Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW22 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Doing Chalobah to Lowton. I know Burnley are in a rut, but Leicester are decimated with injuries, and the Watford game is a six-pointer, so actually fancy them to keep at least one CS in the two home games this GW. EDIT: if Burnley-Leicester is off, I will go premium with TAA.

Need to part with Son, and contemplating either Greenwood, Bruno or Lucas Moura. Can't decide, but it will be one of the double GW-ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Im losing my mind here. Was doing so well but with my team looking like a red traffic light, I need some serious help.

Ramsdale, Sanchez

White, TAA, Cancelo, Johnson, Livramento

McGinn, Bissouma, Salah, Jota, Son

Jesus, Pukki, Dennis

Its a mix of red and yellow! 2 FT and 2.4 in the bank. I need to ship out Son, and get a decent striker in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Not sure what to do tbh, massive red arrows and lost ground in leagues after last nightr.... currently have 2FT and 1.9M in the bank and this shower:

Have both Free Hits left, spent a few mins on a draft there and came up with this, would be aiming for a 3-4-3 with a strongish bench in case of postponements.. Tielemans and Jorghino on pens apparently. All feedback welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I have 2 FH's and looking to reluctantly take one this week.

Current team is alright but feels like I'll be seeing a red arrow if I don't go for it and rather keep the momentum.

Current team is (3 Doubles)

DDG (Sanchez)

Cancelo, TAA, Dias, Coufal, Reguilon

Sissoko, Jota, Bowen, Bernardo (Salah)

Antonio (Watkins, Pukki)

FH team (9 doubles)

DDG (Sanchez)

TAA, Reguilon, Alonso, Varane (Tsimikas)

Lucas Moura, Jota, Maddison, Bowen (Brownhill)

Ronaldo, Kane, Dennis

Not sure who to captain, bit of a minefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

After a week of massive red arrows its hard to know what to do. Have 2FT and need to move on James, Livramento and would like to move on Gundogan and Watkins as well.

Looking at James/Gundogan to Reguilon/Maddison for now.

Is there any update on the Leicester situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Haven't seen anything on Leicester yet. Hopefully we get some sort of a hint today or before the deadline at the least.

Can Leicester afford another postponement? Especially after the uproar over how the last one was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Son>Maddison and Watkins>Ronaldo, is what I'm currently thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sounds like Leicester will have some players back & enough to make the game go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Looking to get a forward in for the DGW from the following. Lukaku, Ronaldo, Kane, and Maupay. Any thoughts welcome.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭sully123

Think it will be Son - Maddison.

Tempted to double capt. Ronaldo but with his injury concerns and the way villa owned them on Monday I think I best hang on to it.

I'll leave courtinho till next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

I'm very similar to you, 3 DGWer's.

On a good buzz at the moment after Bowen and want to maybe drive it on now and use my FH (have 2 FH's) and the template team I done earlier is near identical to the above. It's a pure punt with a Leicester asset's, if they pick up injuries at weekend, will their game with Spurs even go ahead? And then we have the out of form Ronaldo.

But I feel we could have a DGW / TGW in 23 and might need the 2nd FH for BGW 27 also.

I nearly want someone to make up my mind.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

It depends on how strong your normal team is. I'd be subbing out the likes of TAA, Cancelo, Foden, Jota, Bowen, DCL and Antonio who are all on good form(bar DCL) and have good fixtures so I dont think it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Pressed the Free Hit Button so here goes:)……

Currently on

De Gea

TAA Sanchez Alonso

Lucas Moura,Jota,Maddison,Bowen

Kane Ronaldo Dennis

Subs- Sanchez Gordon,Cucurella,Dias.

Concerns would be if TAA actually is fit to play?….if Ronaldo will be fit and perform well in both Utd games?…..and if Dennis will be fit to play both games?

Toying with idea of going with Maupay rather than Ronaldo who has two tricky away games v Villa and Brentford.

Maupay has both Crystal Palace and Chelsea at home who aren’t great defensively lately and he is in form.

Appreciate anyones thoughts on my FH selection.

