Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruaneg

Ive got a VIN!! woohoo😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Anyone know can you test drive a Model 3 in Cork? Asking for a friend ☺️ and apparently impossible to get through on phone..

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

You can, you can book it online or just call into the shop in Mahon Point and schedule one there. Limit to 30 mins though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Ordered 26th Oct, Standard, Blue, White, 19", No VIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Good stuff.

I like the way Tesla do things a bit differently that benefits the customer - instead of waiting to release new features in pre-determined update cycles, they just integrate new features straight into their manufacturing process. The flip side of this is that Tesla also adjust their pricing without advance notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

Ordered 17th Sept and no VIN unless I'm searching the source code wrong. It's a white RWD and only option is the tow bar. Do you think it's the tow bar that might be fecking me up? I'd rather get one in next shipment without tow bar rather than wait another 3 months... Not sure how I would go about maximising my chances for this next delivery batch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

This was interesting. It really demonstrates the potential for rapid battery evolution over the next few years to effect residuals of the 2nd hand EV market on older battery tech.

it’s like 10 years ago when buying an ‘08 diesel on the co2 tax rate versus an identical ‘07 on the old rates. It will matter.

I don’t have an issue with him charging the older battery tech cars to 90%, it’s what owners are doing every day and is what they’re told to do to preserve the battery life. On a normal day, that’s what you’ll have as you set off.

as described a lot above, €15-16k for that additional 90km in the LR seems like a bad deal, esp if you’re charging 90-10.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

Possibly worth exploring another colour selection to speed up delivery? Give your sales advisor a shout.

Do you mean ring them or am I better emailing the person who checks in sometimes? I get the feeling that email person doesn’t give much away. Any advice welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

It is very possible that tow bar cars could be in short supply, you did place your order quite early so you should be high on the waiting list. Give them a call and suss it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

Few thoughts and questions lately. Ive had my 2019 Model 3 for a while now and I love it, like its a joy going to work because of it and it puts a smile on my face, its an SR+.

I find it annoying with soo many on the road now, i loved it when it was a rare sight and made it feel more special, now everyday I see 2/3 everytime i leave my drive.

New software, hmm it has pros and cons and find it annoying at times, like even connecting to my iphone can be fristrating to switch it from the radio.but some good things like lane assist camera and view sentry mode remotely.

Back doors never seem to open when the car is locked unless one of the front ones are opened first, annoying loading a baby in for example. The steering wheel button has to be manually pressed for aplle music to play, doesnt auto start. Wind noise isnt great at 120kmh and road noise from the tyres, generally turn music up. Range significantly drops at higher motorway speeds which we all know anyway but for any newbies it does play a factor.

Going to contact Tesla about the100% charge limit, the most its ever shown in good/average weather is 350km. Im seeing people saying 400km+ and new ones are 440km so why is mine down lower (2019) ? I am also running 19’s.

Got the Oem rubber mats and fit perfect and great upgrade but pricey €220 (made by weathertec usa). And have the oem rubber boot mat, also well worth it for spillages and buggies etc.

Some of the chrome trim doesnt seem 100% aligned, brake discs are a big scorned, rear windows fog bad enough and my light alignment doesnt seem right - all to be taken up with Tesla.

At this moment of time, no other car I would really want except the performance model (maybe that will be my next eventually) and no regrets other than its annoying that upgrades keep happening and you miss them like MIC having heated steeeing wheel and better batteries etc.

Few thoughts from a longer term owner. Im fussy too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Speaking of improvements. The configurator has the WLTP range of LR at 602km. is this new or just new to me? Used to be 580km.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

“no regrets other than its annoying that upgrades keep happening and you miss them like MIC having heated steeeing wheel and better batteries etc.”

This isn’t just a Tesla issue, but they’ve been around the longest, so it’s more obvious with them. I’d expect this constant evolution to continue for a few more years as the iterations come thick and fast. You could consider swapping it for a new LFP m3 for lowish money while your ‘19 Fremont model is very much in demand, irrespective of its soon-to-be older battery tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Have you tried aligning the lights yourself? Go to Service -> Headlight alignment

Its just part of the constant uograde of cars, whixh is good to see but doesnt favour early adopters as they miss out on these upgrades. The new SR+ with the LFP does seem to be the car of choice and has some great refinements even over my 2019 model. Im happy anyway, just being overly fussy as usual but i’d struggle to want anything more at this moment of time and very happy with the choice i made.

Cheers. I have adjusted them and they do seem better but still not right. Took a few flashes feom oncoming cars to figure out a happy medium, needs special alignment equipment for leds that many garages dont have.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tu2j2

Well I went mad yesterday and put in an order for a midnight silver RWD with the 19" wheels. Got sick of looking at used stuff as a lot of it isn't great value at the moment IMO.

Estimated delivery was saying March but I'm not holding my breath having read through this thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It will be worth the wait

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Micra92

Getting excited as things seem to be moving in right direction re delivery times. Can I ask people's opinions on paint protection? Want to get it done straight away but not sure what's best? Experiences/recommendations welcome. I'm based in Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Quick question

Picked up the M3 last Friday.

Build quality is much better than a 2019 model I drove in the America a few years back.

Does the M3 with the standard autopilot automatically adjust the set speed based on the posted speed limit?

It seems to display the speed limit but not adjust the set speed, unless I'm missing something?

My ID4 does it and it's surprisingly handy when you get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Standard (non FSD) Autopilot will only adjust the speed down when leaving a Motorway, for instance when set at 120, when you go onto the slip road, it will see the 80 sign and then change your set speed from 120 - 80.

when you want to match the set speed to the speed limit the car has detected, simply holding down the autopilot stall for 2 seconds adjusts the set speed to the roads speed limit (or what the car thinks it is).

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Thanks for that explanation.

I'll give holding the stalk down for 2 seconds a try later today.

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Orebro

Sorry if this has been covered before. Have any Model 3 owners changed cars to a another Model 3? I’m just wondering if Tesla have a trade in process like a normal dealer, or are you better off selling privately before changing into a new one? I ask about Model 3 specifically as I know they don’t do trade ins of other makes (or just get you a low trade price), I was thinking they may have a special process for their own models.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They take your details and send them to their trade pool.

they then send you the highest quote.

some people get offered very low, others high. It really depends on the spec and rarity of your car to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Orebro

Doesn't this add a level of uncertainty and hassle when you go to replace the car? I'd hate to have to try to sell a car privately every time I go to replace it if the likes of Tesla were only able to get you low ball offers from the trade.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Saw a MIC Model 3 yesterday at Birdhill, red but had a pearlescent gold/glitter effect, surely not a Factory option?

It did look like the car had some extra work done on it

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Tesla do not have dealerships. They use the agency model meaning you are buying a car directly from the manufacturer, not via franchise dealer (who buys cars wholesale from manufacturers then sell them at retail to buyers).

This means that;

(i) The price is set by the manufacturer and there is no negotiation;

(ii) Secondly, they do not sell used cars (apart from their own stock such as returns & demonstrators). Therefore they dont do trade-ins as normal. They essentially outsource the buying of your car and are not concerned with the price you will receive for yours.

I'm trying to get through to Delivery phone line and it's saying 20+ minutes hold time before call will be answered... lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Still waiting for a VIN (ordered November, white SR w/ aero wheels). They asked for some clarification on my HP application on Thursday so I'm hoping I don't have a VIN because it's not fully approved yet? Has everyone who has gotten a VIN already approved for financing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Tesla take in used Tesla’s and sell them second hand in U.S and indeed in the U.K..

Are you sure they are not planning to do the same here?

Advertisement