Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW22 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

What's the story with Patson Daka?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

FPL site says hamstring injury has him doubtful to play and it looks on the team sheet today like Lookman is being played up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea Lookman was upfront and got 2 assists. I think he's a good option along with Barnes on the fee hit (and Maddison).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

If the Liverpool team I was sent tonight Is correct then I’ll defo be FH. No Trent or Jota!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

For the Shrewsbury match? Why would you care about that?

• Advertisement

Yeah I was forgetting that they’ll all return within 5 days. Looks like only senior players playing are the ones who had Covid before Chelsea match

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ya Trent confirmed as having COVID but is returning to training in a few days.

Going by the squad list today, and Klopp's comments, there were a lot of false positives. I would take a guess that Neco Williams, Gomez, Henderson, Milner, Ox & Jota fell into that category.

Neco is being sold so wasn’t made available.

Yes a lot of them with no symptoms so back training within 5 days which gave them time for Brentford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

My team seems to be lit up like a Christmas tree at mo!……in no particular order have Son,Trent Alex,Livramento,Dier,Foden,Son and Dennis in trouble.

I know Son is out injured long term and see Trent has Covid,rest seem to have minor Knocks…..if needs be who and in what order would ye suggest shipping out?

Foden has being a disaster so I was thinking definitely him and Son anyway….is it likely at least one of TAA,Dier and Livramento will be back by match day to give me 3 starting defenders this week?

Thanks for any replies…..and all the best for 2022 to all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Son you definitely need to get rid of. I read somewhere that Livramento might need surgery so that could have him out for a long time. I would look at getting rid of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Transferred in Son for Salah already, what a dose!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Sounds like a good week to free hit for you. Trent is 50/50 to be back for the fixture v Brentford on Saturday, it just depends how many days of isolation he has to do. Hard to know yet what the story with Son is, reports are from 2 weeks to 5 weeks out. Im waiting till the press conference to see if any better info comes, if its only two weeks I'll likely free hit him out for this round of fixtures. Im reluctant to sell him unless absolutely necessary as Id want him back upon his return. Ive got Foden as well and while he has been frustrating the free hit allows not to have him v Chelsea and then back for v Southamption and Brentford.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

lads if you use a free hit do you get the free transfer for the week carried over?

I’ve 6 of those players & Reece James.

I think I’ll be using my Free Hit. There is so much uncertainty with them & with it being a DGW I’m relying on most them to cover a DGW with one game.

Also, if I saved my free hit team for later in the season I’d still be putting in my Liverpool players + 2 others so only really would be free hitting on 6 players later on. Add to that City play Chelsea so can ship them out for a week where a later FH I could use them as might have a decent single fixture.

Teams you’d want to have a double if FH when Chelsea/City meet, Salah Is out & Trent Is 50/50 all have doubles: Leicester,Spurs & United.

My team now is a basket case so this is ideal time for me to use one of the FH and hopefully get a jump on rivals who used one already & are being conservative

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone tried to put together a sample Free Hit team yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I've went at it a couple of teams but it's an incredibly underwhelming experience I have to say.

Would be interested to hear any DGW punts people are considering?

MacAllister and Canos have potential hero vibe off them I reckon but it's hard to get too excited about planning given the meh fixtures and the fact they could be postponed at any time up to kick-off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Tried a few efforts since my team looks badly set up for this week rather than it being good double fixtures. Also having two free hits to play makes me think I should use one. Latest attempt is:

De Gea

Alonso, Emerson, Rudiger

Lucas Moura, Mount, Maddison, Jota

Kane(c), Ronaldo, Antonio

Guaita, Trossard, Cucurella, Lowton

with nothing left in the bank. Would probably keep Dennis instead of Antonio if he is passed fit to play. Also think Ronaldo coming in is dependent on a good display in the FA cup this evening. Any opinions appreciated.

Have had a looked & thinking;

Sanchez (DdG)

Lamptey Rudi Royal (Lowton, Johnson)

Lucas Moura, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Bruno

Ronaldo Kane (King)

———

Similar enough thinking, had Cucarella but opting for Lamptey. Going minus Mount cause I think Leivester could score 3/4 over the 2 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Son red flagged now....I guess there was some update on his injury.

Pushing me closer to an inevitably dire FH

Conte had a presser a few hours ago and said

"The update on Sonny is that for sure we have to wait until after the international break," Conte said.

"It was a muscular problem and it was strange because he came off during the game. The day after he felt a bit of pain and he was injured.

"It’s a pity because you know very well the importance of this player for us."

I was planning on free hitting Son out in the hope he would be back after the DGW but that latest news changes things a fair bit. Reluctant to sell him but he may not play again until Feb 9th. Would be down to fielding only 4 players with a double GW but could get a 5th with Maddison or Barnes provided Leicester dont suffer yet another postponement. Any time I look at a potential free hit team its not really inspiring me with the available options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Looking like Son could well be out till second week of February so I think he has to go....

Yep Im resigned to selling him as well, its too risky to hold even though he does have a good record at recovering from injuries faster than expected. Conte could be bluffing a bit but Im not willing to second guess it.

Had another look at a free hit team and am almost certain of not using it. Planning on a -4 for Son to Maddison and Broja to Dennis to correct the AFCON mistake. Which will get me to 6 DGW players on the field, only downside is likely having to bench Cancelo.

Seems a lot are selling Watkins before his fixture v United. He hit the bar against them in the FA Cup and had another couple of chances. Plus there is a chance he is going to have a DGW23. With Coutinho on the pitch and favourable fixtures for Villa I think he is worth holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

7m is about right. Those buying now might get a double in 23 and then some tasty fixtures in Leeds, Newcastle, Watford. He has become a bit injury prone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Those Villa fixtures are appealling, especially when there is a potential DGW too. 7.0 is tempting. 8.0 would be much too much.

The question is whether to bring him as a Son replacement or wait & see. He hasn't trained yet, I assume, so I'm currently leaving towards the latter.

yeah the timing doesnt quite feel right for him to be a Son replacement as its a bit of a punt that he will hit the ground running. Maddison is where Im leaning but if a Leicester game gets called off again then Id consider Coutinho. They're all temporary options to get Salah back in for me anyway, despite good intentions of leaving £3m ITB to get him back in one move the money has been spent elsewhere now.

Anyway as expected TAA is over his Covid isolation period and was back training yesterday

Klopp- "Trent and Ali trained yesterday, Divock and Thiago not. That’s it pretty much. All players who test negative are available. Harvey Elliott not too far away from team training. Robbo got a knock v Shrewsbury but is fine.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Antonio to Kane for the DGW, he let me down by not scoring against Norwich and fancy Kane to outscore him.

Advertisement