Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Remember the Poster who used to bleat on and on and on about that "forensic" audit? The one that wouldn't take a bet on it? But was absolutely One Million percent sure it would find the smoking gun? The one that failed to turn up anything whatsoever, not even Bamboo fibers?

Wonder where he's gone to. Seems to have gone awfully quiet. They'll certainly pop up again once they think we've forgotten about it with more surefire "facts" about the "stolen" election.

Well, anyway, the Cyber Ninjas are no more....

...than a bunch of lying, crooked hucksters. And they are no more.

Would said poster like his comments printed out on paper so they can enjoy them as a light snack? Would you like ketchup or mayo to go with the egg on your face?

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I do wonder about the people working in this place, you either knew it was all bull and was just a bit of nonsense or you thought it was legit and after working on it for months realised that it was all just conspiracy theory and you fell for it. It was never going to turn up anything and anyone who genuinely thought it would is a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Won't work.

"These people were forced into bankruptcy (With people losing jobs) by a biased media and the woke Libtards and Biden. They had PROOF that it was stolen but didn't reveal this information."

The usual BS:

They find something they can twist: The announce to the world. It trends for a few days until it is un-twisted and the truth is revealed but people still refer to the original postings and ignore the analysis as "Fake News".

They find nothing and their klan announce that they have discovered PROOF and will announce in Random-X amount of days/weeks (Enough time for this lie to stop trending. That way they can point to the large click-bait numbers on their sites for the announcement of coming proof AS proof but ignore the fact that no proof is supplied as promised. When people ask where this proof is, they deflect to Biden eating an ice-cream or Biden reflecting on his dead son.

1. Look at this proof. Look at what this person said. PROOF. PROOF
      1. Here is the proof that this is incorrect
        1. FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!
    2. Where are the Audit findings?
      1. They have PROOF. 100% PROOF. Will announce in 6 weeks
        1. Seven weeks later: Where is proof promised last week?
        2. Look. Biden is eating Ice-cream like an old man
        3. Where is proof promised last week?
        4. Look at this picture suggesting Biden's a pedophile (Although I'm not saying he is...)
        5. Where is proof promised last week?
        6. This other Audit has PROOF. 100% PROOF. Will announce in 6 weeks
    3. Repeat
    4. Repeat
    5. Repeat

We have seen it on this very thread

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This is an excellent thread - I've unrolled it here but the original is on twitter - https://twitter.com/AndyKimNJ/status/1478725085359972353

Some on here seem to have forgotten too, or are all of these Republicans RINOs?

"Remember what Republican leaders said before amnesia set in. I took notes that night:

Mitch McConnell (Jan6): "The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and other powerful people...They tried to disrupt our democracy, they failed…This failed insurrection.” THREAD 

Kevin McCarthy (Jan 6): The violence, destruction, and chaos we saw earlier was unacceptable undemocratic and unamerican. It was the saddest day I’ve ever had as serving as a member of this institution…We saw the worst of America this afternoon…” 

Kevin McCarthy on Jan 13: “last week’s violent attack on the Capitol was undemocratic, un-American and criminal…those who are responsible for Wednesday’s chaos will be brought to justice…The President bears responsibility for Wednesday’s attack on Congress by mob rioters.” 

VP Pence on Jan 6: “Today was a dark day in the history of the United States capitol…We condemn the violence that took place here in the strongest possible terms…To those who wreaked havoc today, you did not win.” 

Rep Steve Scalise on Jan 6: “Once you start taking violent actions against law enforcement you’re not a protestor anymore, you are an anarchist. Whether it’s anarchy or terrorism, they were trying to storm the Capitol and stop our democracy from working.” 

Rep Stefanik (R) on Jan 6: “This has been a truly tragic day for America, and we all join together in fully condemning the dangerous violence and destruction…violence in any form is absolutely unacceptable, anti-American, and must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.” 

Mike Gallagher (R) on Jan 6: “Mr. President. You have got to stop this. You are the only person who can call this off. Call it off. The election is over. Call it off. This is bigger than you. It is bigger than any member of Congress. It is about the United States of America” 

Senator Lindsey Graham on Jan 7: “When it comes to accountability the president needs to understand that his actions were the problem not the solution” 

Senator Rand Paul on Jan 6: “Chaos, anarchy. The violence today was wrong and un-American” 

Rep Chip Roy (R) on Jan 6: “Today the people’s house was attacked, which is an attack on the republic itself…People need to go to jail… and the president should never have spun up certain Americans to believe something that simply cannot be.” 

