Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What we expecting on Thursday full strength or like the FA Cup team ?

I reckon the below will defo start

Kelleher ,Willaims, Matip, Gomez ,Tsimakas, Milner, Morton, Jones, Gordon , so missing 2 attackers

Not sure who else, any new on Origi injury ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shrewsbury Town Football Club is disgusted and appalled to see and hear the reports on social media about the vile and offensive chanting and behaviour of a very small minority of our 'supporters' yesterday.

These people do not represent our Club in any way shape or form and we are liaising with West Mercia Police to try and identify those responsible who will in turn liaise with Merseyside Police.

If any supporters have any information that might assist us in identifying those responsible, they can contact the Club confidentially and we will use the information as part of our investigations with the Police authorities.  

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I want Gini back on loan.

Id have liked Cou back on loan but not Gini he only decided 6 months ago to leave us so he needs to suffer for longer,

Loved him as a player we need a younger Gini replacement ,

Mane with the winner for Senegal with a penalty in the 97th minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Mane penalty wins it 1-0 for Senegal in the 97th minute.

Pretty much makes it a certainty that Senegal will play in Last 16 round (it was very likely anyway)

Naby Lad up next at 4pm.

Naby Lad into the round of 16 now at Guinea win 1-0.

Karius also been basicaly told to leave.

John Achterberg.

“It’s down to him, his agent & the club to find a solution, Hopefully there will be one this month. It doesn’t help anyone to sit for another six months without the feeling you are really fighting for something

The club by all accounts are happy to let him go for nothing as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

He has twice refused to take a transfer because he wanted the remainder of his contract paid off. I don't see him changing his mind now, it's not like he's ever going to sign for an elite level club again in his career so he's milking it for everything he can.

I wonder about the timing of this if the club are looking to bring in a player and so Karius voluntarily leaving will free up the registration spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I know his form for the last year has been terrible but if delli alli is going cheap on a reasonable salary, maybe not......

• Advertisement

He's on £100k a week at Spurs which is a lot more than a lot of our squad.

Mane is on £100k & Jota is on £90k for example.

If either one of those were signing a contract soon it would be for a far higher salary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The Athletic running with Liverpool could be investigated for the game last week being postponed. Someone needs clicks

He had a great 12 months under Poch 4/5 seasons ago that's it since then he would struggle to get into a championship team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Testa undertaken by an independent panel.

Anyways, if there was any game to be messing around with tests for, it would be the actual league game away to Chelsea, which would have big implications on the title race. Not a league cup game.

More than just the last year. If he can’t nail down a place in an often struggling Spurs team, he won’t be much use to us as another expensive sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Liverpool claiming they had 10 false positives for league Cup semi final pull the other one lads blatant pure blatant. Must have got some tips from Tyrone GAA.

Where did Liverpool claim they had 10 false positives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭dogbert27

It's hilarious how they are painting Klopp as some pantomime villain for getting the semi-final postponed as if he himself had modified the results to be false positives! 😂

Jesus people really stretch to have a go at us. Thankfully those who are in charge have said no investigation will be taking place.

Anyways, there is no investigation.

The EFL are happy with the evidence submitted & the correct process was followed leading up to the league cup game. The testing is undertaken by an independent group. Not Klopp himself & not Liverpool.

This article mentions that there was 40 players & staff that recorded a positive test and I assume that is why the training was cancelled before eventually the training ground was closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

At the end of the day it's the Carabao Cup which th club never put much pass in over the last few years so I'd say they'd have played the kids if they were allowed.

It looked like the club followed protocol and public health advice on reciept of the test results.

Secondly it was only Arsenal 😉

• Advertisement

Nobody with any sense is though. Twitter and Facebook doesn't count!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

The game is rescheduled for still during the AFCON.

Liverpool lost the advantage of the 2nd leg at home.

It's mental that some people genuinely think that Liverpool went to trouble and expense of faking tests, finding a lab that would happily fake PCR results, cancel training, close down the training centre just to delay one league cup game by a week and forfeiting home advantage.

Instead of doing it for a title deciding game.

And to then for Klopp to reveal the entire ruse on live TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

yes because Liverpool FC are in control of the actually results! you do realise all these are carried out by 3rd party companies?? Also why would Liverpool jump through such hoops to avoid a bloody league cup game against Arsenal of all teams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Twitter getting panicky over this today....

I really hope this is sorted ASAP

If they sell our best player, I don't see FSG coming back from that one...

