Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeymoon during Covid

Options
  • 14-01-2022 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering that couples are doing with Honeymoons during Covid ,

Are people still traveling far and wide ?

Also are couples leaving more time between there Wedding day & honeymoons , I say that because surely your wedding day with people in attendance you run a higher risk of actually catching Covid & possibly not being able to travel if your honeymoon is a few days later ?

Just interesting to hear how couples are approaching it ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

We got married last may, postponed from may 2020. We only had 6 guests so had reception in November last year for all the rest of our friends and family. The we had an irish mini moon in August and the plan is/was to have our honeymoon in April/May this year. We had originally planned to honeymoon in Japan but i know they wont be opening their borders any time soon so we are now trying to decide where to go instead and if we will be able to travel this year. My husband is leaning towards staying in Europe where I do want to go further a field but its hard to know where the world will be at come April/May so a little hesitant to book something.

Very intersted to hear what others are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

We are planning on doing a minimoon 3 days after the wedding in early June off to a small Villa in Nerja for 10 days with the kids ,

A bit nervous of it being so close to the wedding ,

Then holding out for a proper "Honeymoon big trip " without the kids in 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

We had our wedding in September 2021, which was our 3rd attempt, one year after our original date. We decided to stay in Ireland for our honeymoon, given everything that is going on. We did 2.5 weeks, headed west and then up to Donegal.

I'd be lying if I said it was my ideal honeymoon, but we did have a great time! And we actually relaxed more than we would have on a foreign honeymoon. When we travel abroad, we always try to do and see as much as we can. But we didn't feel the same pressure to fit everything in in Ireland and went at a more comfortable pace.

We went straight after the wedding, but we felt better knowing that we could drive home in a matter of hours if needed if we got sick.

We did consider going abroad, but I just couldn't handle the stress on top of everything else. It's meant to be fun, but I would've just been worried about further changes in travel rules, restrictions, getting sick and being stranded abroad etc. There's enough to be worrying about planning a wedding during a pandemic without adding extra stress in top of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AnneG21

Oh I'm also really interested to hear peoples thoughts and plans. We got married in October 2021 and we were hoping to go for honeymoon in June 2022. Started researching Bali this week but then it looks like at the minute it's 7 days quarantine for all visitors. June is far away though too and lots can change. Is it worth risking booking with the hope that it'll be lifted come June? Again really interested to hear other peoples thoughts and plans. Would love to go further afield than Europe if we could at all. SEA even although it looks like those borders are closed at the minute too.

Advertisement