Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Fe1 2020

Hi all,

I am selling company law 2014 legislation. Bought for €75, but selling for €70 plus postage. Some light underlining from previous owner.

Let me know if you're interested. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

hey All,

i would also appreciate this if anybody has them

• Registered Users Posts: 38 T2020

Would anyone have any recommendations for what are the main priority topics to study for Company?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jdharte

Hi everyone. Ive failed company for the 3rd time and dont know where Im going wrong. Ive studied all the exam papers and reports and seem to be going nowhere. I was thinking of doing the one day exam prep held by Griffith in February and was wondering if anyone had done it and if it was useful. Would anyone have any tips on the subject?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LawCopy16

Have sign ups for March 2022 sitting opened yet? I can't see that they have on the LS website but want to double check so I'm sure I'm not missing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

Anyone heard from Law Society on rechecks?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

I came here to post this exact question lol. I've been checking the LS website every couple of days and haven't seen the applications open yet, even though the closing date listed on the info sheet for the March 2022 sitting is 27 January.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lawlawblahblah

Hi guys! Selling Lawschool.ie Constitutional, Property and Equity Manuals. PM if you're interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Flynner999

Hi Guys,

Just starting to get myself together for the next set of exams. What do people think are the non-negotiable must cover topics for Constitutional?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fe121

Hi all,

I am in desperate search of an updated constitutional and eu exam grid if anyone would be kind enough to share!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 shadow2000

hi all. just started studying for 4 fe1s last week (property, equity, contract and tort). getting overwhelmed with the material and the idea that i’ll have to study all day every day to cover it. is anyone else in the same boat? how do you manage the stress and anxiety?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

It's undoubtedly a stressful time, especially if you are sitting four, but we are still 2 months away so plenty of time to cover those 4 - Tort will be your largest syllabus, but some topics are neat, and just knowing a handful of points will get you marks with Tort examiner.

Keep referring to the exam grids and past papers so you know exactly how frequent and in what way topics come up - that will help massively with anxiety. It might take you a whole day to cover one topic, but if it is say succession law in Property well you know you are getting your money's worth with 1 guaranteed question, likely 2. Same with Charitable trusts in Equity etc. Anxiety kicks in when you think you have a mountain of stuff to cover, but if you sit back and be strategic about it, pick your main topics early, you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

I agree with above - it is very stressful... BUT doable!

My tips for equity - Charities and Trustees Duties always tend to come up so two topics and (probably) two guaranteed questions. Likewise Injunctions usually make an appearance. The rest of the syllabus can be a bit more unpredictable but I used Law School for the last sitting and they predicted the topics pretty much spot on and I passed first time.

I agree with the above comment that a look at the exam grids would be really useful and if the going gets tough, take a risk and be strategic with what you study.

Property - I only ever studied Succession (Succession has appeared as two questions in the exam paper for at least the last 3 sittings), Adverse Possession, Family, Easements, Co-Ownership, Finding and I managed to pass (60%) but I would have 1 or 2 back ups on top of that if time permits.

thanks both of you (above)! i have a schedule that sees me finishing all courses at the end of february, leaving me 2 weeks to revise. so i should be okay, but very aware that my anxiety and stress is not helping my focus! but your words about it being doable have encouraged me so thank you!

also - last question! for those of you who studied full time for 4 subjects, was 9-6 studying okay? or did you have to continue 7-9? I’m planning on 5 days per week but find myself getting so ready to quit at 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meg!

Any one have up to date Equity Exam papers for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meg!

By any chance do you have Equity Exam Papers for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

Would anyone have updated exam grids for tort, equity and eu?

I studied part-time for four over the same length of time you've mentioned and I think you're gonna be fine with full-time study, just pace yourself and stick to your study plan. If you've put in a solid day then maybe your brain is just done with it at 6pm and there's no value to slogging on just to feel like you're putting in 'enough' hours. If you feel like you're not getting enough in by 6pm maybe break for a couple hours for dinner etc and then read back over some stuff for a while? Don't burn out though, gotta keep something in the tank for actually sitting the exams!

Does anyone have any recs for good tutors for Equity and/or Company? Have been trying to find someone to do a few intensive sessions with me to run over where I went wrong in the exams for them but have had no luck so far. If anyone could DM me the names of FE1 tutors they've found helpful before, would really appreciate it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Uptown Girl

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kkelly97

Really struggling cutting down for Tort and EU, does anyone have an updated grid I could work from?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

I will send you on the equity past papers and reports if you want to send me your email

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dancing Obsession

Hi guys,

I have passed all FE1s and I want to share my tips with you. I recorded a video. PM for detail if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Hi, I did that one day revision course before for contract and tort and really did not find it helpful at all! I obviously don't know what the company lecturer is like but in general (and from other hearing peoples opinions) I would not recommend Griffith College. If you want to pm me I can send you my condensed notes that I used for the March 2021 sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Hi everyone,

I am selling my City Colleges Company, Contract and Constitutional manuals. There is no markings or highlighting in any of the manuals! PM me if you are interested.

I would highly recommend to attend this examiner's lecture. He has his favourite topics but he also focuses on recent cases and the best way to know which ones is his lecture which takes place I think around February but might be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

That lecture takes place March 20th, the exam is March 18th so I wouldn't worry about it.

Ok, if this is the case I would recommend to ask somebody who attended the last lecture and to take the notes.

• Advertisement

Hi there,

There are few tips how to approach the exams.

Advertisement