Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Whatever the patch is they need to roll that **** back asap. Every dickhead I meet is doing the constant long through ball and running onto it. Boring as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

I'm one of those players with a few icons, don't tar us all with the same brush 🤣.

In fairness, using icons, unless they are the big guns, is basically a handicap. I have mid giggs left wing now and mid nesta in the back and I'd he better off with a vini Jr and kimpembe but where's the fun in being like everyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Finished with 7 wins in a row to finished ranked 6th again, should have been better, but i'll take it after yesterdays sh*tshow,

Red pick 1: Bowen 82, Weimann 78, Aspas 87, Stewart 75

Red pick 2: Bowen 82, Weimann 78, Moutinho 83, Stewart 75.

I mean, seriously, whats the points playing 20 miserable games for that

Edit: its gets better, TOTW pick, 81 Mooy, Goodwin 79 and WEIMANN AGAIN 78

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

That new Fofana Headliners card is disgusting! If he is fairly priced I may need to recruit him and Headliners Clauss.

Edit: He is extinct at 1.1 million 😔

Awesome. He might drive Guendozi’s card down. I bought him for 121k and sold for 190k. Great card though.

edit: urgh he’s at 198k now.

• Advertisement

Just played a rivals match to get trent back after a red card in WL and in the 1 game, my opponent used that 4 times, i didnt care as i have my 7 wins but its definitely back, im taking a break til thursday as i can see drop back defenses back to from now on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Red picks

86 Pique

83 Moutinho

84 Banega

i just started using the latest 4231 tactics from neals and brought back in Silva as I never used his card really.

5 goals in his first game at CAM, while I brought on rttk Sane at 60 mins in both matches and he scored a hattrick in each as well.

I've a mill to spend, was saving for Puskas but with Silva and Alexandrini already in the team don't need another left footer.

baby eto is supposed to be fantastic though. Auzio packed him and has been raving about him in this WL.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The thing with Icons is that most of them are actually rubbish so there is nothing to fear. It's easy to see the white cards and get yourself into the wrong mindset but in reality there's only a small subset of Icon cards that will really be a problem.

I agree, its why i never bother saving icon swaps, but theres just something about them when ya see them, you think oooh he's got 5 or so icons, well this guy is gonna be good, but he's not and then emphasises the point by quitting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Extremely tempted to do that Ziyech Moments Card. His Moments card from FIFA 20 was my favourite card in the game, used to bring him on at 60 minutes every game and he'd just bang in top corner finesses for fun. 2* WF is putting me off but e has the outside the foot trait to counter act.

Is there a Torres sbc on the way, probably wont have the players to do it now but he is the only player i'd swap Van Basten for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Yup, his prime card will drop as an SBC, perhaps even as early as tonight according to the usual leakers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Any word who the other cards are?

id kill for some good icon defenders….

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh, leaks of a new Mid Icon SBc tonight too.

So glad I stocked up on my Ifs again. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

upgrade SBC should send gold rares up again right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I will completely rinse my club for Prime Torres, I’ll even buy a few packs if I really must but no matter what he costs, he’s getting done.

I’ve been using his Mid for a good while now and he’s incredible, I can only dream of what his Prime is like. Question is when should I sell his Mid? Will he keep dropping once the Prime SBC is out or should I hold off yet?

Its unlikely i'll be able to get Torres, i have roughly 300k in coins, and he might cost slightly more then that 😂

Has anyone any decent formations they've been using lately?

I tried out 4321 at the weekend and it just didn't work for me, I loved it last year and started off this year using it but it doesn't work for me.

I end most games with about 200 passes and most of the possession but always struggling to break down defences and then I keep getting caught with through balls and counters then having to push all out attack and getting hammered in games where I feel I'm better than my opponent.

I have Best up front at the minute but he can't pass the ball and is far too weak. I tried a chem style to sort out the passing but then he was too slow. He's lethal on his right foot but has a terrible 4* WF. POTM Vini Jr is hit and miss, I feel like one game he's unstoppable, and everything I do is so responsive and then the next game his sprint boost doesn't work and he turns like a bus.

Struggled to get my 11 wins this weekend.

• Advertisement

i think im going to sell up and go for this, im only playing for fun anyway so why not

Pool PnP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

3-5-2's probably become even more useful lately as the majority of people are playing 4-1-2-1-2 narrow. The avenue from CB's out to a wide player and into the 2 strikers allows a way to bypass the narrow midfield. Don't worry about having a full back as one of your outer center halves, its actually better if anything.

I hate when I see a 4-2-3-1, i know it'll be a drab struggle of a game. I tend to change to an attacking version of the 41212 mentioned above in that case and just try and blitz them. I use it rarely enough though as hate going along with the crowd

i played a 3421 in WL and did ok, you always have a wide out ball as well.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

4-1-2-1-2 (2) is what I use. It's very attacking, you can find yourself caught out if you lose the ball in midfield.

I bought Baby Ronaldo last week.. same as every other striker his strike rate is similar.

Di Natale, Keane, Ronaldo... Doesn't matter the strike/assist ratio is always the same.

Might just sell him as it's a waste of 1.5million, I have Daka/Silva/Keita/Etebo so one was being left out as is.

I could try Zidane as I had been a bit shy which is why I went for Ronaldo. Sometimes the best option is to just sink it into SBCs so you just don't have the coins as I just see very little benefit upgrading most players now in terms of raw numbers anyway.

I already swapped Pogba(felt fine but only 3 assists in like 20) for Ronaldo and lost like 80k in tax and depreciation so buying players this dear you'd really want ones that you hold onto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I just have 442 & 4312 set up as my options and switch between them depending on whether I can break a team down or not. Managed to get 15 wins this weekend doing that which is the best I've gotten.

Dunno how people use 4231, every time I play against someone using it I can tell within 20 minutes because the game is a total deadlock with no chances for either team, incredibly dull.

What tactics do you use on the 442? Anytime I come up against this formation it's always from a top player.

I changed my tactics yesterday to balance, balance and more balance, big improvement from saturday, but that was more the game then me, changed formation to 433 (2) after using 532 and 5212 all season, now i see videos popping up saying 5212 could be the new "meta"

i think the reality is, for most of us, the extra tiny percentages you get from having a top tier player arent worth it,

realistically is anyone going to be better (in my hands anyway) than gold neymar and messi? nope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm running 3-5-2. The last few years I was always 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 but don't find them as good this year. Also seem everybody uses 4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-1 or 4-1-2-1-2 narrow so 3-5-2 is the best way to counter any of those. Again I just play to have fun with cards I like. I could easily upgrade Antonio / Mahrez etc but I just enjoy playing with them. I always find Mahrez one of the cards that best suits my play style so good chance I will do Moments Ziyech. Have tried replacing one of James/Manquillo with WW Soyuncu but there's zero difference so waste of coins. Will prob throw VVD in eventually.

Advertisement