Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Because people are claiming, among other things that the vaccines are dangerous and that they are part of a global plot to depopulate the planet.

If people have genuine concerns about the safety of the vaccines, they have not been expressing them here and are only repeating lies told by conspiracy theory and anti-vaxx outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

If I recall It was moved here by mods or admins because it is a conspiracy theory. All you have to do is read the first page or so and you’ll see that things like world depopulation mentioned. iIf that’s not a conspiracy theory then I don’t know what is

Lol. Sorry man, please not believing your conspiracy theories and pointing out that you are a liar does not make you an oppressed minority.

It's very silly to pretend that it does. It demonstrates both a complete ignorance of history as well as exposes one of the roots behind you dishonest belief: a persecution complex.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Because the topic is meant to be around claims that vaccines are unsafe due to a conspiracy to implant us all with 5g, kill everyone, magnetise everyone, and a bunch of other mad ideas. There is no discussion around any actual safety issues regarding vaccines, other than repeated misunderstanding of the various medicine symptoms reporting stats sites, such as Yellowcard and VAERS.

Therfore its just conspiracy, actual discussion on risks with the vaccines will be happening in the main coronavirus forum.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,605 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Because having it here allows the cranks to post their misinformation and lies and argue what they are saying is just a "theory" without having to back up anything they say with fact.

This thread wouldn't exist in the coronavirus forum as it would have been shut down at the outset due to they lies spread here.... Lies generally caused by a patent lack of comprehension about what they are discussing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭SmithsFan

While the first post and many others do perhaps misrepresent the general title of the thread, my original point still stands.

A quick flick through other pages suggests to me that there is some good educated debate taking place worthy of a broad discussion in my view, and not one pre-judged by the title "Conspiracy Theories".

Am I to assume the moderator is therefore of the view that ALL vaccines are safe for ALL cohorts and any debate that does take place should do so only in a more niche section i.e. under conspiracy theories?

Feel free to start your own "questioning covid vaccine safety" thread in the main covid forum and see how you get on.

No doubt you'll get the same uneducated drivel that's posted here regurgitated in it.

Followed by tantrums and name calling when any questions are asked of those posting lies and misinformation.

So are you saying there is zero educated debate taking place in this thread as well?

I'm of the opinion that if people have wild and unsubstantiated views on any topic that it should be aired in the most public place possible. That's surely the best way to make their arguments look stupid.

The more public a platform you give a fool, the more foolish he or she will look.

Do you not understand that this thread already existed in the "wider public place" but was moved here due to the conspiracy theories taking place?

What you are asking for has already happened

• Advertisement

Ok, if we're going to be patronising, do you not understand that there actually is intelligent debate taking place on some of the pages of this thread that I believe should take place in a general Coronavirus section?

I'm assuming you've decided vaccines are safe and warranted for all ages, if not I apologise for an erroneous inference but I'm going to leave it at that.

Assume all you want, I don't care one jot.

You are quite free to discuss covid vaccine safety in the main forum if, what you discuss, isn't based on the same lies, misinformation or misunderstanding that you get here. That's why this thread is here.

By all means, root out the educated posts here and debate them in the main forum

Absolutely nothing stopping you doing that and I'm not sure why you think there is??

For someone who said they haven’t read the thread you appear to have read it. New account/dormant account? Check. Concern over vaccine but not backing it up with substance? Check. We’ve seen this before and so the skeptic in me says that you’ve been here before, and you may not be what you initially try to portray. I’m happy to be corrected though through your future posts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

"A fit and healthy 23-year-old woman collapsed and died from a blood clot five months after being prescribed the combined contraceptive pill, an inquest heard."

"'Our daughter died at 21 due to contraceptive pill - now doctors need to learn'

EXCLUSIVE: Julia and Brian Kurek have spoken out warning the Government after their 21-year-old daughter Fallan died from a blood clot caused by the combined contraceptive pill"

"Amy Hogan, 23, died after she also developed a blood clot which had gone undiagnosed."

You should probably start a campaign to get the birth control pill banned so.

It's because of posts like this and other replies that I tend not to bother with sites like this or Twitter anymore. The immediate suspicion of my motives coupled with incorrect inferences from my posts that shows you either didn't read it properly or you're just assuming I'm going to take an unsubstantiated stance.

I am concerned over the vaccine but my OP related to the section where this is taking place on the basis that there's already a prejudice to the debate. There is plenty of educated and qualified discussion about the veracity or safety of vaccines for kids. I never said they were unsafe or unwarranted. I simply said I wasn't convinced yet, yet, but I'm disappointed to see this thread under the heading Conspiracy Theories.

I returned to Boards at a time when Twitter & YouTube seem to dislike educated debate by banning views that aren't necessarily that radical or conspiratorial but simply go against the narrative and this initial interaction on Boards hasn't inspired me with much confidence that anything more constructive will take place here.

As has been said many times at this stage.

Theres nothing stopping you from opening your own thread in the main forum if you want.

