Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW22 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

DGW FH team is what now...

3x Spurs (playing sh*t, minus Son)

3x Man Utd (playing sh*t, minus Ron)

3x Chelsea (Poor fixture V City)

2x Watford (Might not double)

And a bench with some Brighton players etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I think I'll go ESR to Olise. I've liked the look of him for a while and think he could be better value than Gallagher. With Arsenal game in doubt I might take Son out for a hit to make sure I have 11 in case White doesn't play. Brighton or Chelsea midfielder likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

When you write it out, it is not too appealing. And Ron now a risk also!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Well unless you get that clueless ref from the AFCON you will get in bother for starting with 12 men!😉

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Wouldn't be surprised if spurs don't have a double either is Leicester call off the mid week match.

Getting really sick of matches being called off at this stage. I've climbed the ranks a lot but a lot of the enjoyment is gone from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Took a -4 hit bringing in Moura and Lowton for Son and Chalobah. Because of course I did. Burnley's midweek game better go ahead now, otherwise it's a wasted gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It's Burnley that called off the match not Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Brighton without Bissouma and Mwepu. Careful with picking their defenders without their better defensively able mids.

Thinking of punting on Mac Allister for them. 3 games in a row and played well in them and I've been following his slower than expected progress years so now my chance to back him for 1 or 2 games until he becomes Salah again I guess.

Or maybe be more sensible and get Moura or Mount as short termers instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Another here in the Son to Maddison boat from last night, thought Id get away with it. Have Kane and Royal too and it looks like Arsenal are likely to not play that as they are down to 12 players. I still dont want to free hit so might just suck up a bad week, lots of others probably in the same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Watford v Burnley has to be a doubt now too. Nightmare planning anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

That makes me slightly less angry so, I brought in maddison when I heard Rodgers saying they had players back yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

No idea what to do now

Team is in disarray, but not worth wasting fh for this week, but the team still needs work.

And I won't benefit from a wild card for another few weeks or so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

My current team isn't in bad shape but still not convincing, a FH team would look better obviously but so much doubt.

Too much uncertainty but thing to remember is that everyone is in the same boat.

It's a serious minefield and a good score will most likely be down to simple luck, could just be a low scoring DGW regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

Thinking of using free hit and starting with 3 each from Utd, Chelsea and Spurs.

Is the double game week worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Using my Free Hit, as I used my FT on Salah to Son and we all know how that worked out, also without 3 others...

So currently looking at

De Gea (Sanchez)

Emerson Royal Alonso TAA (Cancelo)(Coufal)

Maddison Bowan Lucas Moura Fernandes Trossard

Dennis Kane ( Rodriquez)

Concerned about Fernandes and his poor form

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

There'll be no DGW for Spurs if Arsenal can't field a team. It's going ahead at the moment but in the next 2 days while they're not going to get any players back in that time they do have the risk of more Covid positives.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭SkySter

Thinking Son to Mount (C) and maybe Watkins to Dennis. Will hold off until the last minute. Won't be doing a FH anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

So that team didn't last long with the quickly evolving Covid situation!🙄

So here goes again!

De Gea

TAA Royal Alonso

Mount Bruno Moura Jota

Kane(C) Maupay(v) Dennis an

Bench- Sanchez Varane Cucurella Gordon

If it looks this evening like Spurs game v Leicester might be off I will bring in Big Rom for Kane

and Bowen for Moura and Keane from Everton for Royal as they play a toothless Norwich side.

Would keep Dennis v Newcastle, even though its likely their game v Burnley might go.

Think I would captain Maupay as a punt.

What are others on Free Hit doing as regards Spurs assets?

Chancing it to keep them or moving out?

Best of luck to all the FH folks anyway😉

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

That's what I've been thinking re Spurs. It's not impossible that a DGW player from Spurs might end up with 0 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Im now on FH:

DDG (Bachmann)

Cucurella Alonso Trent (Cathcart Tsimikas)

Bruno Pulisic Trossard MacAllister (Dewsbury Hall)

Lukaku Ronnie (c) Dennis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking I'll just move on James and Livramento now that Maddison will only have 1 game. Looking at Cucarella and Regulion currently but with Spurs game in doubt its hard to commit. If ever a GW didnt need a Friday night game!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HenrysLeftHand

Am I right in saying it's likely only Brighton, Chelsea, Man Utd and Brentford will end up with a double game week?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Even the midfield mastero McTominay is out for the first dgw so can't bring him in for Son. Fml.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Thinking of bringing in mount and giving him the armband?

thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

My head is wrecked, I still have Salah and Son and no premium forward. 2 x FH and 2 FT this week

So to summarize:

Ronaldo is out (?)

Kane likely to have only one game

Lukaku will have DGW but 2 blanks around the corner

Leicester likely to have one game

Arsenal possibly no game...

I'm about 60% leaning towards making 2 or 3 transfers and saving the Free Hits for a future catastrophe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

All my plans for this week out the window. My Captain choice all over the place. Any chance of someone with the skills can stick up a quick captains poll. Currently between Dennis and Bowen for me.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement

I'm hoping one of the Spurs games happens which is making me think strongly about Bench Boosting -

Team is currently -

Sánchez

Keane Cancelo Reguilón

Jota Bowen De Bruyne Gray Maddison

Calvert-Lewin Dennis

Bench is - Fernandez, Antonio, Laporte, Coufal

I've played the chip on worse weeks. Imagine - I could get 4 goalkeeper clean sheets 😂

Advertisement