Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭eireyiddo

Well done all involved in the setting up of all that. Good instructions, IKEA might head hunt ye 🤣

Getting closer now🏌️‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭eireyiddo

• Registered Users Posts: 37 onthesod

Great stuff lads, I won't make the first outing but definitely Carton House is calling me.. Nenagh a lovely enjoyable track that can test all levels. Great stuff lads with Golfnet, a serious ball of work gone in there.

Looking forward to getting out, even if it is to play pure muck 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Is there room for one more in the society?

I've just started back playing and wouldn't make all the dates but would try make as many as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Jaysus, it's all getting horrid professional lads!

Well done Fixde and committee 👏

Thanks Golfraffix, already had the app downloaded from playing Powerscourt a few times. Am ready to go and raring to get out, hopefully will see you all on the links 🏌️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

Looks good and many thanks for all the hard work going on behind the scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Ladies and gents

Its been a while since many of you joined the society and sometimes we update our emails/phone numbers etc. I see some anomalies but it's just pot luck if I pick them up.

Can you all please make sure you have access to ClubNet ASAP. If you updated your email, it's possible you are set up with an old one you may have given me before. You can either log in with your old email or ask me or CharlieIRL to update it. I don't think its possible that you can update your email from your end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

Can I just add that all this stuff takes time unpaid time.. so for seve to set up a new member takes a bit of work and of his spare time. So please read the thread all information is there. Try figure things out yourself. if your badly stuck post here and someone will help but have patience as it's all new and first outing isn't till 3rd week in Feb.. so theres loads of time..

Questions on how do I join arent helpful! as its wrote in seves signature so you see it in every post he puts up! And in the thread it's literally everywhere. Plus you have to be an active member on boards. So get involved on the threads. Anyone's! doesn't have to be in the golf section but get your post count up.

Remember this society is non profit it's just run by a lot of golf nuts and every penny goes back into it to bring green fees down, on prizes etc and a lot of lads give up a lot of their spare time to help out.

Regards

B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

All signed up on clubnet, thanks again to the organisers. Looking forward to Portmarnock if I can get on the timesheet!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,911 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Just paid my sub - glad I got in 😅.

Thanks a million to all the guys working in the background, In particular GolfGraffix - SeveOB and CharlieIRL who have offered their time and dedication to deliver this change. All the committee and past captains have also approved this change.

As a fairly slow adapter to technology myself - I had a nervousness to change. But I've seen the freedom and benefits the move towards app based booking and payment makes in club golf. Initially I was there , this is a pain , but the amount of extra golf and and additional convivence is extraordinary. Booking golf in any place at any time. It is also more flexible to change.

It had become evident to a few people, that - the organization of what is a very different society (online) was becoming fairly substantial , very time consuming and fairly demanding undertaking. Waiting around for someone to turn up and pay - who may or may not actually turn up, was becoming a bit unrealistic going forward. No shows etc are a big issue - and this will help with that. The movement towards a pre paid sub - also keeps people committed from the off.

So thanks again to all.

A reminder that we will be moving to far more Thread based engagement - so please read any information posted here or on the App.

Thanks again to all the committee who are working on a few more items coming.

1) Prizes

2) Society Clothing

3) Teaching Session at an outing

4) The Friday social and golf

I'm also working on a few ideas to get people posting.

Anyway - more to follow - please read the important posts above - (If anyone has any real issues with using the system - help is available).

Thanks again,

Fix

Most importantly - get out and practice. Putting off the green and bunker shots again this week is the homework.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Great work by all. Looking forward to being back on the road soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Sorry guys too fast. Set up on app ,purse charged.

Hopefully get a time. Weekend break in the capital to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭CONSI

Great work guys, looks great, fingers crossed for a tee time now. Playing this weekend, first round of 2022 so hoping the swing hasnt gone too rusty over the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pakman

Should have said 'too much to read right now'. Just wanted to make sure I was added to any lists if time was an issue.

Point taken though. Read and joined up.