Youre creating your own "strawman hill" here to die on which is, frankly, weird in the extreme.

If you want to discuss vaccine safety, go ahead.

However don't question why this thread is on the conspiracy theory forum when it's full of mad lies and mistruths.

Unless of course, you have an ulterior motive to be questioning its position here

If you read my post as an attack then you must have come into the thread in a defensive position which would be odd. I do hope you prove me wrong, but in the last month or so, you are the 3rd poster or so that came in with such a premise and then changed. It’s a MO used by conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers, and then they get annoyed when outed.

You have identified some good debate on this thread. There is so little debate in the thread because only one side engages that it has me convinced that you have read the thread unless you hit the jackpot of picking the one page out of 78 at the first attempt. Surely anyone of reason can see why suspicions arise. As already stated, please prove me wrong because genuine posters are great to discuss with.

First page of COVID forum, there's a discussion around side effects and on page 3, there's one around getting kids the vaccine. There's even a thread about the horse medication that doesn't work against COVID...

On top of that, you're claiming YouTube doesn't allow intelligent debate. This makes it pretty clear you're literally annoyed that YouTube doesn't allow conspiracy videos any more.

For an example of the quality of discussion in this thread. A poster claimed that 65% of 70-80 year olds were vaccinated. They were using this claim alongside ICU numbers in the UK as proof of the vaccine not working. I provided proof that over 90% in that age group were vaccinated. They declared that deeply worrying and ignored the fact there claim was bs. There is not intelligent debate from conspiracy theorists.

Going to wrap this up now. I never said it was an attack. They're your words, not mine. Once again incorrect inferences as another poster did in relation to YouTube censorship (see below).

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or an anti vaxxer. I wasn't defensive coming on here, I merely posed a question about a thread about vaccine safety which I felt was already being judged by its place in conspiracy theories. I accept I could debate this elsewhere or start a new one but to be honest after this level of suspicion i.e. I'm anti-vax, I'm a conspiracy theorist, I'm disinclined to waste my time.

Another erroneous inference.

Where did I say I was annoyed by YouTube censorship? Disappointed is how I'd describe it. But you continue to make your own assumptions without basis.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, if you don’t want to have a discussion on a forum, then it’s the same as half the posters on this thread. It could have been good, but it’s not to be. You didn’t outline any concern that you had apart from maybe a certain cohort doesn’t need it. However, that is not a concern about safety and possibly did colour perception as it’s a MO used here.

The fact that this is the only point you're discussing from my post.... For a person so passionate about debate.

So again, conspiracy theorists have given up claiming that the vaccines are dangerous because that claim has become too embarrassing for them.

Well I'd like to hear more people discuss the views of doctors/scientists that are opposing vaccines for kids. Here's 2 off the top of my head Robert Malone & Aseem Malhotra. There's loads more that are questioning it.

Just questioning it, not dismissing it.

Also why isn't every country advocating for vaccines for 5 to 12 year olds?

My view is I'll need to be thoroughly convinced that kids

1. need it &

2. it's safe

And I have yet to be convinced of both those issues yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You have already said you haven't read the whole thread so how do you know "there actually is intelligent debate taking place on some of the pages of this thread "

What "intelligent debate" have you read that you feel it belongs in the main forum?

Well then, that's not what is being discussed here.

For example, conspiracy theorists here have claimed that the covid vaccinations as a whole have resulted in tens of thousands of deaths.

Do you believe this claim? How about the others that have been claimed on this thread in the name of "questioning" the vaccine?

My guess is that you will give a wishy washy answer that doesn't openly disagree with the claims being made by conspiracy theorists here, and you will ignore all the lies and false claims being made.

Seems to be the MO to these new posters who randomly butt in with "concerns."

No I don't believe the vaccines have caused tens of thousands of deaths. I came on here to debate their use in children.

You're now the 3rd person to make an incorrect assumption about my views. It's hard to tell in text, but it strikes me that a few of you are triggered.

I'd appreciate a proper intelligent debate about Covid vaccines for kids without it being derailed by assumptions about me being anti-vax (I'm not) or being a conspiracy theorist. It seems it's harder to have that debate than I thought.

But as we've said many anti-vaxxers have come onto this thread in a similar method to you, claiming they weren't. Only then it slips what they are doing.

So you agree that the claims being made here by conspiracy theorists have been false.

Are you claiming that there is an ulterior motive behind doctors who disagree with you and believe that the vaccines are necessary and safe for children?

Why do they, (The majority of doctors and medical organisations) want to vaccinate children if it is dangerous or unnecessary?

• Advertisement

I'd hardly call that "debunking" and I'm not referring specifically to Malone's claim of mass formation psychosis. I think he's playing that one to the audience.

Again, it's his and others disagreement with vaccinating kids that I'd like to hear more debate about.

And I'm not ignoring the rest of the medical community at all. Again, something I never said. I'm simply looking for more debate in what I believe has been a very one-sided debate in the main media.

Advertisement