Senator Thune (R) on Jan 6: “I hope that the types of people who stormed the Capitol today got a clear message that they will not stop our democracy from moving forward…We need to get our work done and this kind of thuggery would not keep us from doing the people’s work” 

Rep Dan Crenshaw (R) on Jan 7: “On Wednesday the Capitol of the most powerful nation the world has ever known was stormed by an angry mob. Americans surely never thought they’d see such a scene…It was a display not of patriotism but of frenzy and anarchy.“ 

Senator Ben Sasse (R) on Jan 6: “This building has been desecrated, blood has been spilled in the hallways…what happened today isn’t what America is…There are some who are trying to burn it all down, and we met some of them today.” 

Senator Rob Portman (R) on Jan 6: “I condemn the violent and criminal acts that took place at the US Capitol today. These shameful actions to disrupt a session of Congress and vandalize the Capitol building should never happen in our great republic” 

Senator Barrasso (R) on Jan 6: “The violence and destruction have no place in our republic.” 

Senator Roy Blunt (R) on Jan 6: “The events unfolding at the Capitol are shameful. There is no justification for violence and destruction. It has to stop now. This is not who we are as a nation. Thank you to the Capitol Police who are keeping us safe.” 

Senator Blackburn (R) on Jan 6: “These actions at the US Capitol by protestors are truly despicable and unacceptable. While I am safe and sheltering in place, these protests are prohibiting us from doing our constitutional duty. I condemn them in the strongest possible terms.” 

Senator Cynthia Lummis (R) on Jan 6: “Call it what it is: An attack on the Capitol is an attack on democracy” 

Senator Rick Scott (R) on Jan 6: “No one has a right to commit violence. What happened today at the Capitol is disgraceful and un-American. It is not what our country stands for.” 

Rep Cathy Rodgers (R) on Jan 6: “What we have seen today is unlawful and unacceptable…I have decided I will vote to uphold the Electoral College results and I encourage Donald Trump to condemn and put an end to this madness.” 

Senator Rubio on Jan 6: “There is nothing patriotic about what is occurring on Capitol Hill. This is 3rd world style anti-American anarchy” 

Senator Rick Scott (R) on Jan 6: “No one has a right to commit violence. What happened today at the Capitol is disgraceful and in-American. It is not what this country stands for” 

Senator McConnell: “Former President Trump’s actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful, disgraceful dereliction of duty. There’s no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day.” 

These posters can attach the MSM, democrats and people on here. What say they in relation to the vast number of established republicans above?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

The problem is, they are not saying that now and are trying to cast some revisionist version of what happened that day..... And it is working. Which is why you have people saying "Oh move on. It wasn't that bad" or blaming MSM or democrat moles. They are saying they only wanted to talk. They are saying they were tourists for God's sake.

So individual members of the GOP came out and said those things immediately/shortly after. Now, however, they backpedal. Because this is now the official stance of the GOP: Trumps Big Lie and the violent aftermath is GOP approved and sanctioned. There can be NO other explanation. Plain and simple. I would actually like to hear if any Republican can deny this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Exactly.

Jan 6th 2021 should have been the turning point for the Republicans and Donald Trump. It should have been the day that they parted company with him forever and consigned him back to the swamp he came from. But as we've seen, their comments then and their comments now are of a different shade.

Duplicitous snakes.

Post edited by Tony EH on

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Speaking of dupicitous snakes, look at Ted Cruz in the Senate earlier this week (on record) and then watch him try to back-track when professional bullshitter Tucker Carlson peddles the lie.

And what does Cruz do? Blame the Democrats and the media, for what he said.

An absolute weasel. And what worse is people fall for it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

This is an enjoyable segment, particularly at the end when the random reverend compares the burning of the Fox Christmas tree to Pearl Harbour. Hope none of the snowflakes here that were so outraged at the VP comparing the Jan 6 insurrection to Pearl Harbour see this, it might send them over the edge.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Completely missed that.

It was posted by CNN though so you can't trust them, or something something.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I do think it is telling that he cancelled the plan press event on the 6th. Apart from the supposed lack of media interest, I think it signals that even Trump knows that the 6th is not something that is going to play well to anyone outside his very core base. He should be, as many GOPer are, looking to draw a line under it and put it as history.

Holding a press conference on the anniversary was only going to draw the attention about those events directly back onto him.

I would wager that when they looked for questions from the press, that almost all of them related to his responsibility for the events of the day and whether he denounces those that took part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,849 ✭✭✭✭briany

This morning Tucker Carlson is picking his teeth with Sen. Ted Cruz’s spine

Ted Cruz never had a spine to begin with.

