Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

No need to send your wife’s documents, the child’s citizenship will be based on your documents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Am applying for a passport for our new baby, the 40 days has passed, called last week to find it hadn't even been assigned a checker, webchat today said one had been assigned but couldn't advise if the photo and documents were OK.

We are not due to fly until mid January but schools close next week and the principal is our reference.

Any ideas of timelines from once a checker is assigned?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CuriosityKilledtheCat

Big shout out to the efficiency I have experienced with the passport office this week.

Sent an online application for passport renewal at approx. 13:30 yesterday. The new passport arrived in the mail this morning, I was amazed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Just an update that it's printing. So 46 working days in total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 larrymc123

Update: Passport not received on Estimated issue date last Friday 10-Dec which was same date we were due to fly so unfortunately trip was cancelled and money lost. We have since received passport. Summary below:

07-Oct-21: Online Tracker Status Change - Processing application. We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents. Estimated Issue date 10-Dec-21 - Total of 45 working days until estimated issue date

29-Nov-21: Online Tracker Status Change - Processing application. Your application is being processed (36 working days)

13-Dec-21: Our (Parents) original passports and babies birth certificate returned in post. I had requested these to be returned but got nowhere. It was the TDs office that managed to get them sent ahead of time (Passport office note that original documents are not returned until 15 days after application is finalised)

14-Dec-21: Online Tracker Status Change - Alert. There was a problem with the application. We have sent you an e-mail. You should follow the steps outlined in the e-mail. (47 working days) Received an email that there was a problem with photograph (which is frustrating as I had queried this before I submitted my application as was told it would be fine) I resubmitted photo within an hour by 2.30pm. Got it in quick enough that it was reviewed/ actioned that day as...

14-Dec-21: Online Tracker Status Change - Processing application Your application is being processed (47 working days)

Estimated Issue date also changed to 30-Dec-21!! This obviously had me very worried and I was getting ready to have a go through webchat, but next morning another Online tracker Status Change...

15-Dec-21: Online Tracker Status Change - Printing Your Passport Book is being printed. Any\all documents submitted will be returned separately. (48 working days)

16-Dec-21: Passport received in post (49 working days - 4 days after estimated issue date)

This was as straight forward as possible First time application i.e. 2 Parents Irish Citizens/Passport holders. I feel sorry for anyone with a complex application as they really seem to be having a far more disastrous experience with delays

Unfortunately for anyone hoping for a passport to be issued ahead of estimated issue date I don't think you will have any joy. Through my own constant querying through webchat and from TDs office the Passport office pretty much state that no passport can/will be escalated and issued before estimated issue date (except I assume in the case of life/death).

Based on the date I received a notification about an issue with the photograph it looks like they only started looking at the application after estimated issue date had already passed!

I have no doubt that what got it through so quickly (4 days) after estimated date had passed was TDs office putting pressure on the Passport Office. The lady from TDs office I was dealing with was brilliant, she would call me with updates at least a couple of times a week. They have a direct line to the Passport office so are able to get real updates and information that I never could get.

I never once managed to get through on the phone and never got any satisfaction out Webchat as responses received were typically generic and useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭McSween

Renewing mine and my daughter’s passport in january.

this is her second passport(age 4 1/2). Is a new picture all i need?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jezzabel

I'm in the process of renewing my daughters for the last (Thank God!) I'm a sole guardian (she's 17 now) and every time I have renewed it since she was a baby, I had to get an affidavit sworn with a solicitor AND a consent form done, and an original Birth Cert notarized by solicitor too (Commissioner for Oaths). No circumstances have changed over the last 17 years but they still make every sole guardian jump through hoops to renew a child passport - I guess it's all to do with Child Protection and it is important

I don't know your circumstance but I guess at the least you will have to print out a consent form and cover page that they will email you (If renewing online) and have it completed and sent back to them. Took the following from passport website:-

Guardianship

If your child has more than two legal guardians or your family circumstances are different, contact the Passport Service for help. For example, conferred guardianship on an individual through a will and testament.

Online applications

Guardians must fill in and sign the Child Passport Identity and Consent Form in the presence of a suitable witness.

