Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skylark - Portmarnock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 P0rtmarn0ckRes

Not very reassuring to see someone getting their window replaced on the road this morning - I’ve heard of a few issues with windows in Dun Si, has anyone here had a problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

Thanks for that. Does anyone know what the street in the first few seconds is all about? Is it social housing? Private rentals?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ChicoCannon

I believe the street behind Park Gate is largely bought for private rental, there are some showing on Daft.ie now for just under €2.5k p/m.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Hi all,

Did anyone who has moved in already have the manual for the heat pump? We don't have one, so wanted to check before we ring up.

Also has anyone installed any water softeners yet or considered it, and if yes, any recommendations would be great.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 lprasad

We had water softeners and RO installed last week by Celtic water solutions. The installation work was done in 4 hours including drilling the wall and putting an extra small tap for RO water. If you want to have the installation done just below the main kitchen sink the work can be shorter which means you may have to shift the trash bins elsewhere

Hey Folks. If anyone is passing by the new phase could you possibly take a wee picture as I haven't got near it in a while? EA said potentially snagging from mid-march but I think that is unlikely.

Also...looks like we're getting a Centra:

Centra agrees to anchor retail centre at St Marnock’s Bay residential scheme (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/centra-agrees-to-anchor-retail-centre-at-st-marnock-s-bay-residential-scheme-1.4788095

Post edited by Snugbugrug28 on

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

Thanks for posting that, its good to have a shop close for the daily needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fabo000

Anybody has an idea of the price ranges for the new phase to be launched this spring? Tried to reach the agent but didn't have much luck. Thanks!

Yep and what remains is to be either

1/Medical Centre or Pharmacy

2/Cafe or Restaurant

Sincerely hope for medical centre and restaurant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Royalshiva

Guys ,

I am not able to install the water filter since the EWT guys couldn't access the main pipeline beneath the kitchen sink. The waste pipe is blocking access. Now I have to shift the waste pipe by privately calling a plumber 😟

I had issue with smoking alarm wires which were very near to the attic door which had to be shifted (Again privately by hiring an electrician)

I am not sure if they do this on purpose while building to get more work or simply lack of planning.

These are basic things which I think should be taken care while constructing the house.

Also did anybody notice the walking wardrobe , there is a small cabinet with holes which they said should be accessible since main wirings are there. That means literally you have one side for storage in the front since the heater and the door are on the opposite side. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong here.

No idea , might be try o contact Darren Kelly if Savills don't reply. He looks to me quite a nice guy.

Usually they don't tell the prices before its close to launch but he should be giving you a range .

I saw some instruction manual on top of the heatpump.. Never bothered reading it. Will check and let you know. Its given me error twice till now and I just reset it and it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dietstern

From today - scaffolding down on the first two. Fingers crossed well all be snagging late march

That is SO great to see. Hopefully the rest progress quickly too.

Do the rest of the group think late March is feasible for snagging based on what they see here?

Thanks Dietstern!

Would this stuff not be picked up in the snag?

Not really... since usually you might miss it until you consider putting water filter or something.. but worth checking these stuff during snag.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gilly047

I was thinking snagging in early to mid April and be moving in some time in May 😊 But I hope your date is correct for snagging 😊

My head says May, my heart says April :)

Compared to the last phase I'm hoping April based on:

1/ Foreman told me in December we'd be in late q1 if not early q2

2/ Supply chain issues that impacted the last phase should be ironed out

3/ Less houses in this phase may mean opening up is easier

4/ As its basically a one sided street the Electrics should be certified and switched on in one foul swoop

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ANKU

Can I ask snagging of which phase we are talking about here, 1C ??

• Advertisement

Yes. 1c. Houses 8-15 or so of Skylark Park View.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MArk2486

Hi All!

I for one think the Phase naming is very confusing 😂 - considering the whole of Skylark is technically Phase 1C, and the new planning permission is 1D, I thought it may be easier to visually show the sitemap and we can refer to it from there.

• C1 are all built and moved into! Congrats and hope you are all enjoying the new place!
    • C2 was the next release and they seem to be flying along and I believe these are the ones due for snagging next been referred to above?
    • C3 is where we have purchased, and based on the numerous times we drive-by, are moving really quickly since early Jan. One change here is the road called Bothar Cadhan (Gaelic), which has been officially renamed as Brent Road the english translation.
    • C4 seems to be a mixture of Rental and potential next release in Q1 and looks to be at snagging and finishing

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Baroudeur

Thanks Mark - that does make it a bit clearer! We've also bought in C3, so it's good to hear it's progressing nicely.

You brought order to chaos. Thanks for clearing that up 😊

Anyone know how C2 is advancing? Do they have scaffolding down on any more houses now?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gilly047

Much Appreciated Gilly047

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

Excellent video @Tazium. Loved the close up coverage of Phase C2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

how's everyone settling in?

Advertisement