Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is it suicidal to go for a big player so close to TOTY? Coin wise, I mean.

Since all my IFs sold tonight with the latest 84+ player pick, I'm sitting on 1.8m. I could also sell TOTGS Bruno for an additional 600k.

Part of me is tempted to buy Mid Eusibio for the lulz. But don't want to take a gigantic hit on coins...

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

With a player that expensive, you are buying him to enjoy using the card so I'd say just go for it and don't bother checking his price for a while 🤣.

I bought mid Eusebio a while back, and that card on its own has made me enjoy fifa more, just different class.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Seriously considering running with this for the weekend. If I go with it I'll upgrade Fred to his special card.

I might also get the WW Martial instead of Solksjaer.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have 1 million in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Is FUT Champs on a Friday tough? I imagine its R9 after R9 teams 😱Normally dont get on until Saturday evening but off today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Few comments to make after using some new players the past week,

for me, renato isnt worth the coins, not as OP as last year (and really i didnt find him amazing until the Fut Bday card anyway), Gravenberch RTTK is better as a cdm at least and costs 1/10.

Messi is the goat at CAM!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Decided to grab Fire Adama and Fire Rashford, and swap from a 4231 to a 4231(1), just for a change of pace. Moved TOTGS Bruno into CDM as well.

2-2 in weekend league. So not a massive jump in results. But there's something immensely fun about hitting mad passes with Bruno out to Adama, and seeing people absolutely **** themselves at Adama's pace winning every ball. "Oh, there's no way he's getting to tha.....OH SNAP, Adama is in behind!"

Team for this weekend - looking forward to trying out Pato

did you pack Ibra or buy him, is he as good as the price??

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I forgot to finish my 9 playoff games!

I'm 5-0, can I just go and gift the 4 remaining and then redeem the token for this weekend?

Bought him - just finished his book when the card came out so it was a no-brainer ha. He is unreal - its hard to say he's worth the price when you could buy messi, neymar and mbappe and still have a mil left over for what he cost. I have mid eusebio who cost similar and ibra feels just as good on the ball + has the height and 5 star skills as well.

If you wanted to try him for a while and sell him on again then i'd hold off for a week maybe as his price has been dropping. For me, i'll be keeping him until the end of the game so it's well worth it.

Yeah or if the 4 points wont get you up another rank you can just press triangle (or xbox equivalant) to end the playoffs and get the current rewards.

I'm tempted by this POTM Sterling

85, 86 & 87 sbc's.

Only 4* 3* though compared to his WW 4* 4*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah I'll do it while I'm opening packs during TOTY with duplicates. Did Brunos without spending a coin that way last year. I looked at his WW and the extra 4 WF would be nice but a LM suits me better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Haven't partaken in any pack saving as yet. Should I save whatever I get (bar red picks) this weekend? Is it next Friday it starts?

WW is a left footer as well, compared to the rest of his cards being a righty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Packed Headliners Harry Wilson and Ollie Watkins in the couple of days - anyone used them?

Not the greatest cards and Wilson in particular will be hard to link unless I go full EFL team as I have no icons but Fulham are on a good run of form so he could get some upgrades and I seen some favourable reviews about him so might have to give him a go as a super sub.

I can fit Watkins in better as I have a full PL team as my main squad. I’ve been going back and forth between RB Antonio and Lukaku’s gold card but maybe Watkins can usurp them. Put Antonio back in though for last weeks Rivals matches and he was on fire

First game in FUT Champs I go 2-0 down from the corner glitch used twice, so many sweats 😪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’m loving those 442 tactics someone posted a few pages back.

Really fast flowing and hammering my opponents with Maradonna/Mbappe up front and RB Bamba and Rttk Sane on the wings chipping in as well.

I’m running Cozza beside Kimpembe but I’ll might upgrade him for either that Portuguese CB from Lique 1 or rttk Marquinhos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Its that time of the week, 20 miserable matches for miserable rewards 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Can anybody tell me why there was an 83+ pack in my account, got Luis Suarez and Depay from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Sarr PL player objective in Milestones is handy as I can double it up with the Manquillo one I hadn’t touched. Only problem is the Manquillo one requires 6 wins by 2 goals - played 2 games won both after scoring the first goal and opponent quits - wins register for Sarr but not enough for Manquillo - bloody golden goal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Lads whats the story with this crap again of thegames stopping at half time and just staying like that. I thought this was fixed. Happended 2 games now and needed the wins to get champs. Ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I think I've accidentally found my new tactic in WL.

I had no time to play yesterday (or for the rest of this weekend), so went on with the intention of giving away all of my games so I could get a couple of red picks.

After giving away the first 6-8 games, at that point my ELO was so low I was being matched up against 1) awful players or 2) other players who were giving away their games too.

Such was my time constraints that I couldn't really play any of the games I definitely would have won at that point, but still ended up with 6 wins just purely from opponents having kick-off and giving away the win before I could do it, or letting me run through at kick off.

If anyone who posts on here had the time to play the games from that low ELO, you would absolutely stream roll opponents I'd imagine.

Rewards for 6 wins are: 2 x 4 red picks (which is what you get for 9 wins, the max I'd hit anyway), a 100k pack, a 50k pack and 10k coins.

Literally the only difference for getting the next rank up (9 wins) is the TOTW pack, which is 99% of the time just 3 discards anyway, and 15k more coins.

My red picks ended up being Berardi (86 overall) and Tchoumeni (84 overall).

I think this is the route I'll go from now on with busy weekends ahead and not much time for WL. Literally takes 20-30 minutes (as it gets longer to find games with such a low ELO) and you'll still get very decent rewards.

My Utd team I posted yesterday got me 3-3 before I gave up. All the games were mad high scores and the goat Jones got the first goal of the night haha I’m now up to 7-3 after changing up the squad, brought back in Silva and Jesus and they’re doing bits for me!!

After dropping Eusebio and giggs for flashbakcpato and headliners leao I struggled to 5 wins and 6 losses ( I usually don't have 6 losses after playing all 20 games). Rank 4 was looking impossible.

Brought back in Eusebio and giggs and won the last 9 games in a row to scrape into rank 4 again.

Reds were not great - 86 rated was the best from 3 picks.

Totw pack I got that 87 rated serie a defender so not too bad.

Keeping the other packs for next friday.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That Darmian card looks very good, I was going for Zambrotta in swaps but I’m taking that Darmian instead.

Might pick up Del Piero now.

Advertisement