Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

It's sad when all we have to look forward to is the draft

Toney out of the final game

Toney played in just 10 games. He had 39 receptions in 57 targets (a 68.4 catch percentage) for 420 yards, an average of 10.8 yards per reception. He did not score a touchdown.

Not exactly the production you want from a first round draft pick

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

In fairness to Toney, the qb play has been brutal. We're 28th in passing yards, 29th in completion percentage, 30th in touchdowns and last in yards per completion. Be hard for any receiver to impress. He's had a couple of moments, definitely few and far between but I wouldn't be writing him off just yet. Stats wise he did nearly the exact same as Golladay.

Kind of sickens me though to think we traded out of the 11th pick when the Cowboys got Parsons at 12

We really need to get a massive hit with our pick from Chicago

Hopefully they lose tonight so we keep that in the top 8

A QB sneak on 3rd and 9

Thank god this season is over

We'll have 2 picks in top 8 at least after Chicago losing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

At least judge will put them to good use

after todays performance i'm not sure Judge is safe

• Registered Users Posts: 34,117 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That's the most depressing season I have ever seen from NY.

Was brutal all around.

Gettleman has retired

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

I can’t believe they are think people believe this charade. Unfortunately it looks like judge is back

• Advertisement

Apparently Mara and Co didn't even meet Judge today

Wouldn't give us a head start if we are switching coaches

Judge is gone

Thank God

Now we need to find the best coach available

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭boccy23

I haven't looked yet, but the Giants job as a complete rebuild with 2 first round picks in the Top 10, some talent on the roster and a team approach with GM and HC should be attractive.

But I could be 100% wrong.

It is a really vital decision now for Mara and Tisch. They cannot afford to get this wrong. The backlash from the fan base over this season will be felt in their pockets. The medium drink controversy recently went down very badly with the season ticket holders. That could affect revenue in the stadium which is all money that owners keep. They will not be happy that this could be jeopardised and I think Judge's firing was partly due to this.

5 coaches in 8 seasons (6 if we include Interim HC Spags) is not a good look. I was unhappy with Reese's end to his tenure, but when you look at the lists of Top 10 mistakes that Gettleman made, christ on a bike, how did he survive so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Is it a complete rebuild though? Build a decent o-line and that's a competitive team imo

Cap space could be a problem, but we have plenty of talent at the skill positions and back end of the defence. I'd spend the 2 first rounders of getting the best linemen we can on both sides. Think we'll have to stick with Jones another year. Nobody jumps out at me in the draft and I just don't see us making a play for a Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson

Giants hire Joe Schoen as next general manager

Big big job ahead for him

I know it's stating the obvious, but watching the Bills/Chiefs game on Sunday and comparing to the Giants is like watching my 13 year old's soccer and comparing to the PL. It's night and day. The scheming from the 2 teams with men in motion, misdirection, creating 1-on-1's and O-Line play are light years away from what we saw week to week (for the last 5 years+ really)!

Brian Daboll is the new head coach

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

I like the appointment of Brian Daboll. I think he's really going to put us back on the map.

AND YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!!!

• Advertisement

I saw a Twitter post that the Giants were in on Wilson.

2 1sts

1 2nd

2 3rds

Danny Dimes

Saquon

If it's true (and I find it hard to believe with the Salary Cap hell we are in), I am so glad we didn't make that trade. We are not a QB away from success. We need more draft capital, not less.

Very positive about all the changes so far this off season, but then again, we have done well in previous off seasons with zero translation onto the field.

Definitely glad we didn't get that trade through

Only way we will improve is through the draft

Can't do SFA in free agency this year with our cap hell

Bottom line, we need to draft better! The Gettlegone era was brutal that way. Anything after round 2 was a disaster, Sam Beal, David Webb, BJ Hill, Ximines were all Round 3 and have never produced.

The cap is a disaster this year because of FA last year and pushing the cap. We bite the bullet this year, Trade as much for draft capital this year and more so next year. The cap situation for next year is not too bad.

So as a Big Blue fan, I can take one more year of being brutal if we have the seeds of growth.

Could be worse, could be Washington. 😂 Good luck with Wentz!

Round 3 really has been a disaster going back to the JR era

So as expected, we have sign Jon Feliciano to play Centre. Also signed Mark Glowinski from the Colts to play RG. This is already looking positive. Not too high a price and veteran presence.

I have no expectations this year but a professional approach is one of them. And we seem to have that now. This is light years away from the previous regime.

Also Engram has signed a 1 year deal for $9M with the Jags. Read on Twitter that we have not signed any of our last 11 years of Round 1 picks to a second played out contract. We did sign JPP and OBJ but they both left shortly after signing. Now that is incompetence on a whole new level.

For a team with no cap space this seems a very expensive deal

ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that the Giants have agreed to terms with Tyrod Taylor on a two-year $17 million deal, including $8.5 million in guaranteed money.

Ok not as bad as first reported

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1503866249977151493

The thing that jumps to mind are Jones's neck (maybe worse than we know) and 2 QB sneaks with Jake Fromm. Ownership will overpay for that not to happen again.

For me I think that if Jones is fit, he is the QB1 but we cannot have what happened at the end of last season again.

Thibodeaux at 5

Bit surprising

Still we can get good OT at 7

Evan Neal at 7

• Advertisement

Happy enough with Neal at 7

Advertisement