Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is there no PCR tests available?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Finally got my txt from hse with appointment that was sent in from doctor. No point going now at this stage as its 8 days since I asked for it. Kids still not showing any symptoms and we've been isolating since before Xmas. Gazillion negative antigen tests between the household.

If this happens again when I'm back to work though I'm not sure what will happen.

If they show any symptoms (asmatic daughter with constant coughs) they will be sent home from creche -this was a pain in the hole but once we would get the negative pcr they could go back.

What we are going to do if we have to wait another 8 days for test and 2 for results every time they get a cough or sniffle. We will both be sacked at that rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Well I'm not surprised. Happy to sit up on the backs of others and refuse to make the effort to get vaccinated themselves, and then when they think they catch it, cheat their way to the front of the queue. Scroungers.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Confused11811

You should go, The PCR will still detect you had COVID-19 recently. You'll get a COVID-19 recovery certificate which can may be handy if you ever need to travel abroad. You could for example 3 months down the road fail a PCR test before a flight , with a recovery cert you can do an antigen test instead of a PCR.

Who do you hold responsible for this “shambles”?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Scroungers? They both work and pay their fair share of taxes.

Both got a very mild experience of the Covid19 so they did.

Looking forward to having a pint with them next weekend, indoors. I'll have my Covid Cert and they'll have their proof of immunity. Win-Win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Yeah complete and utter scoungers.

Enjoy your pints with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

EDIT: TLDR, My husband and I tested positive with Genrui, negative with Boson, and we have bad doses of what I think is Covid (head cold plus other seemingly Covid symptoms). We finally arranged PCRs so await results.

Looks like they're investigating the false positive possibility: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/reports-of-false-positives-from-genrui-antigen-test-to-be-examined-by-regulator-1.4768540

Post edited by LostinKildare on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

took 4 days to get a pcr test date, test will be 6 days after initial positive antigen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭willabur

Some goon took up all the availability with a bot. They put capcha on the site last night so should be alot easier to get a test now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Anyone else getting an error message on the mobile site when you select the ‘Start’ button?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Yeah, same here, errors all morning for me too.

Been trying for days to get my other half a test online, shes sick, positive on the antigens, i am still testing negative on mine and she isolating.

Her GP told her yesterday he was put her down for a referral, waiting time could be 4-8 days, she developed symptons new years eve !

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭duefrine

500 odd spots left in dublin as of 00.08 / 12.08

All gone at 00.12 / 12.12

longest i have seen the 12am batch hang around for so long, in a while..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Was trying for Waterford and at midnight exactly there were 6 appointments, managed to get to the availability page and they were already gone, like how are people that fast I was literally flying through it as quickly as I could.

Do they release another batch at a different time? I managed to check their API and can see future dates available (e.g. 8th Jan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Went on at 12 on the dot the last 4 nights since a positive antigen test.

Each time every slot gone before the clock had even changed to 12:01.

Post edited by The DayDream on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

Someone said the other day that you should try on the half hour. After days and days of seeing "No appts" I tried at 12.30 the other night and actually got an appointment. Can't remember how many were available - I just clicked as fast as I could and picked the first time I saw.

• Advertisement

Yes, i have an alert set up through telegram and it does show that more come up at 12.30 but it was less than 10 and they were gone straight away too.

I have a positive antigen test and my symptoms are basically the exact same as how I felt from the side effects from the first jab. I definitely have covid but to be able to apply for the illness benefit I have to stay up all night to try and play fast fingers lotto to win the chance to walk my sick self through the cold to a test centre? So ridiculous.

Post edited by The DayDream on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Presume you're in retail or similar, not the actual "frontline" healthcare, first responders, armed forces etc? Because they would get sick pay.

Our sector was considered 'essential' so we have been able to stay open (and making record profits) yet we have no sick pay, that's correct. I've been told we are technically considered healthcare workers but it is in a weird grey area of health and retail tbh

Now, my boss is as sound as they come. I was out for like 3 days with symptoms before which turned out not to be covid, he didn't dock me for those days even though under company policy he was meant to, but if I'm out for 7-10 days I dont know if I can expect him to do that again, probably not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GSBellew

I'm in an 'essential' sector, finance and oddly crossing into funeral care, but I'd not call myself frontline as I'm not out on the frontline.

Depends on the exact circumstances of it really, did you potentially contract it in the line of work? If not then working though is just circumstance and not really relevant as you were paid.

I don't understand the last paragraph there, what do you mean?

It is definitely frontline as I am in close contact with the public all day in a small shop, and the products we sell are essential medical devices basically. We were kept open when other shops like clothes shops were closed, we cannot work from home.

• Advertisement

....test center was running smoothly this morning, probably about 30 mins on site, results will be at least 48hrs after test, so that will be 8 days after initial positive antigen, waterford city

Just a few points to help your chances of getting an appointment...

I have only booked Dublin, but I presume it applies to all counties.

