Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Fingers crossed for you!

Hopefully it will be indeed dropped from midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I'm not sure it needed attention being brought to it for it to be implemented.

It had been said before Christmas that the certs would be reissued in January then the EU came out with the booster requirment so either way it was getting done, just a case of when in January

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Flying out tomorrow and back here on Tuesday next week, great timing for the dropping of a negative test to get back in.

Seemed like a money making scheme for the last week or so.

Also saves that dread I would get a positive and have to go through the hassle of a extended stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Delighted for ya flubber and for anyone else travelling. I was stuck paying for them last week but it was a small price to pay to get off this rock for a while. Enjoy your trip and long live travel!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

"long live travel" 100% agree with you, the year is looking better and better!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

Looks like you got your two wishes sorted today 😉 - pre-arrival testing dropped and boosters are to be added to the Covid cert by 15th of Jan. I think it was an EU requirement to have all certs updated by that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Long live the EU by the sounds of things too.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Major Dad

It's great news really - just removes another hassle of travelling. My wife and I nipped over to North Wales for New Year to see her family and I had paid for a couple of self-administered tests to be verified by a medical company. Certificate looked completely kosher but of course, when I arrived back into Dublin Port from Holyhead, no documentation was checked. Still, nice not to have to worry about it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Yet states have had them before the new year??

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

Other countries have been releasing them right after booster vac.

Until recently there was no clear guidance from the Irish gov.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,242 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Great news on the antigen/pcr tests not being needed anymore entering Ireland.

Quite surprised they have been scrapped so soon, I emailed local TD and got a reply only yesterday telling me it could by the end of the month so nice to see it's gone.

Booked a trip away for 2 weeks time so no more worrying about tests and wasting money on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭vegandinner

Maybe I heard wrong, but there was a guy on the radio saying they all be done on or before the 15th. Infact the first batch would go live at midnight tonight. And if all went well they roll it out over the next few days.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Has anyone found anything about them being dropped officially online yet? I’ve found news reports but in true civil service style webpage last updated 23rd December and references needed a test still.

eta - aerlingus have confirmed it on their Twitter this morning so it’s covered now if anyone needs it! Woohoo

Post edited by pc7 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭amber2

Not too sure if has already been said but if you just received 2 shots and have not had the booster just yet, your Covid cert will expire 9 months after your second dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

AND I must have been one of the first - they definitely heard my whinging. Because an email came in with the updated Cert today.

My Mum got her updated cert this evening.

I was vaccinated abroad (Irish citizen) and while the information I sent showed I've had the booster, the cert only lists 2 doses. So wondering if I'll have to reapply. I originally applied for the cert at the beginning of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mj90

Is it just a matter of doing the antigen test 2 days before your depature date and bringing the test with you as you go through Dublin and Tenerife airports? Is it that straightforward? It doesn't give the exact procedure anywhere online so I'm presuming its that straightforward?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭anplaya27

Recieved updated 3/3 digital vaccination cert via email this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

Has anyone departed from Dublin Airport this week?

I'm just trying to gauge how bad the wait is at security at the moment ahead of a trip this weekend. I would guess passenger numbers are down from Christmas levels but they probably have the same level of staffing challenges...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

You don't need a test to enter Tenerife (assuming you're vaccinated) and since yesterday you don't need a test to return to Ireland, (again assuming you're vaccinated.)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 zefirki

Flew out on New Years day with KLM via amsterdam to other EU country.And returned back to cork 3 days later.Nobody ever asked me for any Vaccination cert or test(needed for my final destionation).When landed at my destination ,same there(just passport).they assume airline checks I think.Same was on return journey.I never tok out my Covid docs out of my bag to show anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

@zefirki I think it depends how lax or strict your local check-in agent is. I also flew via Amsterdam with KLM (to France) and had the opposite experience to you...every last document was checked on return (plf form, vaccination cert, antigen test etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,911 ✭✭✭✭josip

Same here with KLM via Amsterdam to a non-EU country. KLM check in at Dublin was terrible on the 27th, some people in the queue for an hour and a half weren't checked in when they closed check-in for our flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Does anyone have any idea about the following...I know noone can tell the future especially right now but do people think countries will be in covid cert for travel for children under 12 this summer?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I hope not, I’d be leaving to a ‘no need’ as some EU countries only recommend it for 5-11 if underlying issues, not for health kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

I'm just wondering as we don't plan to vaccinate our kids but do plan on travelling this year. Both myself and my husband have tested positive for covid this week but kids haven't caught it from us (yet as we are waiting for their 10 PCR) so I don't really see the point!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cannonballTaffyOjones

After Ireland and UK dropped some testing requirment for vaccinated travellers I expected other countries in Europe to do so too ... sadly doesn't seem to be the case, in fact some are bringing more border control in.

And this is the reaction to a much milder version, this is crazy ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Spain is currently preparing the next phase of covid planning. The PM said it’s about treating covid as “endemic or a flu”.

my region, Valencia, opted to weather the Omicron surge and not introduce restrictions on hospitality. Looks like it paid off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cannonballTaffyOjones

Advertisement