Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

Normally I take today off because it is Joe's first day back and I am in withdrawal after the long Christmas break so to speak.

I have many questions

First, was Joe back?

Second, how is he? He okay?

Third, on a scale from a trillion to a gazillion, how awesome was the show?

I will listen back soon, but please brace me by answering these urgent questions.

• He’s ok, back today.

I’m nursing a massive fever of 104, antigen negative but I think I could have bacterial pneumonia. Time to put my fecking hospital bag in order, have been in fine fettle for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Skip to the last 5 minutes , that's about all that's worth listening to Cawlur.

He is Back

Less flatulent than normal, almost lifeless (his favourite feeling so to speak) 😁

On the Awesome scaleometer, it was limp , the last five minutes will either, Shock, Bemuse or horrify you, the rest likely to bore you to death .

Enjoy 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

O Dear, I thought you were quite on the dispatches today 😳 104 temp a little alarming . Have you contacted GP , friend, family etc

• Advertisement

• Have alerted family, might have to very reluctantly call an ambulance in the morning, too many unwell at night. I absolutely loathe hospitals. Never had a headache like it, limbs shaking with the cold & fever, you know the way you get when it’s bad.

• St Joseph might keep me sane over next few days, weird to say. But I want Gold to distract, dja hear, Joseph?

I'm so sorry , I actually drove myself to hospital (foolishly) last November. And yes I know from recent experience but hospital was my only option.

As long as you've someone close notified but don't delay in calling ambulance.

I think after the last Beer Hoarder call , there'll be outraged people lining up to get onto Joe tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 82,650 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Let he who is without cans cast the first stone.

• Advertisement

🤣🤣🤣🤣 hell hath no fury like a beer drinker scourned 😁

No actually, I panicked after 3 days , not knowing were I was , checked with hospital admin and amazingly the max charge at Tullamore Hospital is €10 , basically it covers those visiting a lot or people like me admitted. I had almost 8 days with car in hospital car park and it only cost me €10, obviously, I'd have had it taken home if charges were higher. I think Tullamore one of a very few hospitals that don't gouge patients or visitors.

Claire Byrne Live doing a feature on the celebrations of Criminals after they die, no doubt Joe's ears will be pricked up 😏, remember those despicable, vicious, Horrific Trio who met an abrupt end, a few months back and the carry on at the funerals with one of their deluded Aunts on telling the nation how wonderful he was 😏

M

The cash trail needs to be followed to the funeral homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭boardise

That would certainly put me off me collieflower .

Spare a thought for Joe's Missus out on a dinner date, Stinky /Farting / Belching, so to speak 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I bought 120 cans the day before MUP. Feckin neighbours spotted me bringing them in. I've 19 left now 😢

Outrageous, have you considered moving Gaff, Cawlur, what's that's saying, "you can't choose your family, but can choose your Neighbours"

Will you be calling Joe today to share this Traumatic, Horrific, Horrific, awful experience 🤔😉

• The mere thought of cans or any form of alcohol is making me 🤮 🤢 atm, though I’m better than last night. I hope Joe won’t be going on about it today too much, though I dare guess there’ll be response to the hoarder.

I do know folk who go on an annual jolly to France on the ferry to stock up on wines for the cellar. It’s as much about the trip and experience and selection of vintages as anything and they would be coinnosseurs an dat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Back to:

Northern Ireland = cheap drink/ free antigen test

Dogs in public places

Carers hours been cut

Dopesick (personally loved the show)

Versatus = Oxycontin

could be gold folks if the patches v oxycontin kicks in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Joe is not letting the Versatis issue drop! 3 years and counting.

"Do as I say, or face the wrath of Joe"!!"

• Cheap drink and FREE antigen tests in Nordridden Oireland. Unionists furious de Taigs getting them free.

Carers being taken away from yesterday (not enough of them)

Dopesick -OxyContin prescribed like smarties. VERSATIS again! A patient doyed because he was taken off Versatis!!!!! WoW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today:

Joe's favourite pub The Gravediggers is the only one that welcomes dogs.

Cheap drink and now free antigen tests in Norn Iron

The older than the state woman whose carer's hours has been cut.

Back to Versatis patches. They didn't work for one listener who is now dead.

Joe's gives out the wrong number followed by the correct one. Would somebody not write it down for him on a sheet of paper?

M

2 Day...

Beer savings.

Antigen tests for free up in NIRL for anyone, even ourselves so to speak, Unionists not liking this.

Carers being cut.

Dopesick tv show... apparently people here who were on Versatis before it was taken off de medical card were put on OxyContin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

VESATIS

CHECK !!!!!!

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

On the wonderful whirled of Liveline....

• Free antigen tests along with cheap beer, paid for on the dole. De Unionists are unhappy for sum reason.
    • In more unimportant stuff, a replay of a clip of a 102 year old wimmin who's care was cut.
    • Something he saw on Disney about Oxycotin and some stuff about versastis that a dead cawlur didn't get.

All this and more in an hour....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Today could be gold, between unhappy unionist and oxycontin and also today I've to leave work early for an appointment. So no pressure folks but ill be needing regular updates. Ill be suffering a serious case of #FOMO

• I virtually kicked off my Boardsie career on Versatis (actually my very first comments we’re to to do with Mattress Mick) and I remember it so well because my own then GP came on in support of Prof Barry and was torn asunder by Joe. By coincidence I had an appointment with him and showed him de Liveline thread and he did a dance of triumph there and then in the surgery, punching the air with his fists.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hello callers and good tidings to you all in the year of Our Lord two thousand and two-two and dat. It’s been some time since I was able to post and though I won’t be in attendance today (or likely any day for some time) I do hope yisser all get de GOLD yisser all deserve today and dat.

And remember, if yous do be do be do be feelin’ a bit cast down and dat in these long, dark and dreary January evenings, just console yerself wit de fact dat Joseph has already taken home more in his 2.5 hours (with breaks) “wurk” dan an ICU Nurse will take home this month. Then ask yerself “wat kind of a country would allow this sort of wage inequity?” followed by “how can we address this grave injustice……..and give Joe more?”. After all, ask yerself….who saves more lives?

Advertisement