Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday with Katie Hannon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Fantastic Picture 🤣🤣

I was fuming yesterday listening to Brophy, I bit my lip but when I saw this mornings party political broadcast disguised as a post , I was livid. Brophy''s arrogance was breathtaking 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The Minister put Whitmore in her box, Dee, and Nooze Hannon did nothing (as usual) to stop her giving out incorrect information, as outlined by Colm.

I had hoped to end this exchange on a lighter note but when some people react as if this was a major disaster kind of says something about the person.

Folk like that need to come down from the mountain and flush the bile and biliousness from their system and try to evaluate

discourse in a ,frankly more adult way.

I honestly suggest you playback the episode, your clearly trying to spin something that did not happen . Folk as you describe me can see with their own eyes that your assertion , Brophys performance was good, let alone acceptable is delusional. Your belief in the cult that is FG is clearly blinding your judgement.

Your post earlier was clearly a Stunt and FG party political broadcast , expecting no response was somewhat naive.

So here we go now, FG is ‘ cult’…. If that’s not way over the top, well, most sensible folk would, I feel, have grave doubts.

Pragmatic evaluation seems to gone out the window, fair and balanced positions seem very scarce, and there seems to be a coterie out there whose only outlook is negativity and biliousness.

People need assess themselves and support those trying to do something, not stults just interested in breaking down everything.

Lol, fair and balanced, is that what you call your assessment of Brophy performance, come now, Brendan, your obsessional support for FG is well known, just wish you'd be more transparent about your agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

No Breener, he did not, but he put Whitmore in her box, which I was more than pleased about.

Nasty piece of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

F sake!

It's after this bit that Comical B gets the hump, goes into a huff and stays in his box for the rest of the programme.

Hannon was in lightning to rescue Whitmore.

• Advertisement

The truth can be painful 😁 the Box entered was the one Brophy was put in, it's not as if the program is not available to listen back to, I actually watched it live on RTE news now and it was all the more pleasurable to watch 😁

Incredible stuff from Nooze Hannon today.

I was in the slab listening and couldn’t believe my ears.

Josepha was the ‘aunt Sally’ for today and the way Nooze weighed in with everything negative was astounding.

Everything Josepha said was shouted down by Nooze yet when ‘Up the Ra’ spoke not a word of dissention was heard.

How this person got a presenters job in RTE is a …well …a mystery to me.

She must know where some bodies are buried, to coin a phrase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Gone until until January 8th 2022 I'd imagine.

Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

To be fair Josepha was talking out of both sides of her mouth and needed to be pulled up.

• Advertisement

I missed this programme and decided to listen to the playback this morning.

Is there a more negative regressive person in all of RTE than Hannon

Everything she brings up is negative in the extreme and if anyone tries to accentuate the positive they are cut

down straight away.

However the icing on the cake was when Hannon berated Minister Thomas Byrne over the Dáil Xmas’ Holidays’ when her own state sponsored so called PUBLIC SERVICE BROADCASTER put the gaff on autopilot for around three weeks.

We have the greatest piece of hypocracy ever from these overpaid stones right there.

Luckily in we have in Thomas Byrne a person who is well able for her and the tag team she brings along.

Every time the Minister opened his mouth she allowed the others to shout him down.

Abominable biased ‘moderating’.

Well yes, we are in agreement on a number of aspects of this show, I was watching it on RTE News now and yes, the hypocrisy about Dail extended breaks when RTE news staff and generally have been awol for nearly four weeks was outrageous, indeed the 6 one team , still to return and Claire Byrne decided to breeze back into the studio last Wednesday as if she was never away, very telling on her last show a week before Christmas, no have a great Christmas listener's, see you in 4 weeks etc, she managed to sneak out the door quietly.

I do admit to being equally flabbergasted at the Dails 4 week break also.

The second item, re Funding given to schools and Katie's, back to its an airborne virus mantra was a low punch and you could tell by her facial expression and the ministers immediate terse reaction, she had over stepped the mark, objectivity had gone out the window and an advert break couldn't come quickly enough.

Very disappointing I have to say as I like Katie Generally.

Yes fair comment there D….. and indeed you very astutely spotted the time Hannon mentioned the airborne nature of the Covid disease which drew a response from the Minister which was the nearest I heard him go close to losing the cool.

He did put Hannon in her box though mentioning cleaning and sanitizers in RTE.

I meant to refer to it in my first post but you reminded me of it.

The brass necked way these people swan back after Xmas as if everyone was partying over Xmas really annoys me

and needs to be highlighted on whatever platform you can.