If fit I will give Dennis the armband….could wreak havoc v Newcastle and Burnley,failing that I will go with Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Of them I'd probably go Kane but any thinking on Daka?

Only logging in for the first time since accidentally wildcarding instead of Free Hitting. I actually had my second best GW taking despite having 3 Evertonians yielding 3 points between them the Brentford keeper and couple of other not so helpful players. I was hoping to start to tidy up that mess this week but will have to sell Son.

I got Son when he was 0.6m lower but needs must. Was considering Lookman but with Daka back so probably starting up front I think I'll go Maddison. I hope Son doesn't lose his 0.1 gain tonight as that will hit my sell on price. He doesn't look like dropping just yet but is heading that direction. Anyone want to make a call on if he'll drop tonight as I really want to hold transferring until tomorrow? Never mind, Maddison is going up tonight so I'll probably do that transfer later.

Might consider then taking a -4 as part of the clean up effort or to try and take advantage of the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Have decided to use my first free hit this week since it seems worth while to fill up the team with double game week players to try make up for the red arrow in the game week just gone. Mostly just going for the scout selection players:

De Gea,

Alexander-Arnold, Rudiger, Emerson-Royal

Maddison, Mount, Lucas Moura, Jota

Ronaldo, Kane(c), Dennis

Guaita, Alonso, Cucurella, Sissoko

Kind of reluctant to give the armband to Kane but don't really trust Maddison or Ronaldo either so seems like the least worse option. Would be an easy decision to give the armband to Dennis if he had not been taken off early in the last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Do you think Daka being available will effect whether or not Tielemans is on penalties?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Haven't a clue tbh....heard it on a podcast the other day that himself and Jorghino will be on pens and are both bonus points kings if they score.

Is there an argument to be made for Lukaku over Kane/Ronaldo??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I see a lot of Jota in the FH teams.

Id be reluctant to go with him for a SGW with both Salah & Mane out and there being plenty of other DGW options.

Id contemplate Daka but the FH team of 3 forwards picks itself - Kane, Ronaldo, Dennis.

My midfield is most likely going to be Moura, Tielemans, Maddison & Barnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'll DM you my FH team tomorrow, you copy it and that's your team for the GW. Made up your mind for you. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Three Leicester mids not overkill? Think I'll get in Luke Thomas myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Free hit

Sanchez steele

Trent cucurella Thomas Emerson lowton

Moura Madison jota Bowen gray

Ronaldo Kane king

Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

You're probably right on Jota. Especially after that lacklustre performance tonight. Think I'm gonna ditch him on the FH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

A bit bullish on Brighton D but hard to recommend alternative.

I'd consider Trossard Alonso and Mount. DDG/Kepa perhaps

I'm in the Dennis camp .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Will Alonso play the 2 games?

Trossard not a bad shout.

Is there a worry Arsenal - Spurs could get called off now as Arsenal don’t have many senior players left tonight after the injuries & red card. Basically 4 senior players on bench were defenders & 2 players went off injured & Xhaka will be suspended

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I haven't looked tbh. Waiting for info tomo. I assumed Alonso came on as a sub because I saw pictures of him shaking hands at full time midweek. That would bode well.

Yeah updated covid news needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Wondering if Kane is a better option than Ronaldo this gameweek?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

That's it, I've TAA, Jota, Bowen, Antonio, Cancelo, Dias, Rudiger and even Maupay on a good day.... A FH team lets me have players I am never gonna want to hold! I'll sleep on it. Will be a last min FH, deadline tomorrow might catch a few out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

fg played

de gea

curarella sanchez lowton alonso

moura maddison bowen

ronnie kane dennis

benched sanchez mbuemo tielemans rudiger tempted to switch in tielemans in favour of alonso

It's now or never for captain kane given his great record v leic and how many injuries arse have along with just a 3 day rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Well thats it then. Wildcard played:

Sanchez (Ramsdale) - Still not sure on this yet

Johnson, White, TAA, Cancelo

Moura, Maddison, Jota, Mount

Dennis, Kane (C)

Advertisement