Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January 2022

• 10-01-2022 5:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Have you taken on a pact of sobriety, stopped eating bread, gonna lay off the class As, going meat free, taken on some fitness goals ...

What is keeping you going this January 🤔

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭HBC08

Dry January and covid.

I usually do dry January but just couldn't last year with everything closed and peak depression so I drank through and did March instead.Covid last week added another curve ball,either continue with dry January or kill covid with whiskey.I went for the latter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Yourself, OP?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Cut out booze for the month and meat so far 😁 Bread too and took on some extra exercise so it's an improvement (compared to a very boozy inactive takeaway fuelled December)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,604 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah I'm doing dry January this year. I've done it the last few years and I've found it good. Last year dry January lasted up to mid April. Lockdown meant I wasn't going anywhere so it was easy to stay off the booze.

I'm also doing the keto diet which I've found useful to lose a few kg. And I did a few gym classes on YouTube over the last 4 weeks over Christmas but I'm going back to my routine of spin and body pump classes. Need to ease myself back Into that to avoid injury

I was enjoying the vape over Christmas too so knocking that on the head too.

First couple of days of a new habit are always hard but it's good to make these habits and start the year on a good footing - well, I got back from Christmas holidays this weekend so starting the month from then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Advertisement

Thanks!

It's really getting back into the old routine but the routine sometimes goes to shyte towards the end of the year. The cold days and early nights make it easier to stay in and let some good habits slip. I didn't worry too much about it over the Christmas holidays as I had resolved to get back into good habits in January. It's only a few days into the new routine but I've a spin class in an hour. First one in nearly a month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I never do dry January- i always drink New Year’s Day

Oh, same as that. I would consider new years day to be part of the holiday. So I'd always start when the holiday is over. Much easier not to start on a difficult day like new years day.

Tend to go meat free in January. Not for ethical or health reasons. More because the sheer quantity of meat we consume in December tends to make us want a long break.

We obtain and keep our own geese for Christmas during the year so by the time its slaughtered and prepared and added to all the other meat that comes our way - we tend to come out of December not wanting to eat anything that once moved under it's own volition before.

Mushroom and parmesan omelette anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭HBC08

Goes without saying it doesn't include new years day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement