Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,331 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

BBC NI viewers are spared that tonight, but no doubt it'll crop up again - like herpes

I'm a few minutes behind on the recording, now we have Brian D'Arcy on with his empty platitudes...

Scrap the cap!

• Highly intelligent and eloquent man with dementia there; wish I had his IQ and power of communication, but not the suffering of his disease.

• I’ve witnessed a motor neurone disease death, I can assure anyone it is extremely peaceful.

• MND is already actively managed in hospices. It’s just not discussed in case it’s misconstrued. MND death results from inability to breath sufficiently to maintain life. If at any moment any kind of distress is experienced as a result of lower oxygen and this is known not to be the result of a temporary infection then sedation is administered which renders the patient first sleepy and peaceful, then unconscious, and death intervenes very serenely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Women be like

'' I broke a nail, kill me now !!''

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

The problem with assisted dying is the assisted bit.

It other news today a nasty individual was convicted of assisting another towards the end of his life. He was convicted of murder.

It is hard to draw the line between the volunteer choosing that they want to end their life, and someone choosing to do it for them.

Earlier, RTE had a programme about a man who murdered his wife and child, and now euthanasia. Who makes this schedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Paddy Cole is just there for the worm burger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Liveline has its topic now for the next week plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,331 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Can't imagine the months leading up to it are, however

Scrap the cap!

• Tearful, but thankfully not physically painful. Filled with a hell of a lot of love, more love than most people experience in a lifetime.

• Advertisement

• Huge question. All I can assure anyone facing MND death is that it will be pretty much be 100% peaceful and I don’t say this lightly .

The end in MND is clear-cut, people don’t make temporary or partial improvements at any stage of the disease, it’s progressively downhill. There may be a bit of a temporary blip with a bacterial infection but this has to be judged against an overall progressive decline. 😢

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

MND is probably the hardest diagnosis to take in.

It is the hardest case of hard cases when considering the future, and the terminal nature of MND. With other diagnosis there can be hope of a cure or respite. I am very sorry for those who get the diagnosis and their family that will support them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

This thread spares me the indignity of having to sit down and watch her show.

Thank fudge for that.

As for why Claire Byrne was discussing End of Life... it's probably to do with her dad's passing. Now, I'm not in anyway, shape, or form, make fun of that. Losing a loved one is a horrible thing to go through. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It's worse if it's sudden (tragic accident, a heart attack, a suicide, a murder etc). So I'm not making any jokes.

That said, it's not really the most appropriate thing to discuss around the holidays. It somewhat takes away the seriousness and becomes a parody.

I'd sooner discuss the rise in homelessness. But then again, you'd get the Glen Hansard's of the country involved in that. (As in protest, sing a song, pretend to care... then after the 25th it's all 'well tough if you're homeless-I've an album to promote!!!').

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Apparently a couple of eejits getting into a barrel of freezing water is the highlight of tonights show 🙄

M

Glad there's not important issues to be discussed in the country today, lol.

This is the issue for "trust the experts".

Experts can have differing view. This expert is saying he has concerns over the safety of the covid anti viral pill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I don't understand what type of audience they are targeting with this type of gimmick. The type of person who follows current affairs/politics but who also likes watching RTE staff members jumping into a barrel of ice for a manufactured viral moment. I assume as always the target market is the people who never ever ever ever ever change the channel.

M

Does anyone want to sell us some magic beans for €90 million?

Just seen who's jumping into the ice...Keith Barry and Emer O'Neil, two doses.

Emer O'Neill has been given a presenting gig on RTE because she ticks a box but she's absolutely shocking in the job. Always say "like" at the end of the sentences like...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Another salon owner on Hair Byrne! We truly are in the halcyon days of Irish broadcasting!

• Advertisement

Just shows what a mockery the rules have been when they're going to scrap close contact rules because people aren't going into work. Either it's safe now to scrap it and it was a scam all along or close contacts isolating is correct and scrapping it is unsafe.

M

I can't understand a differing approach to being boosted or not as to when you can go back in to general population, it's been proven it spreads whether vaccinated or not.

M

Seemless video editing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

Can't believe they showed that video

Hahaha rot in hell Jake ya dead bastard!

M

If only each of the cars in the video had a unique identifier on them where the owner could be traced from, if only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

What was even the point of that segment

M

Would Keith Barry be just randomly hanging around RTE studios?

Keith's 'career' must be on the wane, when he's reduced to this 😂 Must be too lame to get on the LLS even 😃

• Advertisement

What are the odds Keiths is warm and pretends he's controlled his mind or something.

Advertisement