Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

Thanks. The condescension was unnecessary but get it where you can I suppose.

Are you talking about Covid vaccines only or all vaccines? Do you consider someone who will take or has taken every vaccine they're offered except for mRNA Covid vaccines to be an anti-vaxxer?

And I suppose I might as well ask if you consider someone who's against mandated vaccination to be an anti-vaxxer?

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I didn't use the cert so it'll not make any difference to me.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭bloopy

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

quick question- going to book a hotel for the other half’s birthday- what time do bars and restaurants in hotels close?

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Remind me, did they push paracetamol out to everyone across the western world, deny basic freedoms to people who wouldnt take it, when it was still in phase IV?

Can you name any other drug where that happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

its also looking extremely dodgy for some huge outdoor gigs in republic of ireland for april. ed sheeran in dublin and cork with 70,000 in croker and 50,000 in Pairc ui caoimh for 23 April, thats getting close considering we are seeing absolutely zero end to retrictions before feb 1st at the earliest. its going to take a big jump to go from 5,000 to 60,000 in 10 weeks? or will they get us out of restrictions quicker before the winter lockdown on november 1st this autumn?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Not entirely sure how I was being condescending, you asked a question and you got an answer, looks like you didn't understand the answer and need to ask more questions so I'll endeavor to answer them all to save you having to Google things

It's COVID vaccines - but remember there is a crossover between people who are anti COVID vaccines and anti other vaccines

No - although it's obviously possible for anti vaxers to take a jab

Somebody against mandated vaccination is not always against vaccination in general but I find the opposite is true and that anti vaxers are generally against mandated vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The sexy events will happen. Concerts, GAA, maybe even the backend of the 6 Nations. "Hey guys, look, everything is back to normal. You are free again"*

*terms & conditions apply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

whats the unsexy events? cant sit at a bar in a pub with 10 people? no pubs after 11:30? no nightclubs? but 60,000 crowd ok

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Guess what, I don’t disagree with you on that. I’ve officially complained to the EU. Have you?

i don’t care if you take it or not, but a lot of the brain dead anti vaxers are just making it easier for restrictions like this to come in. It’s easy for Leo and Martin to put the full blame on them instead of their years of mismanagement of the health system.

i also believe in personal responsibility, if you don’t take the vaccine and end up in hospital, then you should pay in full for it, not leaving it for the taxpayer to sort out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

Not entirely sure how I was being condescending, you asked a question and you got an answer, looks like you didn't understand the answer and need to ask more questions so I'll endeavor to answer them all to save you having to Google things

Were you trying to be funny or is this just obliviousness?

Funny, either way.

Here's the questions I asked that you didn't answer. Can't Google Red Silurian from Boards dot ie's opinions, as far as I know.

Do you consider someone who will take or has taken every vaccine they're offered except for mRNA Covid vaccines to be an anti-vaxxer?

Do you consider someone who's against mandated vaccination to be an anti-vaxxer?

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Where do you draw the line on personal responsibility when it comes to the state covering your healthcare costs may I ask?

Any other treatments you deem conditional upon a moral adjudication of someone's personal responsibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Barrita

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It’s really hard to say.

NPHET head cases love the control they have over the population. Need to stay relevant. Celebrity status, huge Twitter followers, and book deals to come.

Spineless government.

Opposition even worse.

Huge percentage of the population hanging on every word from Saint Tony & Co. like the old days with the Stockholmers waiting on how to live their lives from McQuaid.

On the other side to all that is that it’s not 12 months ago, numbers vaccinated are off the scales compared to most other EU states.

Option to leave future generations in debt even more is running out.

Positive news story events. Remember last year when they had those sham concerts in sheep pens, and the NPHET Media were giving it the large one about how great it was and did vox-pops with concert goes about how super it was and how positive it was.

Those dastardly, binge drinking orgies that are night clubs will be kept closed until the early summer. Limited capacity of course and Covid passes. Maybe even anti-gen tests before entry. RTE will be reporting, they'll be interviewing lots of people to say how positive it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Nobody knows, save to say that the anti-alcohol advocate in charge of the country will certainly be in no rush to allow the commoners to have a drink any time soon.

At least you can console yourself with the knowledge that this measure is doing nothing to protect anybody, and that while you sat at home with no life the Omicron virus continued to spread at will throughout the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Penfailed

...even though the commoners can have a drink any time they want. Makes sense.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Quags

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

After Mm saying he is against it, but I'm sure he'll follow the recommendation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

This suggested mandatory vaccination is imo a step way too far. We have over 90% of the adult population vaccinated and that's not enough for Tony and his yes men.

Is it just for covid or will nphet want mandatory vaccine for the flu?

We all know MM is too weak to stand up to nphet so this could be mandated. We might need a supreme court ruling to put manners on nphet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭bloopy

WTF.

This cannot be allowed.

Why are they pushing this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

They won't, it's just scaremongering journalism.

I nearly hope they try to bring it in. It would be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭Gusser09

The couple of days after the vaccine are horrific. Nasty side effects. I'd hope that any further boosters after the 3rd jab are optional. Whoever wants it can get it. If you dont want it then dont get it. Simple as that. You'd imagine with omicron being so mild that government could life all restrictions now. But they wont. Open pubs fully in January when they are still quiet after christmas makes sense to me. The pro restriction people can stay hidden under their beds if they want. These constant attacks on our liberties are not helping fight the spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No chance. The Irish have already shown that they will do what they are told, and will happily sit there while their liberties are stripped away one by one.

Especially with the high voluntary vaccination rate, so many people will think that this doesn't really affect them and so won't bother to raise an outcry. It only affects those dirty unvaccinated will be the narrative.

The fact that there is already huge government overreach in front of their very faces didn't stir the Irish, neither will this.

And yes I suspect it will happen, and thought so before any media reports today. And then all those who said it will never happen will pivot to explaining why it needed to happen, same as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

Co-worker just told me that they got the booster over the weekend. I asked why they got it....

"I don't know, the queue was short I guess"

We're never getting out of this shite with attitudes like that 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

What are they expecting to achieve with 100% vaccinated? It won't defeat the virus, it won't prevent transmission, people that are vulnerable will keep being vulnerable, but hey, does that mean every single restriction that was imposed with this theatre, from mask to covid pass, will be lifted? My two cents....

Folks, any extreme measure you are seeing in the EU is coming our way.

Also remember, non-vaccinated means non boostered. If it becomes mandatory, it also includes not getting your Booster 1, Booster 2, Booster 10. It will remain until theres even a slight variant of Covid 19 around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭facehugger99

All those civil liberties and enshrined constitutional rights you thought you had were actually bullshit all along, dependent on the whims of an unelected bureaucrat. If you were hoping the politicians and president would step in - sorry 'bout that.

Holihan is on a crusade to rehabilitate his professional and personal reputation - the man who saved us from Covid.

If he has to burn the country to the ground to achieve his aims then by God he'll do it.

He's being enabled by a generation of the most cowardly and craven politicians the State has produced and cheered wildly by an electorate high off the 24/7 hysteria being pumped out by the State broadcaster and other media outlets.

They'll probably build a statue of him or elect him president at the end of this.

Meehole, Leo et al, can all sail off with gold-plated pensions and pick up work on the Euro gravy train after they had over power to the Shinners, -God help us all!

What a depressing shithole this country has turned into.

Advertisement