Appointments get released at

- 12.00, 12.30, 01.00, all am... ( Open to correction here, but that's when I have seen them )

Use a laptop or PC, with a mouse.. ( an up to date and fast one )

The same applies if you are using your phone, but laptop is best...

- Open the hse.ie page well before ( at lest 30 minutes ) 12.00am, and go through the steps and get to step 7 of 13.....

Refresh every 2 minutes or so, then at 11.57 I would be refreshing constantly...

How to refresh --- when on step 7 of 13, click privacy statement ( bottom left of page ) then press back ( top left of page ) and you are back at step 7 of 13 refreshed...

If you get to click on an test center, were appointments are available, it give you two dates , click on the right side date, then pick a time, if thats not available pick another and so on...

If you get a time it will ask you for your mobile number and it will send you a code by text message... ( Some people are using the email option to get a code ) it has always worked with text massage for me ...

Keep at it till 01.00 am when the last batch is released or until you get sorted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭ax530

no longer need a PCR positive result to get payments

a letter\note from GP will do - so if you have rang them asking for PCR ref they can send it onto you.

Know someone in this situation recently GP office said no point even putting name down for PCR takes so long we will send you out letter you can use that to claim. Hopefully works think they have submitted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭mumo3

I'll second that. My daughter was a close contact in work before Christmas, HSE didn't contact her. Her Job notified her and told her she couldn't return until January 4th, but she contact our GP who wasn't back until Tuesday 5th even tough her 10 days were up and she's back to work the 4th, he filled in the form and they back dated the payment to cover her 10 days (she received payment today)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Anyone know how long its taking for PCR results to return at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

My missus got hers in about 24-25 hours this morning, from Punchestown yesterday. Really sick with flu like symptoms and a positive Antigen,but test was negative.

I'm waiting on mine(test was this morning), feeling a lot better myself.

I'll wait until mine is back tomorrow, see what the story is. I went to a different test centre. She may need to get another test if mine is positive. If mine is negative too, it's just a bad cold we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭ShayNanigan

I got mine in 24 hours too. Also feeling sick, worst symptom at the moment is a swollen throat. But a negative result. I don't know if I should just go on like it was a cold or what now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Does anyone know if HSE are still issuing close contact texts?

Finally got an appointment using the Privacy Statement trick, thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

it was down to junior and his gaming skills that organaised 2 for hiimself and my wife.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

How did you set up the alert system in telegram?

The telegram bot does not work anymore... The HSE put a captcha at the start, that stopped the bot...

Thanks for the thanks 👍,Delighted it worked for you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

We all got tested Wednesday after I stayed up Monday and Tues to get us appointments. I had rang caredoc around 1am on Sunday morning to get my husband referred. He finally got an appointment this morning, for this afternoon based on the referral so it took 5 and a half days to get that appointment. We had our results yesterday.

Mine came back positive, about 30 hours after test. Same symptoms as you, throat was sore for the last 3 days with it.

My wife did an antigen just there, because she couldn't believe she was negative and that went positive quickly! She might need another PCR.

The kids seem fine, negative antigens at the mo.

Was that was put there to stop the telegram alert? I thought that would be for a bot that actually was booking appointments (I'm probably wrong).

All the telegram alert does is tell you when they get released, you still have to go through the steps to book it starting with this page and the captcha. I wouldn't actually use a bot to swallow up healthcare appointments, that's kinda crappy.

In any case, the alerts basically confirm they get released most at 12, some at 12.30 maybe 1 or 2 at 1 am.

I actually got an appointment this morning by being referred by my GP. They said it would take a few days but it actually only took about 24 hrs. After staying up to midnight playing this silly game for 4 nights on the trot.

Also, anyone going for a test be aware you may have to queue outside for a bit. A fella with his two daughters was behind me in the queue today, one of them in gym shorts and the other one in fuzzy slippers. It was snowing and hailing here all last night so I dunno what they were thinking but luckily we were only standing there about 15 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭appledrop

Hundreds of test available right now for anyone who needs them in Dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Absolutely 0 in Cork. 36 came up at 12:30AM and were gone inside 20 seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭appledrop

1st time since before Christmas that I've seen loads like that for Dublin.

They must have finally increased the capacity for testing.

Yes I can see Cork is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Gerard93

Hi all,

Just wondering what happens with a positive PCR test ?? I find a lot of the information on the HSE site confusing.....

I first showed symptoms Fri 31st Sore throat, blocked nose, I did an antigen test on Sun along with rest of the household (Wife - fully vaccinated & booster along with myself, 14 year old fully vaccinated, 12 year old unvaccinated), I showed positive the others negative. I have been self isolating since Sunday others restricted movements

I got a PCR test for later today, which no doubt will show positive, overall I am lucky my symptoms are not bad.

Thanks for reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Deeec

I thought they had changed it to 7 days isolation from Jan 3rd - if over 7 days from booster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

It does say 7 if no symptoms by then so you’re right. 10 is if person still has symptoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Gerard93

Thanks for replies

• Advertisement
Advertisement