Here is a man who was humiliated by Trump during the 2016 primary. "Lyin' Ted!", he said. "He holds the bible high, and then he lies..." Then, in response to a GQ cover picture of Melania Trump, posted by a PAC not affiliated to Cruz, Trump tweeted out a side by side picture of Melania, looking the best she can, and one of Heidi Cruz pulling a pained expression, basically saying to Ted, "You're wife's an uggo." Ted did not take it well, and called Trump a snivelling coward. But it didn't hurt Trump too much. He spanked Cruz in the primary contest. Cruz was supposed to then endorse Trump at the 2016 Republican convention as is usually the protocol for the closest runner-up. He did not. He gave a speech, but never did he give his personal endorsement to Trump at that time.

Then he went fairly quiet for a while, grew a beard and started acting like the hard man of the new Republican party under Trump. He's like the scrawny kid at school who the big bully tolerates because he feeds the bully's ego and laughs at his sick jokes and generally does his bidding, not because he has the bully's respect. He's an oily worm of the highest order. He'll never be president himself, because the Republican base ultimately want a 'strong man' and when it comes down to it, his attempt to be that is laughably transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'd love to know what pushed Ted to do the 180 on Trump. It could just be him sensing which way the wind was blowing but I'd really like to know if there's more to it. I expect we won't get anything close to the truth as long as both men are still in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,643 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I came here to talk about that. It's a pretty incredible indictment of the state of US politics that Cruz prostrates himself in front of a media personality begging for forgiveness. And all the while Fox and Conservatives try to paint a narrative of the MSM controlling the government. Between Sean Hannity strategising with Trump and his team, and Cruz behaving like a schoolchild at the principles office, there can be no argument but that Fox staff are active participants in the world of US politics while not being answerable to any employer or electorate.

Really quite a shameful video for Republicans and I would say Cruz a well, but as others have pointed out, he has form in this respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,643 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

In case anyone is in any doubt as to how much trust to put in the words of current significant leaders within the GOP.

Surprised Nikki Haley didn't appear in that video.

It's worth reminding people what Graham said about Trump before.

Ted Cruz campaigned for the man who called his wife ugly. If you knew nothing about Ted Cruz that's about all you need to know.

Trump called off his rally/speech/jamboree under pressure from the Party. The party are playing the long game here. They know that a small red wave in this year's mid-terms and a little more power at state levels and they'll have the power with ratfuckery to claim power next time around if it's any way close.

The Democrats seem to at least realise this and are working on some legislation around vote certification. It's something they really need to get the finger out on, even before any voting rights act. Due to the wonderful way the USA is set up each state can pretty much do what they like with electors. Having seen that they'll have people behind them the GOP know they just need to **** around in a couple of states and they'll take the White House again. The GOP are slow-rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,849 ✭✭✭✭briany

Donald Trump has not, thus far, been one to give much a fúúck about the concerns of the wider Republican party. Anyway, it's been Trump's constant crowing about election fraud that has given rise to the idea that widespread electoral reform must take place, even though there has been no actual evidence found of the kind of wide-ranging malfeasance alleged. So, what harm would it actually have done to the new Republican strategy for Trump to give another speech about how the election was stolen and those who broke into the Capitol were really just patriots at the end of their rope? If anything, it would have been a help. It shouldn't be a help, because it's completely insane, but this is where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

FWIW some mutterings in an article on Salon.com that Bob Woodward might have something new about #TFG coming out. Not much to go on, just feelings: https://www.salon.com/2022/01/08/donald-should-be-very-afraid-this-anniversary-was-not-good-news-for-him/

Because if he cools the jets a little bit then people don't pay attention and the state-level Republicans can keep tipping away and removing safeguards on vote certification

He doesn't give a **** about the party, obviously. But it's not the first time he's changed his mind due to out side pressure. He's just one of those people you have to convince is making the decision themselves.

The GOP are mobilising. They saw how close things were last time (even without it being actually up for debate) and short of the Democrats winning with 5+ states in hand there's plenty of scope for them to try some ratfuckery next time.

Happy anniversary 🎈🎉🎈

Where has the year gone!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Let's also not forget that Trump suggested that his Cruz' Cuban father was somehow connected to the Kennedy assassination.

Utterly spineless...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

And fed the stories about his father being connected to the zodiac killer

I thought that was people saying Cruz himself was the Zodiac Killer?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the zodiac killer was active before Cruz was born

• Registered Users Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm sure the Trump cultists will have no problem with this and will actively defend it. Can you imagine the pretend outrage from them though if someone from CNN was texting Biden and being dialled in on WH meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Cody montana

There would be apocalyptic rage and calls for firing.

A lot more information to come out I’d imagine.

• Advertisement

One could argue that it is the same with Cuomo brothers, albeit on a lesser scale.

The difference of course being there are consequences for everyone apart from Republicans..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement