Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Why do you think it may as well be the Mandolorian?

it is not similar to Mando at all that I can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

Filming started last October. We should see it later this year like previous seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭MakersMark

The series is like Star Wars meets Cobra Kai meets Blazing Saddles

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Watched it for the 2nd time with the boys, forgot to mention the mayor ... how creepy his voice is, really really well done.

God I love this SW universe, so much to expand on ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

That doesn’t make them the same show.

the plots are different, the lead character is one is a hero on a quest with an adopted child and in the other it is a guy trying to become a crime Lord

This is the first episode where I found myself becoming a little disinterested and my attention was wandering. Some pretty ropey CGI at times, starting with the B'omarr monk spider at the beginning, and the whole mod squad on their "Mos Vespa's" and the speeder chase wasn't remotely exciting. Even the fight with Black Krrsantan felt a little tame and stiff (a bit like the first episode where Fennec and Boba were surrounded by the assassin's).

A bit meh, admittedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

Enjoying it so far , similar to mando and slow build up , I agree with an earlier comment on boba , I never knew what the hype was about considering he did so little in the films, but that was the case with a lot of side characters i suppose.

Anyone else think the female sand person will be fennec ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I wasn't a fan of the new characters being all clean and shiny, including their bikes, considering they're introduced as water thieves. If they appeared poor or if we found out they were distributing the water Robin Hood style it would make more sense for Boba to like them. But as they were they looked able to afford to pay for what they want and couldn't justify stealing, even if he charges a lot. And if they don't have jobs how can they afford the upgrades but not water?

Oh and Danny Trejo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well that cool youth biker gang is straight out of the George Lucas playbook that would be slaughtered by fans if it was him who put it in the show.

I keep thinking the Mayor's assistant is Howling Mad Murdock (Dwight Schultz)

Also thinking Fennec is one of the Sand People.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3: Jeez.. something feels a bit rushed or something with this. I dunno. Maybe I'm imagining a loss of Filoni influence.

Wiki says he's involved in episode 6 so with gage from that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Boba_Fett

The series consists of seven episodes[16] all written by Jon Favreau, co-writing the sixth with Dave Filoni.

Anyway, what a cameo! Just that short appearance brought such a pressence to the episode!

I paused to check it was Danny Trejo when he appeared and wow.. that dude has a lot of work lined up for 2022!

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001803/

Also.. Sarlacc! Pet Sarlacc 😁

Let's see, aside from that, I think

Vespa gang.. I get the idea.. maybe they felt the most rushed.. though they did put in work when needed..

It might have just been better for them to have been slowly building in from episode 1 instead of shoe-horning them in here

also.. Vespas! 😁 (I must look up the name of that type of bike)

Then the poor aul Tuskens.. can't catch a break. It's partially here where I think Filoni would've probably have built a better story and a stronger bond with the Tuskens.. I dunno. I guess I can see why Boba is gonna want to fight the Pykes now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I wouldn't say Fennec is one of the sand people. She was in Bad Batch as well so she's been at this for a long time and was known as a bounty hunter when she attacked Mando.

Getting an insights into a few things with these series, such as the sand people and and rancors. Now to find out more about Jawas and how their origin is as seen in the Phantasm films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A bit of a weak episode. The Wookie Bounty Hunter seemed like he could be an interesting secondary antagonist of sorts, but the fight was a bit boring as he caught Boba in his tank and ended the episode scurrying away. Hopefully see him again for some proper action. The Hutt's deciding "Actually, you've captured our bounty hunter, so we're just going to peace out because it's not worth it" was a letdown unless they're plotting to come back again later. And the Tuskan story just... ended... ended like it was nothing. Could also have really done without the Power Rangers and their Bike-Zords too.

So yeah, definitely thought it was a weak episode, which is disappointing as I have been enjoying it up until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I thought that episode was a bit of a mess. The turf war storyline is becoming convoluted and the speeder bike gang may as well just be a bunch of Kenner toys. The swoop chase through Mos Espa is possibly the worst action sequence I have seen in a Star Wars show or film.

Fennec Shand needs to have some screen time to herself. Her scenes consist of her throwing Boba a couple of concerned looks as they stand there looking mean and moody while dealing with a situation. There has been zero character development but it's not surprising considering she's literally in Boba's shadow the whole time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

This is starting to feel like "Star Wars trying to do Game of Thrones" but not quite pulling it off. Also, I know Morrison is a Kiwi but the symbol on the armour is a bit on the nose for something set in a galaxy far far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Enjoyed the first two episodes but this introduction of Griff Tannen's Hoverboard, Loreal sponsored, street gang from Back to The Future II just pulled me straight out of the enjoyment. The chase was laughably bad.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Episode 3....bloody hell that was pretty awful. Such a disappointment as I really enjoyed episode 2. The street gang were laughable alright. Everything looks too clean or something.

Also stupid question but is Boba Fett meant to be some big crime boss? He is in this big lair...and there seems to be a grand total of 5 people in his gang...including himself and errr a robot? Or am I reading things totally wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Some moments I liked but there were some I really hated. It felt like they had several competing ideas and rather than go one direction they decided to just put them all in there and hope for the best. I really loathed the biker gang in particular. Standing up for yourself is good enough for Boba Fett to give you a job? As part of his security detail no less? Instead of sending bounty hunter assasins his enemies ought to send a bunch of mouthy youths. They'll get to the heart of his operation in no time. Giving them different colour bikes as some way to differentiate them made it feel like I was watching an episode of the Power Rangers. As mentioned above, the CGI looked proper dodgy at times as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well that was SyFy bad level - is there an actual story editor on the show or are they just throwing whatever ideas come into the writers heads in each episode

The CGI is going from bad to ridiculous

And you know when you're hiring Danny Trejo you're getting minimum budget quality stuff

Even the main lead is as interesting as watching paint dry

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Why did they not ask the wookie to join their gang? Instead they got two fat pigs.

The poor street kids with their shiny vespa speeders was ridiculous and the car chase was a bit like watching Simpsons Hit and Run on the PS2.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

But we'll get Boba riding a rancor into town in the last episode for a showdown with the mayor / hutts/someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Those bikes, christ those bikes.

What were they thinking, this is Brighton beach in the 1960's.

I really hate Disney sometimes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jaysus; I haven't even got around to episode 2, and the way episode 3 is getting a thorough shellacking doesn't make me especially eager to return to Tatoinne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

The episode was ok, but the bike chase was just so... slow! It reminded me of the Simpsons, "he's gradually getting away chief!"

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Decent enough episode, nice to see a Rancor, Danny Trejo could be an interesting character... but that bike gang .. jesus, they look like cheap Marvel characters.

They seem really out of place in the SW universe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,275 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I really enjoyed the first two episodes of this show. Last night's was OK too but not as good as the first two episodes. The bike gang I thought was very strange the bikes looked so out of place. You would have to wonder what they were thinking there. Oh its not colourful enough let's add some colour lol.

Overall O am enjoying the show do and I am suspicious of the twins gift of a Rancor to Boba Fett. I think it has been programmed or trained to kill him but I could be wrong.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,275 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Maybe because they did not think they could trust him after what he tried to do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I thought episodes 1 and 2 were average at best.

Episode 3 dropped badly in standard imho. It just seems to be going nowhere, and slowly at that. The introduction of the biker gang was a real low point.

Not sure what they are trying to portray Fett as. He is meant to be a crime lord/badass, but no sign of it so far.

I may not be the target market any more for these shows, but as a teen during the original films, Fett was such a great character. Like badder than bad, despite his brief appearances and silly exit.

This series I expected to be a bit darker, grittier than Mando, with loads more fighting and action. But it's just silly so far. Any action up to now has been badly done.

If it wasn't SW universe, I would stop watching at this point .

Advertisement