Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Not sure I can put off reading the manual any longer.

Nothing seems to save.

I set charging to max 80% and my eircode is input for "home".

And as soon as I switch the car off and come back to it later none of the settings are saved for some reason.

Additionally - where is the best place to check what the latest software number is so I can see if we are up to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Seurat

Is there an option to have a dark mode on the display?

Haven't been in an Ioniq but the background white looks like a Tesla - too bright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Is there a way to get the car to auto lock after you walk away?

Not sure about the higher spec models, but not afaik on the Executive. Just press the door handle to lock and if you forget the app will notify you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Nope. Have to press the little square on the handle for it to lock.

Doesn’t make sense especially since it unlocks as you walk up to it

Just a few observations from the missus now that she has been driving the car for a week.

She loves the driving position, not too high or too low. But far easier to enter and exit than her old classic.

Speed is deceptive, very easy to break the speed limit. She has set the GPS speed to display on maps, easy to do through settings. The speedo seems to be very accurate, same as GPS speed which is a rarity with modern cars.

Range for her is loads, most trips returning 18 or 19 kWh/100km. OK for winter, 300 km looks about right as we expected. She doesn't hang around, but no motorways as yet.

Ours seems to maintain what ever preferences we have. Have you a profile set up?

We do indeed.

Need to if it's an issue because we have 2 profiles set up. Not sure we actually need 2 really.

Only thing we'd like to ideally be able to do is have memory seats for the 2 of us, will need to look into whether we can do it with just one profile.

You can back your preferences up to Bluelink. Might save a few minutes setting everything up again. Mine seems to be saving fine though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Unique-1

Will the seat automatically return to your preference if you select a different profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Unique-1

Just noticed today that if you’ve left the windows open you can long press the lock button on the key and all the windows will close for you

Thanks, simple things like that can be a deal breaker to me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Got the car cleaned today in Platinum Valet on the Oscar Traynor Road. They spent 90 mins cleaning it (just the outside) and taking a look under lights at the condition of the paintwork. Generally it was in very good condition but lots of minor marks and scratches. Still in two minds about a ceramic coating.

They put a ceramic spray on it for now. €35 all in which I think is good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Only have the car a day so this might be a stupid question (I’m sure I’ll have a few!) but is anyone having an issue with opening the charging port door by manually pressing the button on the port door? I’m pressing it really hard (as it’s supposed to push in the button behind the metal) but it’s not opening! I’m using the button on the key fob at the moment.

Update - I think the car needs to be unlocked in order for the button to work. Here fly charging it up now so I’ll give that a go in the morning.

Update - using my thumb won’t work, even with pressure! Need to push against it with the palm of my hand 🤔

Post edited by thunderbolt on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

I don't think that button will open the charing door. The dealer told me you have to use the key fob.

I feed like there may be a setting I have missed or maybe it need an update, but for now I don't think it works.

The button works on our Executive 58kWh.

Does the inside charging door button work to close yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,275 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Don't bother with 80 percent charging unless you are going to leave it sitting at 100 percent for a long period of time. If it's in general use charge away to 100 percent

I got it to work last night but I had to apply a lot of pressure. A normal press doesn’t apply enough pressure to push the button in behind the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭denismc

Just noticed that the tyres on my car ar set to 50 psi when the reccomended pressure is 36 psi, obviously the dealer didn't adjust the pressure when they came off the boat.

Didn't anyone else spot this?

Mine are all mid 40s except one which is 37…

Two of mine were 41 on one side and on the other they were 37.

I put them all to 36 but the computer reading is constantly changing and sometimes says they're under. Sometimes higher.

I thought leaving between 20-80% was best for the battery? We drive it daily, although not necessarily for long distances.

Given that we are now in winter has anyone had any dodgy experience with the RWD on slippery roads?

I understand RWD is to be treated differently as we would have thought years ago as there is no engine load in the bonnet like an ICE.

I also know that the Ioniq is quick, but not a sports car and so shouldn't be driven like one.

But has anyone had any issues on wet roads, driving through pools of water, leafy roads, gravely roads, even pulling out to overtake on motorway etc?

(fwiw I believe it is compensated for with electronics and the AWD would be in RWD for >80% of the time, but it is that 20% I am wondering about)

RWD is pretty standard on cars like BMW s, my sister in law has had a few and the only time she has had issues is in the snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,275 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Not leaving it at 100 percent or near 0 for long periods is better for the battery but charging to 80 isn't required really, certainly won't impact you unless you are still driving it in 10 years.

No problems so far on greasy roads, the car is well balanced and sure footed. Similar to my ID, you can get the rear wheels to spin in the wet/damp but the traction control takes over quickly.

The Ioniq 5 did quite well with the "Moose" test. Better than many other EVs tested so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1EC8YlrI88

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Summer2020

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Unusual question but is everyone's car missing a grab handle on the headliner on the drivers side? It's on the passenger side headliner, and the shape of it is there in headliner on drivers side, but there's no handle !

Does anyone know how durable the "pleather"/fake leather is on the door armrests? We have a dog who has a tendency to stand on the armrest to look out the window 🙄 We have a back seat cover which has zip-up sides, but he puts his paws behind it and I'm afraid his paws will tear it. If anyone has any ideas of how to protect it, I'd love to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Finally got the keys of our Mystic Olive over the weekend. I would like to sincerely thank all the members who responded to my queries here/PM, really appreciate all the advice. Absolute loving it, drove for hours over the weekend and still learning the features. Few quick questions which I was unable to resolve - Ours is Executive model - the bottom black seems to be hide out with this color - but we still love this color - something unique tried this time :)

1) The boot/hold button of the car is not working with key fob button - tried many times - is it not available for Exec? - I was thinking otherwise since provided in key fob

2) After clicking the "Start/Stop" button, if we spend some time on infotainment or exploring other features, the car doesn't allow us to go from P to D. It always goes from P to N and nothing else, we have to press "Start/Stop" & P few times - then somehow it allows us to go to D mode. What is missing here please?

3) Instant heating - Even after "Heat" option is selected and climate to 25 - it doesnt get warm instantly. only Cool air seems to flow in - is it only available during driving?

Best of luck with car, looks great.

Not sure if I am able to answer your questions, ours is only a week older.

Re the black skirts, I think it looks more pronounced on our white car. But in some lights it looks more grey and the slits give a lighter reflection as in your first pic.

I think the boot release button on fob only unlocks the boot if the car is locked. The doors remain locked. Not much reason to use IMO.

The car seems to go into battery saving mode if you are sitting in car listening to radio etc. Means having to restart if left undriven for a while. Not a bad thing I suppose.

Haven't heard any complaints about heater from SWMBO, she says fast and effective. Should work when stationary. Pity there is no "heat" button like in her classic, it seems a bit messy if you just want cool air coming into car. Lowest setting on heater is 17C.

Only complaint so far she has are the door opening handles. Very strong frost early this morning and they were seized. Even though car was pre heated inside she had to pour some warm water over to enter car. Glad they are manual, would not be great for motorised ones. The car was covered in iced up beeded water from what ever stuff they used on their paint protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Saw that in EV James and Kate's youtube channel review of this car and called it out in the comments. Replies agreed and that this seems to be a trend! Tesla don't have ANY!! I just checked my eCorsa and both front seats have grab handles but the rear seats don't. Hit & Miss!!

• Advertisement

Yes it's missing alright on the drivers side, suppose it's not really needed there, you have the wheel to hang on to.🙂.

All 4 are on my VW, had to go out and have a look..

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Re: Point 2 (as I think all the rest were answered) if you put your foot on brake when hitting the start button there's no issue then selecting gear, again with foot on break.

I was struggling with this too first few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

To answer your question re not being able to select gear this might help

I've found another use case of this if you start it without putting the foot on the break. Not a big deal but if this happens easiest way to fix is restart while keeping the foot on the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Sold our family car today so looking forward to collecting ours which should be early next week all going well. Have watched countless reviews on them at this stage and find it hard to find any faults with them, really seem to be a great all rounder and Hyundai have really upped their game with these. It'll be our first car that's not a VAG product. I also have a Golf R which will be kept as the second car and used more sparingly or when I want my petrol kicks!

• Advertisement

I was stuck for a bit today. I was using one of the free chargers at Tescos in Stillorgan. Plugged in, worked well, came back later and had no idea how to unplug it?!? The charger is one of the free ones, so no buttons to stop the charge. Which means that the cable was locked in on both ends.

Looked around and went through the menus, I didn’t see a way to stop the charging process.

After a few minutes I remembered that I can stop the charge from the app. What if I forgot the phone? There must be a way to manually stop a charge from within the car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

There has to be that option on your charging screen.

On my car (model 3) you go to the charging screen, press stop charging then press unlock charge port. Surely that's on your screen somewhere?

Nope. Strange but there is no stop charging option that I can find.

But I figured it out. RTFM to myself :-/

Unlocking the car will stop the charge for 15 second and allow you to unplug it. I unlocked it, but the shopping away and by then the 15 seconds had passed and the cable was locked in again.

Not very intuitive…. But clearly outlined in the manual. Ups!

Try unlock button on fob twice, unlocks it on my VW. And press stop charging on the car's charging screen. Haven't yet looked at the charging on our Ioniq 5 but presume similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Most EVs will stop if you double press the unlock on the key fob.

I will try the double press of the unlock button next time. Thank you for that suggestion.

I really didn’t see a “stop charging” button on the screen. That’s where I started to look. and I went through all menus I could think of. It must be somewhere maybe someone can guide me that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Anyone know if the Executive is available in Teal Green? Also, any chance a dealer will giver me anything for an 07 Civic? Really would rather not have to sell it on Donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Handy visual guide for all features

https://digitalownersmanual.hyundai.com/ioniq5/2021/gb/gb/exterior/frt-radar

https://digitalownersmanual.hyundai.com/ioniq5/2021/gb/gb/cluster

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

You can only ask them, I'm sure they'll give you something. My mum traded in a 07 Saab recently and got 1k for it.

For point 1 as I just used this today. It doesn’t release the boot lid. Once the lights flash, press the button on the boot lid to open and it’s unlocked. Then when you close it, the car will re-lock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement