Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

He's top class. Using him as a cdm. 5 star weakfoot makes the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You’d have to be mad to drop Eusebio …he absolutely rules in all versions of Fifa.

While he wasn’t anywhere as OP in Fifa 21

as Fifa20 he’s far better in Fifa22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Rank 6 in Champs. Bastoni and Oyarzabal both 87 from red picks, decent fodder.

Can you keep the TOTW pack for a better week or will it always contain this weeks players?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rank V! Rashford and Adama hard carrying me there. 3 red picks that actually made it worth while too, and a Hero card :P

Base or Mid Icon grinded in swaps, Mid Petit, not great is it? 😴

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Ah after 600+ games with Eusebio I thought I'd try something new, but safe to say I'll not be that foolish again anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Didnt play 1 WL game until now and im done 65 depth and my defenders are camped on the edge of my box, my midfielders are where they should be leaving a huge gap between them and the defense, got absolutely hammered in my 3 games

anybody use Pato? Thinking of doing him, looks a nice card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I spent a lot more than you to get Mid Petit and I find him brilliant alongside Kante, so that’s a win IMO.

Everyone plays differently of course so your mileage may vary, but he seems to intercept everything around him and he’s the only player I’ve used that can score long shots regularly, I have him on Shadow btw. His passing is also a lot better than his stats say it is, there’s definitely a hidden boost there.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Should I be saving all my packs at this point? Is there much point in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Depends on what your goals are. If just saving for TOTY then I’m not sure it’s worth it as the drop rate on getting one of those cards is going to be pretty low I reckon.

if you’re saving for TOTs then I say do it. That’s been my strategy from the outset this FIFA as I’m less time invested this year and as I can’t be bothered with WL and the rewards have been scaled back in rivals and squad battles I’ve just been saving all the high value packs and coins for TOTs when you should be able to achieve multiple mid 90 rated teams very cheaply

• Advertisement

When is TOTS?

I was saving for TOTY but I had a concern that I’m very unlikely to pack anything unless I have an absurd number of packs saved. I’ll likely only have something like 10-15 max, so probably not worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

TOTs isn’t until towards the end of April so still a fair while to wait and a few promos before then as well. I’m just opening all the low rated packs I have in the hope of hitting something good and keeping the high value ones like Rare Players, Jumbo Rare Players and Ultimate Packs for TOTs. Also have got all the player packs from the Winter Wildcard tokens saved and will keep the player packs from Icon swaps as well.

They brought out a 85+ x10 Rare player SBC towards the end of TOTs last year and it was like literally getting at least 6 or 7 TOTs players every pack and every duplicate you could just recycle into another as it was recyclable- hopefully they’ll bring that back this year although wouldn’t be surprised if they nerf it in some way if they do

Yeah I think I was thinking of the baby who is the shít one. He is worth 5 million coins alone for that glorious ponytail floating up and down the centre of the pitch 😍.

The two icons I have got from icon packs have been him and baby Seedorf who were both SBCs, imagine I done the SBCs before opening the packs, I would probably cry 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Just starting the squad battles for icon swaps now. Is there a way of leaving the controller idle and let the clock tick away ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Player with 90+ strength, L2/LT and a rubber band. After you score, of course. 😀

Anyone here have baby Del Piero? Thinking of taking him from Icon Swaps.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Repeatable base or mid Icon SBC, and it's a 1 of 3 pick too.

Expensive, and will likely drive the cost of fodder up big time for the next two weeks...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

It only takes one pack and a bit of luck… I had tonnes of pack last year, I even done up a spreadsheet. I packed prime Pele in the first hour and not one TOTY after that. I was recycling and doing packs for ages. There was a POTM Bruno I crafted and that awful FB Ronaldo they released that I done for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Think I'll have to do that FB Icardi. Not in any rush to replace HL Laborde though. He's played nearly 100 games for me now and has outscored Neymar, Messi and Mbappe combined. He's so dangerous on corners and crosses too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Tried out that HL Fofana for the past week. Nice player but didn't do much more than Gold Goretzka does for me so sold him on again. Gold Goretzka has seen off Mid-Essien and HL Fofana so far 😂. Not sure who else to try out. Current team:

• Advertisement

Done the Sarr and along with it Manquillo objectives, not fun at all. May actually be worse than squad battles.

Red picks:

84 Under

84 Tchouameni

84 Under

I did the pato sbc, card is really good tbh- dribbling pace and finishing all top drawer. Thinking of doing an ac milan past and present team in a while so had to get him.

Only thing was I took out eusebio this weekend to try pato and it didn't go well for me.

Final review, he's a really good player but he's not eusebio 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ha cheers Doc

On a seperate note, i have finally hit the wall with this game, dominating games and losing by a ball deflecting to an opposition striker for tap ins while his keeper saves shot after shot after shot is no longer a way i want to spend my time, and the wins are not enjoyable either because the rewards dont merit the time and effort i put in, i will maybe stick to sbc's and squad battles as i like squad building but thats even unlikely, i will continue to visit the thread and read the posts but EA and this game have beaten me, thanks everyone and catch ye down the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I have him,

Packed him in the icon sbc, he is good, 5 star wf and pretty decent striker with a hunter. He isnt super special though, just good.

I was originally going to take Zambrotta but the Darmian SBC has changed everything. There is nothing else that catches my eye, not sure I want to waste all the effort on an icon pack that could give me Inzaghi or something.

Was trying to keep packs for TOTY - then they go and drop the icon player pick. Sure that was it then - all packs got opened for fodder. Had to put 200k of my coins with all the fodder.

My 3 pick options-

Base Laudrup 85

Base Guardiola 85

And this guy

Unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I'd love to have the time to blitz through my golds and do loads of 81+ upgrade packs for TOTY. It's just so boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’ve done it over the last few weeks - just kept any of the 25k+ packs for TOTY. Have a total of ~2m worth of packs according to the tracker I’m using. Doing the 83+ attacker packs too whenever they pop up as they’re apparently the best odds for a TOTY. Might do a couple of the 81+ attacker ones too to stack up.

Advertisement