Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I responded to every one of them. You were wrong. Any chance you could respond to my latest question instead of the continuing ad hominem for 'thanks'?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Simple remedie for the taste issue came across from India last year, should be easy to find online, as AFAK Boards.ie don't allow mention anything without a pharma patent,

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

Whether you like it or not, and whether you intend it or not, a majority of regular posters in this thread read the full body of your posts as meaning that because you personally do not feel restricted, nobody is restricted. You can hop across the border for a 10pm pint, you can hop across the border for gigs, you have found that your local doesn't ask for a covid cert, and you have no desire to go to any other venues, so you're grand. Therefore the restrictions are no big deal.

I'd sum your posts up as "It doesn't affect me so NBD" sprinkled with the occasional "I never said it doesn't affect me so NBD!"

Again, that might not be the message you mean to convey but that's certainly the impression I (and evidently a good few other posters) have of your intention.

If you're sick of being accused of that and feel it's unfair, I would start with evaluating why that's the impression you've managed to give to so many.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

Well, just to clear it up for once and for all, I think the current restrictions are a joke and should be done away with, along with NPHET and the covid pass. I don't think I can spell it out any better than that. Hope that helps everyone's comprehension.

I had to Google 'NBD'...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

The taste issue isn't as bad as the lack of smell. I can only smell really strong smells. I also get phantom smells that only I can smell. Also, there are things that I know what they should smell like but I'm getting a completely new smell from. It's one fúcked up virus, that's for sure.

• Advertisement

No, its being a nutcase that causes people to do this

Ireland have not had 3,500 deaths since Dec 1st. Vaccination useless of course

• Registered Users Posts: 38,260 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

And you would expect so much more from the irish mirror.

Now you're beginning to get it. It's funny that the article shows a glimmer of hope. Usually you would post a negative comment below a link saying 'oh noes, we're never getting out of this', but because this is slightly positive, it's only speculation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Russman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,846 ✭✭✭growleaves

With everyone in the country getting Omicron, and almost everyone in the country vacc'd, it will be interesting to hear what the justification for restrictions is next. Or do they even need justification anymore other than the vague feeling that not having them is incautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭francogarbanzo

Remember everyone: This is about avoiding healthcare collapse. Until we see that that's actually completely avoidable. Then feel free to switch to it being about total number of deaths. Just be as slippery as possible.

Anyway, I don't see your point. We basically have double the vaccination uptake and half the deaths per million since this started. It all tracks. My point was not about vaccines, it was about things being back to normal in places outside of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Can we hire this lad instead of Tony and Paul?

Mass Covid testing and vaccination should be ended for all but the most vulnerable after the booster campaign has been completed, the former chairman of Britain’s vaccine taskforce has said.

Dr Clive Dix has called for an overhaul of the current British government strategy in the coming months, claiming the impact of cellular immunity on fighting the virus may have been downplayed.

Covid should instead be treated like flu or a heavy cold among younger people who have been fully jabbed, the former vaccines chief said.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/world/end-mass-testing-and-vaccinations-after-boosters-says-former-uk-vaccine-chief-1239902.html

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭foxsake

the recent lead up tp today is interesting.

I had assumed the twisting of stats to suit the narrative of the unvaxxed were clogging up the system were just to browbeat the remaining un-vaccinated into taking the jab. They never tell you who in ICU - all 89 people out of 5million.. can't take the vaccine and those who chose not to take it. funny that - just lump them all in to suit their line.

Remember Leo's recent story of people being quizzed by doctors and nurses (while in ICU - presumably while in a heap - it is ICU after all) if they had regrets about not taking the vaccine beat peak enda kenny and his man with 2 pints story. Imagine a fella on deaths door being interrogated on his life choices by hospital staff .. laughable. But the media (paid off cheerleaders) failed to question the veracity or motive of this "story".

It was all a concerted effort by government parties and NPHET to float the mandatory vaccination idea . This makes sense as in keeping with our "best in class" attitude to the EU our leaders would never do anything but follow Germanys lead. feel a bit silly that i missed it tbh

Well here we are - for a mild weak **** virus - that is really only a danger to the very old.

The risk is the future health of our nation and our descendants. A Dail majority vote and it's vaccine after vaccine....whether it's warranted or safe or whatever.

This needs to be fought with maximum ferociously 

I'd love more details on "This needs to be fought with maximum ferociously".

I'll start with protest ,angry emails supporting a court challenge . and take it from there.

if you wanted some burn the house down or hang them all - bluster , sorry to disappoint.

Well keep us updated on your progress! Godspeed.

I will . but unlikely to offend the boards mods by posting open sedition.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,719 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'm pro vaccine always have been but if they make vaccines mandatory I'll never vote for those in government ever again .

No matter what my beliefs are my fellow country man & women are also entitled to there own ,

It'll be a very dark day for this country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

No and no

Although in fairness there's plenty of crossover between the camps

What makes you think people will refuse fourth, fifth and sixth boosters? The uptake of the initial round and first booster would suggest other boosters won't be refused like you suggest

Has there ever been mandatory vaccines in Ireland before? Heard it said on radio today that there was, but can't find anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I don't know about that....

The initial 2 were sold as the way back to normality. That's what drove uptake there

The booster/third was to protect against delta

What's the next one for? Omicron? Dose of the sniffles?

Also, the fear is gone. Everyone knows someone who has had it at this stage and in the overwhelming majority of cases it's been an inconvenience at best. I've heard of people who've felt sicker after the vaccine for a few days.

You mean you'd vote for them if there was an election tomorrow?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Healthcare workers are required to have mandatory vaccinations depending on their role.

Don't know if there has ever been a mandatory vaccination for all type effort

Can't see it happening either tbh

I'd be one of those who had a far worse reaction to the 3 doses than I did to the virus, which I'm guessing is omicron from the symptoms I had. Which is the point of vaccines isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I don't share your mindset nor a need to comment on posters who disagree with you. It has not been discussed and even if it had it would have to be agreed by government parties in advance of moving on to publication. Straight off FG would be a No on it. NPHET are not qualified in any way to comment on the legal aspects of it. As for the move this looks like the work of Donnelly, so very little in that.

So schools in large parts of Ohio remained closed after Christmas, masks are still required, but you could get a drink at 11pm so 100% normal.

And we have 50% higher vaccine uptake no double, and 20% of the deaths per million since Omicron emerged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I have indeed and in that time I've struggled to help posters get some very fundamental grasp on the political system and how legislation is written. Some sadly remain utterly clueless. NHPET have absolutely no remit for input into general legislation, none. Apart from whatever angry notions are is in your head you don't have a single shred of evidence this will happen.

Advertisement