Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A lame duck, OT again and maybe a lady in a bubble: The Late Late Show 14th January 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

it’s all mens fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭jluv

Aisling didn't just meet a man. She met a monster..I feel the bandwagoning of "man fear" is actually disrespectful. I went on my walk today, in an area not unlike an area that she would have been in. I said hello to a lot of people, felt as safe as I ever would. Could I meet a monster? Unlikely but not impossible..but for heaven sake it's being played like practically all men want to hurt women.. from my point of view this woman on now..nora? Is totally using this tragedy to force her agenda..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This is disgraceful. Nobody to actually ask tough questions or challenge these divisive agendas..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Noeleen reckons Ryan could harm her at will.

I doubt it.

I'd say any one of these 3 ladies would fcuk him up *"#@

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Corby Trouser Press

This is an absolute disgrace.

A young person is dead

A killer is on the loose

SHUT THE F*CK UP WITH YOUR AGENDAS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I’m sorry but as a man I feel no responsibility for stopping the likes of the scumbag who killed poor Ashling.

The current narrative being discussed now is that the violence is being caused by men being threatened by women progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Nothing has changed, humans will be humans and since year dot there has been senseless violence.

I don't think they understand humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Why was Jastine Valdez murder not given the same attention as this? Was it because she's not Irish?

I felt sick to the stomach when Valdez was murdered in those circumstances just the same as I do now with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Wait until the full details are released on the latest developments, anger will turn to absolute fury locally, I'll say no more but the Narrative blaming all Men will quickly move swiftly onto two entirely different & distinct issues often in the headlines with rarely anything ever done about them .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I heard somebody blaming schools & how we as a society raise boys earlier.

I'm really not trying to antagonise anyone here, I'm genuinely just saying that doesn't make sense to me on account of the fact that more men come out of it all being decent human beings (so there must be some other factors). Unless I'm completely naïve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

This argument /slash/ persecution against men is very one-sided.

I'm a man. I'm not a rapist and my behaviour is always decent. Please don't castrate me.

Well at least the four women are talking there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Police are looking for information!

If you have a cock and balls hand yourself in for the sake of women everywhere...

Absolutely spot on.

it’s why we’re bloody here, or part of why!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sorry to say, but some of these are attempting to hijack the circumstances for their own agenda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This is absolute poison

I hope young men with little world experience are not watching this and taking it at face value

Educate yourselves about who these people actually are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I think there should be a curfew on us. To be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Well at least we have not got any fecking poems ...... yet

I find the hashtag extremely crass too. #shewasgoingforarun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Ryan Tubridy doesn't have a marble between his legs to disagree or challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Mother of God will this nonsense ever stop 😡

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Charlamagne tha God

I think part of the outpouring is due to the fact that apart from the dreadful tragedy of the horrendous and shocking crime, Ashling represents the best of us: young, talented, kind, clearly beloved, and emblematically "Irish" given her music and publicised GAA associations. She was from a country town and stayed there, building a good and rich life within her community, whilst giving back to it. The Irish Marianne in a way.

I think Ireland has been a bit afloat and adrift past two (plus) years, who are we without xyz etc... And has experienced to huge demographic and cultural changes over the past 20. There is a bit of an identity crisis - and a tragedy like this draws reflexive "is this who we are now?" shock.

These wans and Tubridy are driving me *%^&ing insane with their nonsense though, so over and out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Rather than a vigil, we we're assured that that man wasn't involved in any criminality himself.

He hardly got the status of victim - the most he got was an affirmation that he wasn't a criminal

• Advertisement

I feel the LLS would lower one's IQ tonight.

Said this to my wife a few moments ago.. we are trying to deny humanity and all its hues. We can't educate or talk deviancy and the defective genes that exist amongst us out of existence.

Beautiful voice on her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭sporina

No disrespect towards Aisling and her family - its just horrific and condolences to her family and friends - but I have to say, I have been feeling uneasy about all the media coverage on this story.. I don't recall the same outrage when Micheal Tormey was shot dead in Ballyfermot last week.. in my eyes - wasn't his life as important as Aisling's? Just being honest - thats my gut on it..

Is this competition open to men as well tonight?

• Advertisement
    M

MM can't believe his luck, a nice handy number interview awaits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

If only we'd asked thieves not to rob in school, I could go out tonight without locking my door or setting my alarm. Dont know why its taken so long to think of this

Yup.

Men are murdered so frequently due to involvement in criminality that when a man is shot, the main ooint is "he wasn't involved in criminality".

Yet I don't see Tubridy or Twitter asking the question why so many men are involved in criminality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

We have no idea who killed her other than seemingly 2 witnesses who described " a man" or what was the motive.

The first man that was in custody was guilty in most people's eyes until he was released and the Gardai had to emphasise that he was no longer a suspect.

This is a terrible tragedy but we have no idea why she was killed.

It could have been someone she knew.

It could have been completely random and by a perpetrator who's intention was to kill anyone.

There seems to be this " all men are to blame" narrative pumped up by the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Not all men are monsters, but history shows that all monsters are men.

M

Lol Wrigleys Extra PR dept will have to ditch that ad.

There's an ad just after being played, it's for Extra chewing gum.

"How do you send a flirty text" and then it shows him typing something then erasing it and says "No that's creepy" and he sends a different text.

The 3 guests would have this guy hung, clearly creepy thoughts are in his head otherwise he wouldn't have typed it in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Guaranteed MM won't be asked about Dept Foreign Affairs 'knees up' during lockdown or whether or not Leaky Leo could become Taoisaigh if he gets a criminal conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DaTown

Don't forget Reading last summer:

Khairi Saadallah murdered James Furlong, 36, David Wails, 49, and 39-year-old Joe Ritchie-Bennett, in June last year in Forbury Gardens.

London's Old Bailey previously heard the 26-year-old "executed" the men as an "act of religious jihad".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

When did it become part of the rules of the lotto that if you win you have to buy a bloody great waterslide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wouldnt have been out of place on tonights show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sully123

Is this the whole show?

I wanted to hear about KTs new baby.

It doesn't matter if she's beautiful, a good musician, good teacher etc. No one deserves to be murdered.

• The guards warned RTÉ a female might be involved so they dropped it like a bomb might go off in their hands.

M

Would MM have been briefed on what's going on in the investigation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Greenways are a stalkers dream come true

so no police on the beat…. Just programs for women…. Yep that’s going to stop violence

If she was well known in the country, this would still be excessive.

Just give everyone drugs to turn them into zombies because people with influence are acting like they were dropped out of space and have no history of the human species.

• Advertisement

Give it time. They’ll be calling for innocent lads’ banter now to be criminalised. Get off your WhatsApp groups, lads!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement