Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Thanks, Andy. Probably being a bit eager on my side, really! In fairness they were very pleasant to deal with on the phone, I think I messed some stuff up early on by mistakenly switching from HP to Cash and it wouldn't let me change back 🤦‍♂️

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

^^ I was the exact same.. I ordered the car and then wanted it immediately!! I was initially given a delivery date in April, but then after I ordered I saw my exact spec show up in inventory, so hassled them a bit and got that inventory car matched to my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Well I was thinking that 8/900 units wasn't that bad when.....

Entry level is just under 50 k.

Its not a mainstream brand to many Irish drivers. Think BMWs in the early 90s.

Only main sales centre.

I understand that inspite of everything - Model 3 still got number 3 in EV sales as a model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

There is an article in electrive about VW sales, and globally they didn't do as great as here. Around 260k units I think. Interesting to see 1% of global sales on our shore. Skoda with 260 out of 44k is at 0.6%, Audi 360 vs 82k at 0.4% and Porche 80 out of 41k at 0.2%. Separately BMW 156 out of 103k sold 0.15%. Tesla has 863 vs 936k globally or 0.09%. We'll need to look at the UK/DE figures for context.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Yeah it's interesting to see the VW preference here compared to other countries.

Compare the UK even. Model 3 was 3rd best selling car overall but ID4 wasn't even in top 10 selling EVs!

• Advertisement

Couldn't find a drill down by brands for the UK market. Just for m3 which got 3.2% of the Tesla global sales. Id3 has 11k units but id4 not even 5k which is the number for the 10th place.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

Email received from Tesla a short while ago with SEAI grant questions and signature request.

“as we are expecting our next vessel of Model 3s to arrive shortly”

Is this just a formality, did anyone else with an order get an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

The last OTA update added tidal.com streaming, which I believe is lossless.

I'm also getting deja-vu on this thread. I ordered in 2017 and we spent ~6months before the actual delivery in March 2020 trying to figure out where the cars were, how they would be delivered and if we'd be one of the unlucky ones to get a lemon.

I called on Monday and after that call they sent the SEAI stuff along with my Hire Purchase documentation. She said end of February for delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭carsfan2

this is a very interesting comparison. Makes the long range look poor value in Ireland

• Advertisement

Bit unfair to penalize larger batteries by charging to only 90%. At the end of the day it was a long drive so you prepare accordingly. That is 8kWh for P or one third of L24.

I'd like to see one video about vampire drain. I left the cars untouched for 14 days over the holidays. Tesla lost about 30% while Kona just 1%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Our M3P lost 1% over 3 weeks in the airport car park. We shut down the Tesla app on our phones though. Did you have yours running?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That's a consistent message being passed through YT, from a range perspective the LR not worth it here, especially as you lose the €5k grant

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Bjorn did one, M3 had basically no loss over couple of weeks, you need to completely let it sleep though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

If you leave the sentry mode running the battery drains more but I don't know how quickly as we have sentry disabled at home and I haven't paid attention to it when traveling. I have actually been pleasantly surprised on the low vampire drain on Model 3 as I expected it to perform much worse than the LEAF we had before (on which there never was any).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

The LR is awful value here in Ireland since the new battery tech was put in the base model.

unless you somehow need that extra 90km all the time (which also means you’re charging the battery to a less desirable 100% all the time), then it’s just €15k more for the very same car. Nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

LR: The same car but with 50% more power. Bit like saying that a Golf GTi is the same car as 1.0 TSi and actually worse as the range is less.

Edit: I do agree that the value of the LR is not great with the current small LG battery but hopefully that won't be the case for much longer. The rumour says that the 2022 LR has about 5 kWh bigger LG battery than the the 2021.

Yes the app was on but no sentry. I opened the app around 5 times in 14 days mostly to show the functionality during some conversations. Last summer for the same period the drain was around 10%. First time I opened, found the message that there is an update so definitely the car connected with mothership beforehand. As a side note the car has great connectivity. Usually parked underground where my phone reports no coverage (either vodafone/3) but this thing can live stream images. I know Bjorn's video but he cut mobile access to the car completely which probably I could have done.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

in summer 2020 I parked the car in Carrick-on-Shannon at the boat rental place for 6 days with Sentry Mode on.. lost 50% of battery (~275 sentry events)

Last October I left the car on the driveway for 7 days with no sentry mode and it lost 2% (I checked it a few times on the app).

I think the app might attempt to connect to the car on its own, since you'd have some notifications, if the app is running. You have to fully kill the app on the phone, and also remember to do that again if the phone is restarted...

Did you trigger the software update remotely by any chance while away?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

Hi Rocky, when you say you shut down the app on your phones, do you mean you just didn't open the app or did you un-install the app or something?

Just don't open the App

Correct point, from a RANGE perspective it's silly, I would assume there are interior upgrades too like premium sound but can't find a list anywhere

Bjorn disabled mobile access from the car which I think is the cleanest way. Stopping the app on the phone is not really under our control as some apps could restart themselves. Maybe if you log out from it.

The app on Android annoys me that it has this persistent notification that it is disconnected from the car. Duh I'm 2000 km from it I don't expected Bluetooth to be connected. In retrospect I think I should have disabled calendar sync. Probably every morning the car would have waken up to pull up the daily events.

Yes, went to Apps -> Tesla -> Force stop.

Good point about syncing calendar, I don't have it synced, maybe that also helped... But didn't disable remote connectivity on the car itself, the 1% drop might have happened when I started planning the journey back while on the bus to the car park 😀

Just got a VIN assigned in source code

What spec and when did you order? I don't have anything in mine yet (22nd November, White SR+, Aero wheels). AIB are currently processing my HP as Tesla reached out to me for clarification earlier so maybe it wouldn't appear until that is approved.

and to follow-up, apparently it’s an AMD car:

• Advertisement

Ordered 30th October, originally as a white SR+, Aero wheels - changed colour to MSM in late December and revised the model to a RWD.

Only in source code so far, no official VIN confirmation / delivery estimate received yet

Cash is the method of payment

Advertisement