Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

Are they the lads MM/PM with loads of John Deeres and also cut a fair bit of silage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tileman

Only watched the keanes after the recommendation above. Very good vlogs. Lovely couple. Great to see them both pulling in the one direction. Lovely team. Really educational and honest videos.

pity they stopped videoing the development of the farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Did you not think he made a right balls of that one?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I only started watching Ifarm Wefarm videos in the last couple of months when one of his videos popped up on youtube. It was the one when he was feeding a round baled of silage that had been contaminated with clay and the cows were reluctant to eat it - I posted a commend here at the time about the dangers of Listeriosis when feeding contaminated pit/baled silage.

I've read some negative comments that were posted here in the past and I can't understand why. He seems to be a real genuine sorta a guy. I particularly enjoyed today's video where he gave the background history to the farm and the improvements he has made over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

I watch 3 farming YouTube channels; started watching Farmer Phil first & more recently I've discovered IFarmWeFarm & Finnegans Farm. All interesting stuff for a country man from a farming background like myself. Finnegan's Farm is another level certainly, Premier League stuff. That being said I tune into Grassmen the odd time... some serious kit & farm setups on show there. Not sure if you'd call Evenflow a farming channel per se... I do tune in for the craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tileman

Yea I farm we farm we very good today. Allot of effort to produce it to that standard. He has made great progress inf airness to him over past 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭cjpm

Yeah. Finnegan’s is unreal. The next time I’m scratching my head wondering WTF is wrong with the tractor I’ll be sorry I don’t have a gang of full time mechanics to fix it like they do. Fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

I only discovered IFarmWeFarm a few months ago and I have to say I'm impressed with his setup. A tidy operator, no rooting going on there. One of his video stuck out a while back where he was explaining about running a small holding and the money in it... it was also great to hear of the example he is trying to give his kids... something I could identify with growing up on a farm in the country. The dream maybe if a bit of land comes up somewhere close to Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kk.man

Ifarm was brilliant today some progress that started small and full of positively. Hats off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Agree, just watching it here now,keep her simple Adrian, personally prefer these kinds of videos & less of the machinery aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kk.man

Just after watching a few episodes of EVENFLOW I'm in pain laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Stopped watching after a few minutes of last video, not sure what anyone sees in it.

Check out "The Wall", if that doesn't do it for ya, Evenflow isn't for you

I think it's great Adrian won't knock the machinery shed his Dad built. On the farm here, Dad put up a shed in the late 80's that's I'm spending a small fortune on fixing up. I wonder sometimes about lads always wanting to knock things, can't seem to get out of their own way with efficiency and "progress". Fair play Adrian, that's a great little part of the farm and your family's history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Finnegan's did 2 videos lately.

1 around Christmas day. All the Case Steyr and Manitou in the place.

2 around new years, all the Deeres (and 1 Fastrac)

Amazing amount of gear. Although several of the older Deeres are for show essentially.

Boys went Case back when the 20 and 30 series Deeres were out. Mid Louth did well out of that shift. But I see 2 175R Deeres about again.

Didn't even include the combines (bar one Case), self propelled potato harvesters or the 2 RR velars the 2 brothers have that regularly tow bowsers and trailers. Think they've a self propelled forage harvester about too. Few forklifts, Hilux, discovery.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Great to see a "normal" type farming setup.

Where people reused and adapted materials to get what they wanted with the money they had.

A change from the recent phenomenon of young lads featuring in reports detailing how they are now milking 120 cows in a brand new farmyard that has cost €320,000.....

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭leoch

Is the lads on finnegans farm father and son

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Yes.

The father in the videos has a brother Joe.

Not in any videos I watched.

The lad filming has few brothers/sisters/cousins, in the videos, don't know any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Really enjoyed yesterday's video @IFarmWeFarm7615

Great insight into how it developed and fantastic progress over recent years in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Ifarm Wefarm last video really drove home for me, how much emotional investment (if that's the right term) you can put into a place.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Loved the temporary milking parlour,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭straight

To me, Adrian is representative of the traditional family farm. The dairy heroes being promoted by vested interests are different from the farms I know around home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭straight

Blood, sweat and tears is no exaggeration. Few broken bones usually too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I wonder have we lost @IFarmWeFarm7615. Hopefully he is lurking and sees the positive posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

TBH i think his videos have improved since he read the few posts on here. Not sure if that's related but have really enjoyed the past few videos.

I would think the time waiting for the grant before he got the bridging loan was a stressful time. Fair play for mentioning the warts and all aspect of his expansion. Some predicament to find yourself in!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭IFarmWeFarm7615

The cling film sticks itself to the grass creating an air tight seal. You still need your black cover to go on top and protect it. I think even just the cling seal on its own makes all the difference, lots of people do comment on the same results after using it. it’s supposed to be quite cheap too. Alan’s system does look quite good. Some people mentioning using water mattresses too. Great that there seems to be lots of different techniques around.

It’s great to see that people enjoyed yesterday video, I didn’t think it would get the response it did as we weren’t really doing any work 😜 just me raving on as usually. It’s probably down to the fact that people can see similarities between our farm and there’s. Hopefully young lads can take something from it that might help them in the future. It was enjoyable to make this one as I got to reminisce on old times, often getting side tracked!!

Hopefully when my dad is feeling a bit better he might join me on a video soon. Cheers everyone 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I've just watched @IFarmWeFarm7615 latest video. No doubt about it, it's brilliant. I was totally engrossed in it for the half hour or whatever length it took. Fantastic to hear about the history, the little stories about it all. It brings a place to life. You can relate to it so much more. Excellent work. 10/10. Bualadh bos

Advertisement