Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS Debit Card PIN Issues

• 14-01-2022 2:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,631 ✭✭✭✭

Received my new EBS debit card, and with it a letter telling me that instead of being issued a new pin code via letter as in the past, the old one will be aligned to it automatically once I actually activate it…

problem is I used that card maybe twice last year, early in the year and I’m unsure of the pin.

anyone know if EBS would reset my pin by going into a branch with my new card, two forms of photo ID plus a bank statement and the letter ?

or do I need to go through a rigmarole of contacting card services by phone where if my memory is right they’ll ask for the old pin anyway !

any advice appreciated..

( not happy as obviously another cost savings measure to save xxx,xxx letters and reprogramming cards )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Last time it happened to me many moons ago, I just went to the bank with ID and new PIN posted out - EBS don't have online banking or an app do they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,631 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They have online banking and some kind of app that both are being slated as horrible to use..

grand thanks, as long as I don’t need to get the card replaced…just a new pin in the post, perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Friend just moved to them and thought they told him they don't have it but maybe there is an option to reset the pin there - they're free to bank with so guess you can't complain too much about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There is no app and the website is not mobile friendly, you only ever see a landscape screen so the assumption is that you're on a laptop or a large tablet.

On the PIN issue, I'd just phone them and ask them to post you a new one. The worst they can do is tell you to visit a branch with the card and photo ID.

Advertisement