Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Early days but looks like my signal has improved..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Same, I can sit at my kitchen table and have phone signal, wonder of wonders. Glad to have the update but waiting 6 weeks for it is bad form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

Definitely improved for me also. Just been checking around the house, signal is better than Dec update but worse than Nov on early use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Looks like I'm better too. Google had agreed to refund me this week but will keep the phone if this holds a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭micks_address

First journey I've done where android auto didn't disconnect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Still haven't updated. I'll wait a bit longer, seems like most here are getting on ok, but still wary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Updated last night from December update, noticeable improvement. Took their time. Twats.

Post edited by Liamalone on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

I assume everyone who is saying signal has improved is coming from the December update? Anyone coming from a November version noticing a difference? Very slow to do this update after being burned last time.

My 48 physical sim is connected at all times but data speeds are just about ok. My Vodafone esim gets much better speeds in general. Sitting here at home I'm getting 35-40mps on vodafone vs 3 to 4 on 48. Only paying for the odd month of Vodafone, payed this one as I was abroad and wanted to be sure I'd have a signal as much as possible. I may switch permanently as it it may be worth the extra €13 a month for the better connectivity out and about.

I did see some comments online that some people only had connectivity issues on December patch when just using one sim but when they had two connected they had no issues. Never got to check it myself while I was on December software as I had issues with the esim at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭TheRona

Different networks get different speeds in different locations. Vodafone is generally regarded as the most reliable network, but I don't think it's as clear cut as it used to be.

You just need to weigh up which network is best for you in the locations you use your phone Vs the price you pay. Only you can do this, as everyone is different.

Personally, I have no issues with 48. I only get slow speeds at home, but I have decent fibre so it doesn't affect me. At work, I get decent speeds, which is of more use to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

I know Vodafone as you say is generally the best. I do often have places where I had no signal on other networks and did with vodafone. I've found the odd spot too though where there's it's the other way. I generally found eir very good except at my house where I only had as signal 50% of the time. As you said much depends on your location and where you frequent. It's not much of an issue as like you I have decent fibre at home and wifi in work. Only time it only really is a daily issue is walking in rural areas and spotify stops. That €8 a month on 48 is still €176 saved a year vs vodafone at €20 every 28 days. Probably not worth it for me most of the time.

I was getting better speeds in the 4a with the 48 sim in my house though so something is definitely still up with the 6 on the November software maybe the January patch will fix it!

• Advertisement

For what it's worth, I had huge signal issues with this phone from day 1, even before the Dec update turned it into a small tablet.

With this update it's night and day. It's actually a phone now which it never was for me until now. Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just downloaded and installed the January update, never got offered the December one thankfully! Signal same as it was before I updated, so no difference there. Fingerprint sensor is noticeable faster to me. That’s all I’ve noticed so far.

Cheers,

M

+1 fingerprint sensor is crisper for me. It will always have that tiniest bit of lag compared to the more advanced tech but it's more consistent now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

In fairness, Google would have taken this update with extreme seriousness to ensure the network issues were resolved, given the reputational damage that has been caused to the Pixel brand. They were not going to release an update with a repeat situation. Im with Eir and my network connectivity has been restored after the Dec update.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

That lines up with my experience too. Hard to say for sure but I seemed to always have full bars after getting the phone, and went to barely having any with the Nov/Dec update. Now I always have a signal but doesn't seem to be full bars. Either way I am happy again although it should not have taken as long to fix. Not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Wasn't having any issues on December patch but connection has improved, was always 2 or 3 bars on December patch and now rock solid full bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Updated the phone there and don't see any improvement in the bars in the little triangle thingy but time will tell tomorrow when using my phone. On the Vodafone network.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Took a good hour to update but so far so good in city but see how signal is when I'm driving out of town...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Signal much better coming from the December update. Full bars most of the time now and signal not dropping to 3G constantly like it was before. Took them far too long to sort it out and I won't forget this when it comes time to change to a new phone it won't be a pixel phone for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

What is everyone's battery like on their 6 pros?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Great to be able to make and receive phone calls and texts from my house finally! Still no WiFi calling but maybe they'll get around to that at some stage.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

for pixel 6 - update of 41 MB downloaded on Sat and signal working fine since then, no missed calls....so this issue def seems fixed, not sure what else has broken now ;) .....read somewhere speaker/headphone got issues - yet to try......hopefully now

BTW, no signs/emails of headphones....do they need court order now :) :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Received the email below today. Looks like we're in for the long haul!

Good Afternoon,

Claim reference: xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your patience.

We can confirm that your reward has not yet been dispatched and is currently being processed

Due to the high volume of interest and popularity of the promotion we are unfortunately experiencing some delays in the processing of rewards.

However, please be assured that our team is working hard to ensure that all rewards are dispatched as quickly as possible.

We will notify you as soon as we have an update on your reward.

Thank you for understanding.

Should you have any queries in the meanwhile, please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Could we nag them for additional compensation or voucher. I bet someone must have already tried ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I submitted a query about the headphones a week or so back and have heard nothing, just complete radio silence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

A bit late here, but I updated from Nov to the January patch and notice no real difference in the signal strength. Although I haven't tested it in too many locations yet. But I did spend the day on LTE without wifi as a test and had no drop outs of signal. So it seems good here.

I'm not sure I notice much else of a change tbh, maybe the fingerprint sensor is a tad better and things might run smoother. But it's all slight enough stuff, I suppose I can't expect huge change in a monthly update. Glad this network nightmare is over at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

Same here, emailed them 3 times and got one generic "we will contact you soon" reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Signal has definitely improved with the January update. I wasn't having much issue with the November one in the first place. That being said, my internet and browsing on mobile data is gone to ****. In fairness to Google that could be a 3 fault. I consistency need to refresh pages as I get timeout errors

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Not as bad but still dropping calls for me regular...looks like will be putting it up in adverts...seem to be selling them new for 500 on adverts... so will be doing well to get 400-450 for it shame cos it's got great features but the basics of making a phone call and receiving a signal it's pretty poor at unless you live within 4G LTE range...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Signal issue fixed but nobody should be patting them on the back for it.

Anyone using Nova or anyone recommend a cool layout? Haven't found one i love yet.

Advertisement