Guys we have 40 slots for first outing so a sizable amount- obviously first two outing in Dublin area and at top level courses - but as the year goes on, with the courses involving more travel (for the Dubs) - there will be far less people at outings (Dubs don't travel or need to 😛).

It has been very difficult to judge numbers over the last few years - covid etc.

But we will update as we know more after 2nd or 3rd outing.

We are not a society that can have much more then the numbers planed - is a very long day with travel. But we will endeavor to facilitate as many as possible / everyone.

I'll start an actual Portmarnock Links outing thread soon enough. Thanks for all the feedback and enthusiasm.

Fair play pakman.

Not pointed at you (I include myself) - we all (not all) have become a bit lazy at actually reading stuff. A feature of social media , whatsapp, too much information , covid head etc.

I've set a task this year, of actual re-engagement with the English language and communication , focus on things.

For another time - but again , will be part of the society to use the forum as a space to get to know people, get a feel for how the day went. It is a fascinating aspect of the society , to have a perception of someone , how accurate / inaccurate that is , is one of the best parts of this society.

The written word, whilst it can be stunning , moving , inspirational - can be harsh and lacking real context and the important non verbal aspect.

Sorry - a bit of a tangent there 😂

We will put a link to the instructions for ClubNet on the new thread also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭blue note

I'll see what I can make, but I suspect I'll be one of those Dubs who won't travel. I hate to admit it being a proud Waterford man, but it's true. Portmarnock is a driver and a 3 wood away, so that's definitely handy enough for me. Carton House and Headfort are about 40-50 minutes away, so they should be grand to make too. I'm not sure how easily I'll get to the Tipp courses or Greystones on the Friday, but I'll see closer to the time. I'll definitely make an effort for Tullamore though. I just love that course. And for the captains because it's the captains.

I'm actually wondering how much golf I'll get to play in my home club this year. I'm rationed to at best a round every fortnight. I'll have the boards golf, two separate nights away with friends for golf, I'll try to play down home at least once, I still have that voucher for the links. I wonder will I only get to play the home course once a month.

Ladies and gents, subs are now live and I see that some of you are already paying them, many thanks for your swiftness

NB you will have to pay your sub before you can book any tee times

you also must have sufficient funds in your purse to book a tee time.

Golfgraffix has been very good to us allowing access ClubNet but there are some unavoidable fees involved, one being a charge every time you top up your purse. For this reason, we have put in place a minimum top up of €100, just in case you are wondering!

when you are booking your tee time, you must add in the 2’s option if you want to join it. This cannot be done afterwards at the moment. If you forget to tick option I think you need to remove your booking and rebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Subs paid. Huge thanks to all involved in getting this setup. Its obvious to see the amount of background work being done and it's much appreciated.

Really looking forward to the first outing now. I grew up in Portmarnock but its been a couple of years since I played the Links. All I can say is pray the wind is low 🙏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭willabur

Signed up also.

Trojan work lads, hugely appreciated. Looking forward to teeing it up

Savage going folks. 16 paid up subs so far and a few purses getting topped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭CONSI

All done

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rainbow Warrior

Subs paid. Thanks to everyone involved in getting the app up and running and for the organising of the 2022 tour! schedule!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭boccy23

Done and done. Thanks everyone. Appreciate all the hard work by everyone. Looking forward to the days out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭swededmonkey

All signed and paid up. Looking forward to getting involved

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭athlone99

Great work everyone, fair play.

I'll hopefully get back this year but looks like i wont be able to make the first 2 events anyway so may wait on the Subs and if the rest of the year opens up I'll sign up in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Looking forward to a full year golf and nice app Golgraffix

Will it be possible to get more time if numbers committed ,exceed the 40.

• Advertisement

We will look at all options if that happens - people will have to keep in mind their sub is for the year. It is tricky to organize a society around massive demand for 1 or two outings.

But we are keeping an eye on things and will update when we have a feel for total number of paid up members.

Early days yet.

Advertisement