Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭eagerv

The missus is really enjoying the car, but had a noise in boot area with something sliding side to side in bends with quite a loud thump. She removed everything from boot into front boot but noise continued. Checked everywhere, could find nothing until she removed boot floor and at very forward end there is another dip where she could feel (but not see) a bar that was sliding in bends to either side. Fairly heavy, with a thread on one end and a hole on the other. Like some sort of weapon...😁

It has now also been secured in frunk..

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Maybe it's just me 🤔 but I find if you look at a black and a white car from a distance white looks dirtier. But looking close up black car appears dirtier.

So get the black and keep your distance 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭KCross

What rates are you paying now?

what are the rates on the smart tarifff?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

With Energia, 24 hr meter 18.38 cent plus VAT Electric Ireland offering 08.00-23.00 25.24 cent plus VAT, 23.00-08.00 12.98 cent plus VAT, 02.00-04.00 7.01 cent plus VAT with €150 welcome bonus.

With a bit of organisation of washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher, this is a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Pickup today can't wait 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

Surprised it was loose and not in a tool bag or box or fixed to car body?

There are actually two of them, both were loose in car. But this one was hidden in a place you cannot see unless you lean right into boot after sliding back floor. Must have a look when I get a chance to see if there is a securing place for them.

You are way over paying on your current bill, which is why the smart tariff looks good to you.

You are paying 20.86c/kWh

A day/night rate can be got today for 18c/9c per kWh and do the same organisation as you mentioned above and you will do much better on that than you will on a smart tariff... unless you think you can squash 50%+ of your usage into the 2-4am period. Outside that time period the rates are very poor relative to the standard day/night rates.

Im derailing the thread so I'll leave it there, but I recommend you take another look at the figures. Its widely accepted that smart meter tariffs are really bad value and I think you should consider rejecting the smart meter install (which you are entitled to do) and get a day/night rate now that you have an EV.

• Advertisement

Show me an inclusive of VAT electricity only tariff day rate at 18c - supplier and tariff name. As of yesterday I couldn’t find one. As it goes we can run the appliances between 23.00 and 01.00 and save on the current rate, the 02.00 - 04.00 rate would be good when the car is charging. I’m no fan of Electric Ireland, their billing is often indecipherable but once the smart meter is in, I’ll be looking for the best rate to switch to.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

just now received only 1 pic of our car, delivery later in the week. Seeing the muddy tyre, no plastic cover on driving wheel, seats, etc - should I be worried ?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Muddy rear tyre also, was it stored in a field ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

that is weird, should just roll off ship to transporter which is all on surfaced road and then off transporter at dealer, maybe they off load at side of road or something

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Plus clear stains visible on front of the car......I am awaiting dealers response....why would they take off the plastic covers from inside the car?? just cannot get my head around........After waiting with so much, excitement seems to be dying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

Our dealer told me they arrive off the transport ship covered in dirt which is understandable considering the distance they travel and the number of port stops they make.

And I'd imagine a lot of dealers store their cars offsite this time of year as parking spaces are limited, but shame on them for sending a photo of your in such awful condition, they could at least have washed it before taking the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Brian Doolan and his detailed comparison between the 4 Irish specs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT5bGx9CkYE

So as not to derail the thread further I replied to you over here

response received from dealer - "What I am going to do is wait until it has been fully prepped and you are coming to collect the car. The vehicle has not been cleaned yet as I mentioned."

We were about to transfer the funds online today, will view the car first thing tomorrow and take it from there. Hopefully all good !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

All go for Friday premium plus delivery car arrived in the dealer today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Summer2020

With the blue link app can you have one account set up on 2 phones? (1 email address on both phones) or do both people need an account to share the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I have secured at car today (Phantom Black, Executive 58kw) that's in the docks in Cork. Hopefully it gets to out for distribution soon, dealer is hoping to have it by end of next week. I dealt with Brian in Fitzpatricks and I have to say he has been an absolute pleasure to deal with, no BS just a straight talker. Looking forward to joining the EV owners family!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Anyone ordered the AWD 300 hp version yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

I haven’t tried using my account to log into my wife’s phone, but the car does have the ability to setup more than one profile. Each profile can have its own Bluelink account connected. Which is quite nice if you want different settings like default sound volumes, saved radio stations, mood lighting setup, driving preferences, etc…

Just back from the dealer having seen and driven my Premium Plus Matte in Shooting Star Grey. Looks terrific. Taken in my i40 for the dash and rear cams to be transferred. Will pick up on Saturday.

Re the tow hooks - they provide two and they are loose under the boot floor. You would only need one at a time. One goes neatly into the tyre repair bag, the other can be left at home.

On ours the two tow hooks aren't the same size, so probably one for front and back, but will find a place to secure them.

Best wishes with the new car..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭crisco10

I was planning on putting all "hardware" like cables, hooks, puncture kits etc in the frunk and leave the boot for the day to day stuff. Maybe need a few stuck on fixing points or something though...hmm.

Yes I think that is what she has done, have hardly seen the car since she collected last Sat.🙂.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

I collected my new Ioniq today in Waterford so I was able to do a relatively comparative efficiency test between my old and new Ioniq.

My trip to the dealers was over 150km and on the outward leg my Ioniq 28 achieved 13.8 kWh/100km @ 0-2 degrees.

On the return the new Ioniq 5 58kW achieved 19kWh/100km@ 3-9 degrees with no wind.

My car is the executive spec without a heatpump so the heating consumption was around 11% of the total below 5 degrees but once temperatures went above 5 degrees the heating was drawing much less.

So overall I am happy with consumption, it seems to be reasonably efficient for day to day driving although I'm sure motorway driving will be the killer.

Advertisement