist” by the “Follow the science” types. Funny how it is never “Debate the science” or “validate the science” or even “replicate the science” only following, like what a little sheep does.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

The only thing that matters is who Mehole is listening to...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭brickster69

After calls for data on Scotland's admissions they released some data today. All of the 14 trusts were called for, however only 2 were provided. Maybe being cynical but possibly a good chance the incidentals may well be higher overall.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

This will unleash a witch hunt from the usual suspects, but who cares, you cannot deny the evidence forever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Quags

I find it hard how people can defend this stuff, maybe they are to far into it now to admit they've being duped I don't know. Just how far are you willing to let this thing go before you start to fight back and ask why this is happening and not just agreeing with it, people who say "ah sure this doesn't affect me" regarding covid passports will be affected down the line by something else & by then it may already be to late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,625 ✭✭✭Floppybits

As always things are done little by little and by the time people start to take notice its too late. There are still people out there calling for schools to be closed and when asked why, they all give the answer they are not safe. When you ask not safe for who, usually you are met with silence. Do people get off on this sort of stuff or something? Why are people looking to deny kids an education? About the only thing this government did right was keeping the schools open that is not saying they should have used the summer to install the filters required in the schools. Maybe if they invested in the money that they have done in all those poxy ads and other crap into filters for schools it would give the hypochondriacs less to shout about.

Advertisement