Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭kksaints

I'm surprised they didn't keep the Tag Title match from Dynamite for this at least whatever about the Hangman and Bryan match. It's a very poor card on paper and the interim belt Title match doesn't appeal in the slightest when champions often go on fairly long gaps without defending. Also Dustin Rhodes shouldn't be near a belt shot at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Tony K was saying on Twitter that the live event will feature all of the champions so it might not be too bad for those at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well it was never going to be just a one hour live event. It was going to be a full 2/3 hour live event with the last hour for TV.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Wonder will we see any new debuts tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The non TV matches are being taped for Dark seemingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I think that's the ticket value covered already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

BOTB was a good easy watch, not bad for such a tragic card. Really enjoyed the TNT, Dustin is still some man to go, the Destroyer through the table looked great! People saying it didn’t make sense because Dustin got the shot don’t make sense, the TNT championship has rarely if ever been based on rankings, anyone can get the shot as seen with Sammy and Garcia post-match.

Liked Britt/Riho too, wouldn’t have been against Riho winning because she’s so good but it’s going to be either Rosa or Hayter to dethrone DMD you'd think. Should be Rosa.

Some excellent matches across Dynamite, Rampage, BOTB and Elevation this week, just more enjoyable pro-wrestling from AEW!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm fair done with Britt as a champion. We know it's Rosa who's going to beat her but unlike with Omega and Hangman, we're not even getting good matches out of Britt and she does nothing for the rest of the division as she can't sell at all. She's got pretty much go away heat with me at this stage. She needs to go back to training and improve her in ring work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After Moose calling out Reigns, I see Taya calling out Britt

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Advertisement

His full name is Danhausen Danhausen Danhausen?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hilarious, isn't it?

Baker is a crap wrestler but the bigger problem is she gasses out like 2014 Batista and that makes it hard for even good wrestlers to carry her when she's plodding after 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

I'm not gonna go as far as saying Britt is a bad wrestler, she just doesn't do much for me.

I liked her character when she was an out and out heel but it feels like they tried to make her a face, realised it wasn't working and now they're sort of somewhere in the middle, where if it wasn't for her posse she wouldn't really be a heel. Her promos are all the same now and so are her matches. I just think her run as champ has been a dud and I'm ready for a new champion. Her match with Riho was okay if a bit sloppy.

The show in general was fine, just feel like it could have been something better and definitely ditch the battle of the belts name or commit to it properly. Dusty/Sammy was the highlight even if I'm still not sure I like the interim thing or Dusty getting the shot just because. Also, and I'm not normally one of those guys giving out about selling or anything but the table spot was unnecessary (especially when they're both meant to be faces) but taking a canadian destroyer through a table and two cross rhodes only to be fine and superkick your opponent seems a little much even for me.

Dynamite cards looks pretty good this Wednesday.

Omega getting some vile abuse on social media for sticking up for the women's match.

Some very sad people out there that just like to be negative all the time and abuse those who want to be positive well done to Kenny calling them out.

Check out NJPW Strong and watch the match of 2022 in North America for two men just beating the sh1t out of each other so far Eddie Kingston vs. Gabe Kidd.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Isn't it amazing that a 52 yr old is still that damn good and would put younger guys to shame

Telling ya I wasnt thrilled seeing Dustin but god damn he still has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

An angle where Danhausen tries to hypnotize Shahid Khan into adopting him, and cut Tony out of the will, thus securing all of the elite human monies for Danhausen. I NEED THIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Caster's rap on Elevation was his best in a while, nice shot at Impact!

Jersey Shore bro was decent enough in-ring too in fairness to him.

• Advertisement

I'm not as familiar with Chikara as others but an unmasked Dasher Hatfield wrestled on Dark as Avery Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Omega seems to have lost the run of himself after all the trolling he received, this time targeting Cornette who didn't say anything:

He's not the brightest to have a go at someone over breathing issues, but I guess from Kenny's POV he's lashing out at the guy who started all the pedo talk in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Davy05

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

To clarify, what I meant is that Cornette was the first one to make derogatory remarks about Kenny and Riho's friendship. Kenny has been getting trolled heavily on Twitter with these remarks for the last number of days, just because he tweeted support for the match between Riho and Baker.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Fair play to Kenny for the quick apology, (Cornette doesn't deserve a personal one either though). I hope he just turns off Twitter for a while now for his own sake

Cornette pours petrol on social media then hands his followers the lit match and sits back an smiles at his work.

Battle of the Belts drew 704k for the one hour Saturday night show I think that will be considered a huge success.

I mean Cornette has been running his mouth on Omega for years, calls him a pedo cos of his friendship with Riho, attacks another of his friends in Shida heavily too and constantly sh1ts on Kenny and anything he does.

Half the people attacking Kenny are probably Cornette fans considering they're just parroting his viewpoints.

Hell, look at Cornettes response

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1480902194513723396?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why even respond? You let those people "win" when you notice them.

• Advertisement

I know this is for storyline purposes but it's actually true haha. The Inner circle has done nothing for Santana + Ortiz and the group has been going for over 2 years. I still think they are the most underutilized team in AEW. Santana and Ortiz I think are cool but it doesn't help when they are with probably the least coolest guy in AEW, 50 year old Jericho trying to he hip.

There's a quote from Meltzer on twitter (not sure if it's true or made up) that he doesn't think Marko Stunt's contract will be renewed especially because he wasn't with Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus when they were winning the tag titles. Would be absolutely no loss.

Advertisement