Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Masters 2022 (BBC / Eurosport)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,299 ✭✭✭tanko

That missed red into the middle sums Lisowski up, played some brilliant shots but then makes a balls of it with the frame almost won, he reminds me of what Judd Trump used to be like, not as good maybe. Ronnie looking good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Pity Lisowski didn't test Ronnie much this avo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Did you actually just type "avo" as an abbreviation for "afternoon"?

Can you really put a price on the cachet value of a Lada?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I know we give out about the 128 player Best of 7 tournaments - but it would have been nice to have another game to roll on to when Ronnie had despatched Lisowski at 3.10 this avo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,096 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think it just makes each game really important having one at a time.

People used to pay to see Mike Tyson and his fights were over in 90 seconds.

Thought for sure that yella wasn't going in..

Stevie a bit unlucky there.. Pity, was guaranteed to be ahead if white didn't go in off..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

• Advertisement

That yellow pocket is like a bucket, red should never have dropped.

It's all happening here! 😁

Something about that 'yellow' pocket.. almost mystical how that red dropped, after Selby's pot on black..

Come on Stevie!

Cracking a joke there with ref.. nice bit of psychology... comedy is supposed to be "The Jester's" province 😆

Great red from Selby there... think he's rattled... red went into yellow pocket - usually that would have prompted him to 'jest' ; given what happened in last frame... It's Maguire's match to lose imo.. "Players 'pick up' on these things" 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

No luck there Maguire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,947 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Loads of luck as per usual for Selby… goes about an inch away from leaving the red on, then Maguire leaves a red by missing it and ricocheting and going over the opposite pocket… you’d try that 1000 times and never do it…

As I post that his luck runs out haha.

• Advertisement

again, pure luck for Selby ! Jesus

I find it interesting to hear Shaun on commentary when he is still one of the top players and was out competing on the same table the night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭kerryjack

I don't think Shaun is great at the commentary to be honest, not natural very skripped nearly boring I would say

Great game here. Trump with an incredible steal to make it 4-4

Tightest game all week. BBC2 might run out of time.

• Advertisement

Think this has been the best match of the week so far. Would like to see Allen clear up here to take it to a decider

And another black missed off the spot by Allen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Genghis

G'wan Mark. A great match this, just wish I was off work to properly watch it.

Bit I picked up on in Studio Jack Lisowski found the Trump Allen match ‘getting a bit boring- plodding along’ until Trump levelled at 4-4. It said to me that Lisowski’s concentration is not even there for watching snooker - never mind playing it!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Allen was still in court an hour before the match started.

Bankruptcy hearing?

Wilson is looking very sharp this evening

Bingham would need a good break here to go in 3-1 down and have some chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

This match is turning around...

Time to see if Wilson can forget the last few frames and go again

Highest break of tourney for Stuart - what a comeback!

• Advertisement

Very impressive in amoung the balls

Reanne Evans got an MBE today..

Mark Allen 'had a good day today' ; he said, in post match interview; talking about something that happened (didn't go into any details) earlier on in the day, and before his match...

Radzi, in the Eurosport Studio said that he (Allen) was either in court, or got a 'result' (a good one apparently) from the courts (something along those lines anyway)

Strange kind of coincidence , being as Allen and Reanne Evans have a bit of 'bad blood' among themselves.. those two things were hardly related (Evans' MBE, and Allen's 'result' ) 😁

Second decider today

About 5/1 Wilson makes a frame and match winning contribution from here, imo, the way the reds are sityeeayted 😂

Mon Stuey!

Great attempt to shift the brown

Alan McManus is the commentary GOAT.

Great days snooker. Davis on the BBC was funny calling all the aggressive shots the players should play under pressure that he would never have played himself! 😀 (Wilson - Bingham match)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

WD to The Warrior..

Stuart gave Wilson too many goes at that last yellow, from the safety exchange there... almost every time Stuart hit the yellow, he left some sort of a pot on for Wilson..

Was a savage 3 break though, and he was unlucky on position on the red 😴

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Wilson fancies himself a bit too much imo, you can hardly call yourself a game player when you haven't really won anything big yet.

• Advertisement

Be a good match between him and Trump.. bit of a niggle between the two of them... don't really care who wins that match... hard to call - Trump likely the favourite,, a coin toss for me that one; just like most of the matches at this level.

Will go with: Ronnie , Higgins , Trump and Hawkins as the QF winners...

Yep he’s only won the German masters… his sole ranking tournament win. Gets knocked out far too early far too often… probably an ok fella but he does tend to have some weird interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I also remember him complaining of not getting enough time on table one and wanting to be playing on TV which I found a bit cringe worthy tbh because in reality he's nowhere near that level yet.

How do we see tomorrow going ? a couple of really nice matches…

Robertson vs O’Sullivan

&

Williams vs Higgins

cant see past Higgins but Robertson vs O’Sullivan should be interesting…Mark Williams has been dispatching the lesser ranked players with gusto but anyone up the top of the rankings he’s lost out to over the last while.

Tough to call all them matches. Think Ronnie beats Robbo, on account of Ronnie should like playing that kind of player. Like you said S, hard to look past Higgins in that particular encounter with the Welshman.

I reckon I at least have the favourites (bookies) picked anyway 😄 , and, at a guess, I'll try to predict their likely odds.

Ronnie 4/5

Higgins 8/11

Trump 10/11

Selby 8/13

Will have a look on odds comparison site, and see how close I am 😊

In the other QFs I'll take Trump to edge out Wilson, and, the one I'm least confident about, I fancy a slight upset, with a Hawkins win there... Might do a small accum on the 4..

Bricks and mortar prices.. ie Ladbrokes / Boyles / Paddy Power

Robertson 1/1 with Boyles and Ladbrokes.. best price online 11/10 v O'Sullivan 4/5 with Boyles and Ladbrokes.. best price online 10/11

Williams 13/8 with Boyles..... best price 13/8 v Higgins 8/15 Ladbrokes.. best price online 7/12

Hawkins 7/4 with Boyles and Lads.. best price online 19/10 v Selby 4/9 with Boyles and Lads... best price online 17/35

Don't see any prices on the Trump v Wilson clash, and no prices from PP quoted...

Got the Ronnie price right.. 1 outta 3... 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

He won the Shanghai Masters a few years back when it was a ranking event. Always thought he had a touch of clinchers disease but he was superb last night though.

Wilson seems like a very emotional bloke. Maybe not the best trait when you're trying to get over the line in big matches.

Go on Ronnie!

Really impressive by Robertson, never looked like missing. Confident start.

Ronnie's got some patience and composure nowadays..

• Advertisement
Advertisement