Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of Garmin watch?

Options
  • 14-01-2022 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought a Garmin Foreruner watch online from Currys. It arrived Wednesday last. I unboxed it all excited to have a new sports watch since my last one broke. I honestly cant use it as text is to dull, too small and very little options to change. My eyesight is a bit dodgy, it may be an ok watch for someone without any vision issues.

So, can I put back in box and return and will Curry's accept as a return? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Currys do allow you to return online purchases even if opened to view, provided you didn’t sync it, use it, or input data. If you have, it is no longer new.

” You can examine the goods as you would in a shop but to obtain a full refund you must not start using them, install them or input any data/software. The goods must be returned in ‘as new’ condition and in their original packaging.”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Return it under distance selling rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

I changed the time and tried to change the fon size etc to make it more readable...do you know is ha ok?

If there is a factory reset function on the watch, make sure you do it before bringing it back. Technically once you start changing settings, it is no longer unused.

• Advertisement

You have a right to return items bought online under distance selling regulations within a certain timeframe, provided they are unused. This is a “change of mind” provision based on the fact that when you order online, you do not have the benefit of examining the goods prior to purchase like you would in a bricks and mortar shop.

But the issue here is that your Garmin is no longer unused, so may not qualify for return under DS regs. Curry’s t&c’s for the return of your watch is listed in my post above. If you just opened and switched it on, then you would have no issue, hopefully you still won’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

I’d say with the above info OP return and see what happens. If they say no, well you know why. Worst case, try to sell on donedeal, adverts, FB marketplace.

Thanks all...I bought from Currys online and their terms advise to fill out and online return request and await response..

That's what I've done and I await response..

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

"In accordance with your rights when you purchase goods online or over the phone, unwanted items can be returned even if you have opened them for inspection as long as you let us know within 14 calendar days from the day after delivery. Once you have told us you want to return an item, you should do so without undue delay and not later than 14 days from the day on which you informed us of your decision to cancel the order. You can examine the goods as you would in a shop but to obtain a full refund you must not start using them, install them or input any data/software. The goods must be returned in ‘as new’ condition and in their original packaging."

if you used the watch - then they may refuse a change of mind as they cannot sell it new in store. If speaking with them, i would suggest you make the point that you inspected the watch and had issues with seeing the screen & stress that point. inspected, put it back in packaging and called promptly contacted them.

Advertisement