Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered satellite box online that is faulty

Options
  • 11-01-2022 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I would like some advise on this before I go ahead.

I bought a satellite box from an Irish online retailer that has arrived faulty.

The seller has requested for me to ship the box back to confirm the fault via a phone call.

If they find the fault they will send me a new box.

I have no issue with this but is it risky? What I mean I don't know the reputation of the seller, I have bad experiences in the past from online retails.

If I send the box I will be without my purchase and without my money.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

What do you want / expect them to do?

they need to check it is actually faulty and not user damage before they refund / replace

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

I agree with sending it back of course, how else are they meant to check the issue.

Usually a retail would have a more formal channel of returns? An incident number etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Ask them to email you and attach your original purchase confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

If it's faulty then they should pay for it to be returned or reimburse you the cost.

But are you certain it is faulty and not something you think is wrong?

If it's not faulty and you return it they can charge you delivery fee back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Yes it is faulty, the external 2.5" HDD slot is not powering the HDD I know because I inserted a mechanical HDD it is not spinning up and the front display is missing a digit say if the time is 18:16 the display will show 18:1 missing the 6.

I sent the seller two emails they have not replied they also have not replied to my open PayPal case so I am right to be suspicious.

Lets say I took their word for it didn't open a PayPal case sent them the box and all communication ceased.

I had bad experiences in the past with online retailers, so I have learned to do everything formally.

• Advertisement
Advertisement