Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL Playoffs - Wildcard Round Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

An interesting situation with the whistle and the bengals shouldn’t have had a TD, at least on that down.

TD raiders 20-13.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Raider's hanging in there

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

If they hadn’t got that TD with the Bengals getting the ball to start the second half it would’ve gotten ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭amacca

I think the steelers are going to shock everyone and beat the chiefs narrowly.

I think this mainly because no one else seems to...they just squeaked in there and without the weight and pressure of huge expectations they have nothing to lose and everything to gain, there's a bit of nostalgia there and they will battle, as good as the chiefs are I could see them getting frustrated if they are held for any length of time.

But I could be half mad I suppose

• Advertisement

I'd LOVE if you were correct, but I think we both need to quit sniffing glue if you really think the Steelers win.

Edit: so good, I quoted twice.

I had Scotland to beat England in the final round of matches a couple of six nations back very much against the grain and every pundit + almost any other sane person...I predicted the other two matches correctly hour's before kickoff...right up until the last minutes of the last game friends were looking at me like Iwas a psychic😁..in the end I was incorrect of course as they drew (very unexpectedly and a thrilling high scoring game but nonetheless I was wrong).....anyway although people have accused me of sniffing glue for many reasons I get a strong feeling and I go with it! Fully aware its akin to me thinking I'm going to win the lottery....which BTW hasn't happened

I just think (however irrationally) they are going to do it...

The old dog still has a bit of life in him, their defence will see it as a last stand etc...I can almost visualise the chiefs coming up against a yellow and black brick wall and being shut down for some reason.

Well fupp it, going to have a euro on it. Why not!😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,136 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I'd be losing my mind if I was a fan of either team here. Hopefully they're getting all the bad officiating out of their system now

There have been some interesting calls. Drew brees is really good as a colour commentator.

• Advertisement

Raiders STILL hanging in there.

That was a weak roughing the passer call.

Deserved win for the Bengals. Great to see.

Bengals win but damn it did they try hard to lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Game over - Raiders played it tough the whole way. Good luck to the Bengals

Some awful play calling and plays at the end there tbh.

Can't see me staying up much longer but gwan my favourite QB and the Bills!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭standardg60

Definitely, felt like i was watching the Connaught game again.

Frozen tundra territory coming up now, proper NFL

Unbelievable throw by Josh there.

Let's see if Jones is underwhelming like the pundits think he will be.

• Advertisement

Bad drop there.

Unreal interception

Interception was amazing but doesn't happen if you swap QBs - Jones' arm left that hang in the air which let the safety get across, it is the difference in an elite power from a QB. Having said that Agholor should have still grabbed it.

With that second score there by the Bills there is huge pressure now for the Patriots to get something from this drive. Unless something changes it looks like the Bills will score every time they get the ball - doubt a shootout is where Bill wanted to be

Patriots looking like they want to be anywhere else but playing right now

Yep looking like a wipeout before halftime

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

This is embarrassing from New England, its really bad. They look unprepared, no leadership in evidence, receivers dropping passes, no resistence on defense and I don't know what Jones expected to happen faking a spike there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I was content to view this season as a success as I didn't expect the playoffs this year. But this spectacular December/January collapse takes a hell of a lot of shine off it. I'm off to bed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

New England is still in a really good position, great coach, looks like a really good QB, decent roster and should be able to push on next season, tonight has been really disappointing though.

Wow, kicking a field goal down 24 is a decision... Seems like there has been no urgency at all from the Patriots tonight from their punting early onwards.

Agree with the others that they look decent going into next year but not that much cap space and guys they'll need to pay. Lots of good, not many stars to build around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well that was a tough night but in all honesty just making the playoffs was a great achievement with a rookie QB and a lot of inexperienced players.

I feel we need to fix the right side of the offensive line first and then try find a wide receiver. We are not that far off.

Bills looked exceptional tonight, when they play like that they are close to unbeatable. Josh Allen is a great QB.

Advertisement