And I'm definitely not an "FSG out" "top red" like some of the online brigade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Yea reddit aren't happy either.

The only way they could come back is if they get Haaland or something.

Cant imagine us dealing with Raiola but stranger things have happened

The ideal 3 summer signings for me would be Bellingham, de Jong & Saka and they would cost the guts of £200m in the summer.

The club should have £100m themselves then selling Ox, Mane, Naby Lad & Phillips to make up the rest,

or

Just sell Salah to pay for all 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

For 20-30 years we dealt with our best players hinting, angling, straight up forcing moves from the club through the press. Now we have the best player of them all, openly saying he wants to stay for the rest of his career and says he isn't making over the top demands, who knows what his demands are though but I havn't seen any completely over the top demands leaked to the media. 

I still think he will sign a contract but if FSG don't keep him, inside the stadium will become toxic I'm convinced of that. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Awoniyi against Mo at the moment, Nigeria Egypt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

They're hardly seriously considering selling Salah? I cant see anything other than a contract been offered and he will either agree to it or not, then they will look to sell obviously.

Selling Salah makes absolutely no sense to them. No.1 he is completely irreplaceable in the current market and No.2 Klopp would be seriously put out by it. Klopp will have to get over it an move on if Salah doesn't agree terms which is fair enough but I don't think he would be too happy if its their intention to just cash in on him and screw the team Klopp has built.

FSG would be effectually giving the finger to both Klopp and the fans so I cant see it happening that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not really. It's Liverpool. People think they faked the tests, people think the earth is flat. Surprise, surprise.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

And Haaland would probably ask for the same amount as Salah.

The club could have a list of targets in mind that would nearly fix a lot of the problems the squad has - which does make sense from a business point of view. And with Klopp leaving, he would get time with the new crop of players to get them playing in a way he likes. An easier transition for the next manager perhaps.

• Advertisement

I can't see them selling him myself and a deal will be reached during the summer.

I could see Salah and his agent waiting till the summer privately themselves just to see what the landscape is like out there when a few of the big moves happen like Mbappe, Haaland etc. Publicly they will of course say all the right things.

Madird will be clearing out some huge wages with Bale, Isco, Kroos, Hazard all leaving or being pushed out in the summer.

PSG will be looking for an Mbappe replacement and I really could see Messi back at Barca in the summer.

So if PSG do come in with a huge bid that could get both Salah and FSG thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

If Salah wants more than the club can afford to pay how exactly would that be FSG giving two fingers to anybody least of all Klopp?

Klopp has seen top players leave before, he's a pragmatic guy and will get on with it. He's not a prima donna, he lives in the real world. No player, not even Salah, is bigger than the club and in 3-4 years there's a good chance he'll be past it and effectively gone as the player we now rely on so much anyway.

If FSG sell Salah and don't re-invest the cash then I could see Klopp being pi$$ed off but nothing in FSG's ownership to date suggests they'll do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

there's no guarantees anymore regarding fan attendance,its bound to cause some long term financial thinking issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Liverpool has never been a club to indulge "starmen" or prima-donnas. Salah wants 400 grand a week! That's four times the average weekly wage at the club. I'd tell him to get lost.

It's not Jay Spearing tbf...

I'm sure they will come to some agreement, I really hope they do...

Romano is reporting Coman is signing a new contract at Munich and they won't be looking to sign Raphinha.

Raphinha should be a target on and in the summer if that move has fallen through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭RonanG86

The options are:

1) Pay a proven Premier League talent who, based on his fitness record, likely has at least 3/4 years at the highest level left in him the £400k a week.

Or:

2) Sell him for £80m, tops (one year on his contract remember, so we're not getting £100m plus) and bring in someone like Diaz for £60m and another £20m player, who between them would probably be on at least £300k a week and are not guaranteed to succeed. We're not getting Mbappe or Haaland because they'd want more money than Salah.

I prefer option 1. We can sell squad players (Philips, Origi, Ox etc.), and maybe even Mane or Bobby to fund purchases.

The only worry I have is that Salah on £400k could have knock on wage demands from the rest of the squad. But most of our key men have signed new contracts either late last season or early this season and aren't realistically in a position to look for a new contract right now. Mane being the exception, which leads me to suspect that he, rather than Salah, will be the headline departure.

I'd rather let Salah leave on a free in 18 months time rather than sell him in 6 or 12.

Obviously new contract trumps both.

Egypt lost however I’d still expect them to make the last 16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Maybe Salah will be back sooner then we think

Advertisement