Well isn't it amazing, we start agreeing for the new year 😁 but yes , being completely objective it was a very ,very poor showing by Katie Hannon 😏

Now please don't think I've gone soft in 2022 Brendan 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭amlinopta

You're doing Claire an injustice there. It was Thursday when she breezed in, not Wednesday! Seems to work the teachers holidays.

• Advertisement

I apologise sincerely and am humbly chastised 😁

I actually think Teachers would blush at Claires holidays 😏

Never do,D, I will always acknowledge if I’ve been wrong and always acknowledge fair posts .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

She had a right mare yesterday.

Might have been because she didn't get as much hols as Joe, Ryan, Claire, All main RTE news presenters, All Rte Correspondents and presumably, Dee Forbes 😁

Potential fireworks today, Colm Brophy, Louise O Reilly, Rosin Shorthall . Colm is almost in the next studio, such is his effort to social distance from Louise O Reilly 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Yes they should debate culture.not so much Irish culture but maybe overseas Culture.

O, I doubt they'll go there , the narrative continues to be all men's behaviour generally.

Very disturbing and sinister email sent in, not sure if you heard that 😳

Post edited by Dempo1 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Yes I did and it didn't do men any favours.

But then again was it a man or a woman that sent that in .

Very vague but I'm presuming a male as the warning was pretty much don't be discussing negativity towards men . Quite extraordinary anyone sending such a veiled treat into a national broadcaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Many of the larger names are contracted to rte and get paid for a specific role/programme.

They are not directly employed and don't get holiday pay or rte pension.

This is often forgotten when the annual moanfest around rte salaries comes around.

As for Katie hannon, I listened once and never again.

Actually it's not forgotten, and allow me to correct you, ALL news Correspondents, All News presenters and indeed most presenters are Staffers , HIGHLY paid primarily through tax payer funded resources and Licence Fee .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Tis a typical tactic imv, pick someone on the extreme fringes (I have my doubts about the veracity of such correspondences) and place them on the alter and shout repent ye, there is a new church and it's very similar to the last, its high priests in the ngo's and suchlike are preaching to us to have a conversation but its only ever a one way conversation and we are the ones who must listen

This new Antigen test regime is just bizzare, upload your test to HSE portal for no logical reason I can think of apart from giving HSE data, people still have to get a lab confirmed Antigen or pcr test at their expense if they want a covid recovery cert and that is more expense, requesting this of GP 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Mouth almighty Brophy full of hot air and answering nothing.

O Dear, Colm stirring it 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Wasn't he on the show just a couple of weeks ago? Is he the only Government minister vain enough to give up his Saturday?

• Advertisement

I have not gotten a chance to listen to this, will do so at some stage and comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭AyeGer

As one of the politicians on the show said it’s unlikely to be 200 and more like 2 people. I’d say it’s probably one person sat in his boxers.

I agree and probably a large pair of Boxers 😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“Female journalists are all too frequently the subject of online abuse from keyboard warriors.”

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

General delight at restrictions ending , Kingston Mills, whilst happy a little surprise at the speed of the relaxing of restrictions (Have to say, I'm surprised too)

Chief moaner , Adrian Cummins on the phone, this is going to be painful, he's one clown, ill be happy never to hear from again 🙄, Wait for it , Supports and PUP should have ended yesterday 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Maklia

All on the panel still gung-ho about vaccinating kids when it has been shown that the vaccines do not stop infection or transmission.

• Advertisement

The issue is not actually transmission, the issue is getting infected and whilst most children are not severely affected , that can't be said for all . It's well known, vaccines don't stop transmission.

I hear ‘Nooze’ went all out for the Government on todays prog.

Negative Central…… big time….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

The show is just a party political broadcast on behalf of Communists in Ireland. Every show one Junior Minister no one cares about gets the **** kicked out of them by a one from the member of Sinn Fein, one from the hard line Trotskyists (PBP/RISE/Solidarity) and Katie who now makes no effort to hide her communist leanings.

At this point it's the same every week. You could play a show from 2 years ago and not notice the difference. Some of the behavior on the show is downright appalling and frequently crosses into bullying and intimidation (an episode where Brid Smith and Roisin Shorthall shouted at Jack Chambers for 60 minutes would have seen them expelled from office had the genders been reversed).

It used to be a great show taken seriously with balanced representation and heavy hitters from both sides. Now it really is time to just call it and put it out of it's misery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

I think that was Paul Murphy on today - if so, second time in a couple of days I find myself agreeing with him. First on attacking the proposed inflated spend on our defence force and second calling out the government hypocrisy when they refuse to reduce their tax take on rising energy costs.

I never agree with Paul Murphy normally. If that's any sort of random marker for the middle ground, this government is losing the dressing room.

• Advertisement
Advertisement