Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Ok I'll finish with this point then look at their delivery dates on the website. UK and Ireland have the same dates. I got a possible delivery date of September when I ordered and now its proposed to be March.

Irish EV market was tracking very similar to UK prior to the injection of teslas in the UK (over 40% increase). In the same time frame there was a 18% increase in deliveries to Ireland even though the stats show massive demand and 115% increase in registrations.

Is the point you making that your happy that Tesla will not service the Irish market like the UK market and stay niche in Ireland (because you own a Tesla already).

If that's the case I'm not sure what point your arguing? We both agree with each other their not servicing the market.

You and other current owners are happy: (as your car stays niche and has more value that might change when you start looking for your next Tesla.)

I and people who would have being waiting up to 7 months are not when we see delivery times in a matter of weeks in the UK.

Joe public in UK can get a Tesla (2nd highest registered car delivery time in weeks).

Joe public in Ireland struggles (39th highest and delivery time up to 7 months).

I would like a niche car too but maybe put in your order for your next Tesla well in advance.

Tesla's clearly practising market segmentation on RHD and I'll go back to my original point on this a lot this has to do with extra cost of logistics now.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JandS

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So getting back to Model 3 chat, for those with current orders the 10th digit of the VIN needs to be N for the improvements i.e. battery/MCU/laminated rear glass and brand new hairpin motor. Sounds like this looks the same but new motor and battery pack is actually quite different

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Are you sure you've nothing to add re tesla's business model for Ireland 😜

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Not sure, the hairpin motor is brand new, never used before and only on MIC builds, this is potentially the limiting factor making the 2022 M3 slower off the mark. The LFP batteries along with heatpump really make this a vastly different build to the pre 2021 builds.

This Model 3 is far far more appealing.

Thing is I get the same range from my 2015 Model S, have air suspension and much better sound along with free SuC and connectivity so very hard decision to make.

Model S + much bigger inside, boot and huge frunk (RWD), premium sound, air suspension, sunroof, free SuC, real leather seats, free connectivity, heated mirrors, faster, 22kW AC charging, can take a roofbox

Model S - slower DC charging (but only as SuC and even then it's faster than more cars these days), 10months left of CPO warranty, 15months left on battery/drivetrain warranty

Model 3 Advantages over S - faster SuC charging, longer warranty, heatpump, better build

Model 3 Disadvantages over S - much smaller all around, not a hatchback, no free SuC/Connectivity, no sunroof, inferior sound, harsher ride, slower, slower AC charging, no center dash screen (which I like) and of course an immediate cash outlay

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

Has anybody with a model 3 March delivery estimate got a VIN yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

Nothing yet. Hope we are defo getting ours in Q1. Do you reckon we are safe enough with RWD and white with tow bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

We ordered on 17th September

• Advertisement

Not sure tbh, interested to hear current owner past experiences.

I ordered 30th October, midnight silver RWD and no VIN yet either

You know the trick with the source code in your account page I take it. Normally VIN start popping up a week or two after the ships have set sail from China. So I wouldn't think there'll be anything for a few weeks yet.

Keep an eye on this forum

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/uk-2022-orders-to-delivery-general-discussion.251875/page-7

yeah, nothing in the source code yet either. Has me skeptical about March 🤔

I think the first ship only due to depart in the next week or so, so arrival for late Feb. So running up to end of march and logistics to come from Zeebrugge then. Late march early April I would think.

I still have my order open as they don't give deposits back. Order from August so if I hear anything I'll let ye's know.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Hey all

Anyone have a M3 insured with AXA by any chance?

My current EV is insured with them, just called them to make sure they would insure a M3 (potentially collecting on Friday), they have come back and said they no longer insure cars over €50k in value.

Seems odd to me since you can spec any decent car these days well north of €50k

Edit to this:

Just got a phone call back from the rep at axa saying it is actually over €100k they dont insure. Even then they do but with a tracker fitted. Glad they rang back to straighten that one out. Small increase of €80 over the ID4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Tesla has its own tracker. Will tell you even which direction the car is facing. Also can live stream the environment. We got a quote from Axa but we choose Aviva this year. They are fussy in giving you a quote without reg plate.

Sorted in the end thankfully.

Now I just have to decided whether to accept the car in inventory or wait until March for the upgraded 2022 model

Keeping that too but transfering it to my wife's insurance. Going to a 2 EV household

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Seems like current models won't have any data support on the front console usb ports, only the one in the glove box.

This first came up last quarter where some cars were delivered without the front usb ports and wireless charging and with a promise to retrofit, this is now happening but the ports have lost the data ability and the manual has been updated to say cars after 1 Nov may or may not have data ability on the front ports.

Makes usb music a bit more of a pain as it will have to share with the dashcam and sentry mode footage and you'll need to the partition the drive.

The controller only games cuphead and sonic have been removed for those cars also.

Looks like the Model Y is also impacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Quick question for folks that went the Hire Purchase route. How soon after ordering did Tesla reach out with the documents? I ask because I ordered in November and rang them on Monday looking for an update, they said I should expect late February delivery and provided the HP documentation after that call.

I submitted everything yesterday but didn't even get a confirmation email back, which I find strange. It's a little frustrating being so in the dark.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I emailed them about a week before collection (2 years ago) asking for an update, was I approved etc..... and they replied saying yeah, all good.

So they're not exactly quick and willing to give out info unless A. they have to or B. you ask them...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Makes usb music a bit more of a pain as it will have to share with the dashcam and sentry mode footage and you'll need to the partition the drive.

I would be surprised if anyone buying a Tesla these days is using a USB to play music, given you have access to streaming services Spotify, Tidal & Tunein. If it was an issue, you would be just as well off to store it in your phone and play via bluetooth streaming, which I've been doing for the last 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

The audiophiles would use USB to get lossless....bluetooth is always lossy. Personally I dont see the point in a car as a glass box is the worst place for critical listening, but there is a quality advantage to USB in theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Interesting, they never even reached out to let you know you were approved?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

No.

Almost every point of communication that was required between myself & Tesla was initiated by me, but in fairness they were always straight back to me and I was never bothered by it all, and in fact actually liked it that way. Bear in mind though this was January/February 2020 so they were fairly busy preparing for only the 2nd Model 3 Q delivery phase, so it was probably fairly manic for them at that time.

There's not really a whole lot of communication really needed though in fairness... order car, wait, stuff happens in your account, wait, wait, VIN shows up, delivery date shows up, Tesla look for payment, car registered and reg sent, collect car.

as a side note, I collected my car on March 13th 2020 (Friday 13th), which was the day the schools first closed due to Covid-19.. and that was almost 2 years ago!! Thats Mental. 47,849km later and all it's cost me was 2 rear tyres in that time.. (not including the stuff Tesla changed for free)

• Advertisement

I much prefer .flac files on USB versus any other source

Advertisement