Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,976 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just to be clear, I believe PCR testing is still available albeit under serious pressure.

The point I'm raising re GP and costs is to do with obtaining a recovery cert that some will need, as Government are now pushing this absurd self registration of a positive antigen test as a purely public health measure, people solely depending on antigen tests , for whatever reason are now going to bate the costs of the Test, then an official, lab confirmed antigen test and then the cost whatever it may be to get a covid recovery cert if needed.

In essence, uploading a positive antigen test to the hse portal only facilities the HE'S data, a person can not get a recovery cert after uploading info, essentially as I've mentioned earlier a pointless exercise

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭noraos

I think alot of it is to do with the booster..you can't get booster shot if you have had it, so your cert may run out.

Non vaccinated people should be able to get it too and get a cert...

Of course they should just get rid of the cert and they wouldn't have this headache..

Only reason people want the cert. They are afraid they won't have access to restaurants etc if they need to update it! Madness

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."-Oscar Wilde

Covid pass still required..interesting...thanks for the positive news..Great distraction from the domestics here ha😁

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."-Oscar Wilde

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

They won't be included in today's figures but bear in mind today's figures are from the last few days, or even weeks possibly... Plus that's 2,500 tests that won't be included in results from the coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Don't think the COVID pass is going anywhere in Wales, although I hasten to point out that a free home antigen can be used on the COVID pass so it's less restrictive than our pass which only allows vaccinated or recovered

• Advertisement

Yes indeed , I personally don't think they'll be included for quite some time if at all, the information is not verifiable and realistically can't or should not be used in official data statistics. As it stands the official numbers can't be relied on, bit of a farce really .

O, I don't disagree , I'm just pointing out the new system isn't free and it's clear, Government, done with subsidising and paying for testing

Post edited by Dempo1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Funnily enough I can remember your tour around the same time promoting acquired herd immunity with you being asked many times since for just one example where it has been successful with this virus, and not as much as a cheep from you.

Seeing as you appear to be a bit of a Latin scholar, perhaps you could tell us what the Latin phrase primum non nocere or primum nil nocere means in relation to the field of healthcare, and then enlighten us as to how that applies to chasing herd immunity ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Dickie10

looks like ireland will be the odd ones out again , 6 nations full houses in cardiff, edinburgh , london and paris but only 5000 in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BuildTheWall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

• Registered Users Posts: 18,192 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Well that's the law in Ireland as it stands. Hopefully it will be changed soon and restrictions get lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Dickie10

5000 are allowed into outdoor gathering. we might get 8-10,000 for feb 5th v wales but christ we will look some laughing stoock to Welsh people. 2/3 empty stadium and no pubs after possibly with a bit of luck 10pm or maybe 8pm.thank God for the Brits they will actually shame us into opening

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭scrips

Ultimately they'd rather you got the booster than the cert. After all they have a lot of vaccine stocks to use up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

End of December incidentals were above 30% in the UK and rising rapidly, likely to be even more now, Ireland will follow a similar trajectory with Omicron, I don't think the real number is 58% (as that isn't a figure the report was trying to measure) but wouldn't be surprised if it was 40-50% now.

That's my thinking too..but there is a gap for some that aren't eligible for the booster as they caught vovid..

It says to wait 3 months I think after testing positive.. so if not officially positive, ( no pcr confirmed) people might get booster anyway...and I'm not sure if there are any risks involved in doing that..its all a shambles really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭growleaves

I wasn't promoting herd immunity. You're not possessed of a good memory.

You showed up in the Sweden thread in April 2020 a month after I had started posting there and after the original opening post predicting the mass death of 100s of thousands of people in Sweden had been deleted by the OP using Mod powers. The OP scarpered from the thread then later complained he couldn't get married cause the lockdowns kept going on so long.

Your lecturing on Tegnell and warning people not to compare Sweden to other EU countries (that didn't border Sweden) was a mop-up operation. Damage control, simple as.

You haven't provided the scholarly literature on lockdown before March 2020. Feel free to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

There are cheaper ways depending on what you need the cert for

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A friend of mine had Covid/light sniffles over the Christmas before he got his booster. Now he stressing out about that he can't get his booster for whatever time it is because his cert might expire.

I don't query people on why they get the vaccine/booster or why they don't get the vaccine, it's their decision but I couldnt help but roll my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Will you get up the yard. I do not need an especially good memory to remember you as one of the more enthusiastic supporters of the Gsiecke/Tegnell strategy and when it came to answering questions on that strategy, nothing has change since.

What the original poster has to do with me, I have no idea. Unless that it is something to do with the horrors of lockdown preventing the OP getting married.

I didn`t lecture anyone on Sweden. I did point out a few misconceptions people had about the Swedish strategy and the data to back it up on domestic spending, Sweden`s GDP, the real unemployment figures when furlough was taken into account, a prediction on their excess deaths for 2020, (which I did get slightly wrong by being under the final figure far as I recall) and from Sweden`s antibody test results that they were nowhere nearer herd immunity than Spain and France who were using lockdown, (where Spain especially for it`s epicentre compared to Sweden`s had better results), and neither France or Spain were even dreaming of claiming herd immunity was achievable.

There was no mop up operation. There was no need for one when Sweden published their excess deaths for 2020 which from their own figures, even with their 28 day reporting rule, showed they were the same as their Covid-19 deaths for the year. Neither was there any need for this damaging control you mention. That is unless you believe that pointing out that countries that initially went the herd immunity route had multiple deaths per capita compared to their neighbours who used lockdown was damage control. That wasn`t damage control, just stating fact, simple as.

No need to provide scholarly literature on lockdown as opposed to Sweden`s initial strategy before their local authorities put a stop to it. Already done, unless you do not understand the meaning of the Latin phrase primum non nocere in relation to the field of healthcare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

Thanks.

Where can I find confirmation of those figures?

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

Covid pass will be required for nightclubs, events, cinemas, concert halls and theatres from Jan 28th, but will be gone from regular restaurants/bars.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What's the justification for keeping it for anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The 17K-20K in official daily cases suggests we may as well wait till the end of the month anyway. They will be meeting next week and the end of the month is a week or so later. That gives the government enough time to plot the exit from this and gives dates for it. The signs are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

What the **** do you need to plot just to allow people to live normal lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

No idea what you're asking here. It's not me anyway it's all down to NPHET.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

He’s asking why they need to spend the guts of three weeks plotting to open up when they could just do it now?

They are very f*cking quick to close things and takeaway peoples livelyhoods but never quick to give back. Just open now, this is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭deholleboom

There is no justification since data from Israel showed that both vaccinated and unvaccinated spread the infection. At this point its about boosters but they dont want the unvaccinated getting clearance by getting a 'recovered' status and a cert, even though they actually have higher immunity against Omicron than a boostered vaccinated person that hasnt had the infection yet.

It is about punishment and compliance. The inbetweeners are falling through the cracks, those clearly morally entitled to a cert because both vaccinated and recently infected by Omicron. Oh, the irony.

The booster thing has got to stop. Scrap that, the Covid cert has got to go. England ahead of the posse? I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Has this been confirmed anywhere? It should be gone in all settings tout de suite.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Clear enough pal, you said we need time "plot" our way out of this nonsense, all we need to do is lift all restrictions. No plotting required.

Advertisement