Paper applications

Guardians must fill in and sign Section 7 of the passport application form in the presence of a suitable witness. See acceptable witnesses.

Child has one guardian

Submit:

Child has two guardians and one is unavailable or unwilling to provide consent

Submit:

• A court order dispensing with the consent of the unavailable or unwilling guardian
    • Consent for children

Depending on your family circumstances we may need to supply extra documents. Examples are outlined below.

Thanks very much. Both parents living together yes. Is this a case of proceeding with the application, paying and then they send you something by email?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jezzabel

Yes, apply online, pay and upload photo etc....if supporting docs like consent form are necessary they will email you with docs to print and a label to attach to envelope for returning the documents (ExpressPost) The expected issue date will usually change to 3 weeks after the date they have received supporting documents.

Mine just changed today to: "Your Passport Book is being printed. Any\all documents submitted will be returned separately" We have a flight on Friday (Christmas Eve) so I'm just REALLY hoping that An Post can manage to get us the passport before our flight! Eeeek

• Advertisement

Thanks. Good to know that. Good luck with Christmas eve flight

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rangwick22

I'm still waiting for my child's birth cert, is it worth my while go ahead with my application before I receive that?

No, how could a passport be issued without the birth certificate?

Just reading the thread it's taking people ages, just thought get the application going and in the meantime get the birthcert and support it and least I haven't lost a few weeks

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

You'll lose more time if you send it in without it.

I tried three pharmacies in Limerick today and their email the passport photo service is down. What the hell is going on? Might have to try them myself now but that could be a slow process

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Check the Photo Me website for a kiosk near you. Tesco usually have them.

I did two applications. Both photos were accepted first time. Unbelievable. I did the applications on phone to save transferring to email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

First time application for our child, straightforward application both Irish parents, living in Ireland, online application. Original issue date was January 6th, we got on to the local TD had proof of travel and accommodation. Our travel is for work and holiday's so not sure if that made a difference. We received the passport Christmas Eve and feel very lucky. Thanks for all the updates here, found it very helpful and would advise going through your local TD if you need the passport before the issue date or soon after it

For a 1st time application for a child, you need to send the passports of the parents too? On the form it says photocopies, but not sure why people are sending actual passports? Both Irish parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

For an online application we just sent in copies of our passport. It might be different for the physical form

Ok great, doing it online so will follow this, thanks a lot

Did my passport renewal online on saturday 1st. Got it yesterday. That is really good.

I am getting my daughter’s renewal done also and they have received the supporting documents. I wonder how long that will take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Simple Renewal, online.

Friday, 7th Jan I made my application at 6.23am Irish time (I'm in New Zealand, so it was Friday evening here). Passport status was "Printing" when I checked it on Saturday morning, and it was posted yesterday, 10th January. Very efficient, I wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near that fast.

God knows how long it'll take to get to NZ, but that's another story!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SalonkaK

Does anyone have any experience of getting a child's first passport through before the estimated issue date? We are going on a family holiday, was a surprise Christmas present. I applied for baby's passport on 6/12 and it's showing online it wont be issued until 21/2... Holiday is booked for 20/01....

I also sent my own passport with the application. I got into them twice and they've put two notes on the application to say it's due for a flight on the 20/01 and one to say that my passport is to be sent as soon as it's been scanned.

I also contacted minister of foreign affairs and got an initial response, but no follow up today just an email to say my email has been received.

Or alternatively does anyone know how to sneak a baby on a plane, or how to get a passport on the black market🙃

I have asked them each time I got through on webchat can I have my baby's first passport expedited and each time they say that don't do this, and also that emergency passports are not applicable to first time applicants.

How did they expedite it and would you have a number or a name ? My baby's passport has been in since 6/12 and showing won't be issued until 21/02 but we need it for the 20/01....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

No chance. It's not an emergency. You might have a chance if the issue date was 21 January, but 21 February... Have you read any of the first time passport posts over the past 10 pages or so? People waiting weeks/months after expected issue date.

Yes I've read related posts. Most seem to be from summer time last year when there was a backlog from lockdowns. I was wondering if anyone more recently has had any more luck with getting them issued.

• Advertisement

Not a hope, as things are at the moment, you probably won’t even have it by it’s due date.

Advertisement