Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BattleBots! (US Robot Wars)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

point made that because beta were quarantining, their first match against rotator where they broke their weapon off but still lost was shot after some of the other matches in subsequent episode that have also had questionable judging decisions.

think the problem is the gold jacket judge is a known contrarian but its lisa winter who actually judges against the grain most often

watching all of witchdoctors pandemic chats with other builders and they mentioned surrogate.tv remote mini sumobots https://twitter.com/SurrogateTV/status/1334902572411482113

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is a spinoff series called Battlebots Bounty Hunters. The first 4 episodes are out.
    Works better than the long episodes because they fit in 8 fights in 45 minutes so they are very lean.

Same hosts and arena, so it's just more of the same show but less filler!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Mr E wrote: »
    There is a spinoff series called Battlebots Bounty Hunters. The first 4 episodes are out.
    Works better than the long episodes because they fit in 8 fights in 45 minutes so they are very lean.

Just saw all the eps up on https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleBotsRaw/ and was wondering what they were, this is great!

Strike that, it was split across 2 episodes. :)

• Advertisement

they need new judges

Wooo! Couple of good fights in that one :D

Thargor wrote: »
    Wooo! Couple of good fights in that one :D

and a couple of terrible ones

Ah you're never going to get an episode without a couple of duds. Have you noticed how bad the Faruq intros to fights are getting? Its actual torture listening to it, just let it die. The main presenter Chris whatever is just a d1ck aswell, he isnt funny but thinks he is, Kenny should be the lead, he'd be able to give proper fight metaphors at least instead of childish gibberish.

Ah you're never going to get an episode without a couple of duds. Have you noticed how bad the Faruq intros to fights are getting? Its actual torture listening to it, just let it die. The main presenter Chris whatever is just a d1ck aswell, he isnt funny but thinks he is, Kenny should be the lead, he'd be able to give proper fight metaphors at least instead of childish gibberish.
    thankfully those intros are shorter in the bounty hunter show.

think Chris plays up that persona a bit

the female presenter is often not wearing a mask, think shes a Trump supporter

• Advertisement

Decent one this week, a couple of good fights.
    I really am skipping Farooq's intros though - still the worst thing about this show.

Don't know how Huge does so well - seems like a really stupid idea on paper. :)

The last fight was great too.
    Ray
    looked gutted.

Wonder what's gone wrong with Tombstone? There hasn't been that big a jump in quality in its opponents, compared to the way it used to physically rip other bots apart something has definitely changed...

Wonder what's gone wrong with Tombstone? There hasn't been that big a jump in quality in its opponents, compared to the way it used to physically rip other bots apart something has definitely changed...

those striking circular blades are more effective then they look

Decent one this week, a couple of good fights.
    I really am skipping Farooq's intros though - still the worst thing about this show.

Don't know how Huge does so well - seems like a really stupid idea on paper. :)

The last fight was great too.
    Ray
    looked gutted.

think it shows how Huge was robbed in the previous fight.

think ray just wanted to last the round

serious damage to tombstone, see at 22 minutes

TheChrisD wrote: »
    They don't want to have to date the content so much, as this could easily be shown several years down the line. Also, it's not exactly crucial to the content of the show.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Top 32 bracket is out: https://i.redd.it/4x9r1d9lzyg61.png

Minor spoiler for the most recent episode if you watch it, but too funny not to share:

rotator robbed again

rotator robbed again

Nah. No control and limited aggression, despite presumably edging the damage category.

• Advertisement

Couple of boring eps in a row there, I think this is my least favourite season so far, only one or two truly spectacular fights. They did well to get it out during a pandemic though so nit complaining, its still the show I most look forward to every week, that plus For All Mankind.

Nah. No control and limited aggression, despite presumably edging the damage category.

the other guys weapon wasn't working for most of the fight, roboto did what it could, it aimed and hit many many many times, thats control and aggression.

the other guys weapon wasn't working for most of the fight

And Rotator's also went down by the end, so that results in mostly similar damage; Rotator would edge based on damage caused by their primary weapon.
    roboto did what it could, it aimed and hit many many many times, thats control and aggression.

I think you're misinterpreting the categories. At no point did Rotator attempt to control the fight, they were always driving away to spin up, and all the hits happened because End Game aggressively moved in for the contact.

Also, the push-fight domination from End Game in the last minute pretty much gives it all the control.

And Rotator's also went down by the end, so that results in mostly similar damage; Rotator would edge based on damage caused by their primary weapon.

I think you're misinterpreting the categories. At no point did Rotator attempt to control the fight, they were always driving away to spin up, and all the hits happened because End Game aggressively moved in for the contact.

Also, the push-fight domination from End Game in the last minute pretty much gives it all the control.

rotator moving and hitting is control, endgame doesn't have control in those moments its reacting.

rototor weapon was working for atleast 2 of the 3 minutes, so thats better then endgame. by 1 and half minutes where it could continue to do what its suppose to.

endgame perfectly designed to to destroy whiplashes internals.

the wedge-lets are getting so long on these bots that their front weapons are no longer engaging :/

Season 6 commences January 6th (well, early morning of the 7th for us)

Started back this week. Some great fights!

I'm still skipping Faruq's intros. 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

some great battles. minitar put up a fair fight despite being on fire for 2 min.

i think ray billings needs to come up with another robot. tombstone is getting its ass handed to it.

end game was lucky to survive that flip from hydra. those forks on the front were more of a hindrance than a help. they couldnt get contact with the disk.

i watch on reddit on battlebots raw . nothing but the fights, almost no farauq , intros etc. i miss the pits though but its better than all that farauq garbage

It was an okay start, cant complain about anything there and its just good to have it back. I also skip Faruk and the other obnoxious fake presenter guy, just pure cringe.

What was with all the fires? The neverending blowtorch from the exposed lithium batteries in the last fight would make you nervous about charging ebikes and scooters indoors.

Also that multi pronged vertical spinner newbie seems like a dud, just no power, they shouldn't bother turning up if they're not going to be punting them up into the roof like Uppercut. Free Shipping is another dud, just pointless bringing these weak weapons into the box. I would say same for hammersaws which always struck me as the stupidest weapon (apart from flamethrowers) but Blacksmiths one did seem to be punching holes tonight.

Would love to know whats gone wrong with Tombstone, it was indestructible when it started, even on the rare occasions that someone like Minotaur kicked the crap out of it it would stay fighting, now one impact and its weapon is gone and its on fire or immobilized, maybe time to bin it and rebuild instead of repairing years of damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

tombestone is a wierd one. its a verery simple bot in principle compared to others. i think ray has been forcing it to be faster adn more powerfull but at the cost of reliability. he is on the back foot with all these new materials in the lasat few yeas that are a lot more robust and tougher to his kind of weapon. he can be the king of kinetic energy but its worth nothing without control and durability.

which multi pronged newbie. is that end game that beat hydra. the prongs are terrible but they are the chamions.

Advertisement