Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Statement of Liability?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Just looked at last year! I submitted my income tax return on the 2nd of January with herself having some PUP and ewss in her wages I got my SOL on the 19th of January.

im probably looking at that as well this year

Seeing the same issue as previous 2 years, shows as Available but when I click it says "We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly.".

I reckon it's pending additional approvals or manual review, last two years it was a significant refund so likely over some threshold for automatic processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

I keep getting an error message when I click to view my SOL now. It hasn’t been available as of yet. I usually get the normal message saying it’s processing and will be available soon but now I’m just getting an error message. Anyone else having a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cnbyz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

Yeah I’m getting an error message when I click on 2018-21 tax, was always in processing any other time I checked.

Getting an error message as well once I click on manage my tax! They must be updating SOL

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

Ok not just me so! Fingers crossed it’s an update to SOL 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Peterk88

Weird one i got my SOL on Friday night..when usually is money paid into accounts ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

If page 1 on your SOL states a refund will be issued to your bank account on file, it can take up to 5 working days to issue to your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

It says 5 days...but from experience 2 working days tops. Usually next working day after sol recieved.

• Advertisement

Logged in.....saw orange dot....was happy inside that it finally came through....

Opened and its amended tax certificate....updated for 2022..... SOL not there....

2018-21 still bringing up the “we’re sorry”message and I can’t go any further

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Does anybody know if you claimed for the single person child carer tax credit in 2020 does this automatically go onto your 2021 SOL?

I'm not sure did I allocate it

If avialable its under family tax credits

And usually goes on automatically unless you started working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Submitted my return for tax year 2020 back in mid December and haven't been issued my SOL yet. Very frustrating. Is there any point in calling them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭mea_k

How did u managed to do that mid December? They only where available to apply in 1st of January? Are you sure ur waiting for right thing?

Either way... According to revenue, if you received any social welfare payments SOL won't be available until or after 17th of January..

But I still don't thing ur waiting for SOL at all as its end of year statement and... December wouldn't cover it. Unless u applied for years previously to 2021

I wanna say, you also will be waiting for it if you or your other half received and social that year.

Social welfare has to confirm payments made.

• Advertisement

Where is preliminary end of year statement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Applied for SOL for both 2020 and 2021 earlier this week, 2020 was back within 12 hrs, 2021 still in progress and there was a 3 week Social Welfare claim on the wife's side so based on what has been said earlier, It does look like Social Welfare is delaying processing.

Post edited by TimHorton on

Its not final statement and may not reflect the final figure...where you may be due refund or you own taxes..it summarize but again its not final. The description is there when you processing. Klick on it...having said that the figure is usually not far off...but again its individual and based on your income and what you have paid already....tax..usc...prsi...etc

Seems like it....lets see for how long....last year was a torture as they were introducing the "new" system....lets wait and hope they learned from the failure... But having said that nothing will surprise me at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Desertmoon1

I never saw this when I was putting mine through. Is there any way I can go back and see it now? Hubby's illness benefit is holding up our return too.

No..its stated just before you process the SOL. Its says overpayment or underpayment....but again its individual and may not be right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ton ee

Hello,

I just want to get ideas regarding tax back. I am Portuguese and I work in Dublin for 11 months last year. Now I moved back to Portugal and not coming back anymore to Ireland. Will I going to get my full tax back?

I am done with my SOL ,still waiting ..

Any ideas? Please. Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

How much tax did you pay ? - You may get back about 8% (1/12th) of the tax paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

I tried to request my SOL but it says I can't do it as the pop up says that I'm registered for income tax for 2021 ( I believe this is as result of paying tax on some shares sold in 2021).

How do I proceed or do I just have to wait until filing a tax return becomes available? I don't see any date when this may appear on revenue, is that shared anywhere?

Many thanks

You can't use the MyAccount service to file your return and get a statement of liability for 2021 if you are registered for Income tax in 2021. You have to register for ROS and file a form 11 tax return for 2021 which will give you the equivalent of a SOL.

Thanks for that, I could see the option to file an income tax return for previous years through my account but unsure why that wasn't the case for 2021.

The majority of my income is PAYE income and the non paye income (sale of shares was < 5k) so thought this was could be done through myaccount.

• Advertisement

It doesn't matter the euro amount of shares exercised, unfortunately you are a chargeable person for the year so the 5000 limit doesn't apply. Just make sure if you don't exercise options in 2022 that you deregister yourself FROM income tax or you'll have the same issue next year.

Thanks for the info RCO, been very helpful.

I just wanted to clarify, isn't there still criteria (<5k non PAYE income and other conditions) that will determine if you are a chargeable person (going the route of Form 11 through ROS) or a non chargeable person (and going the route of Form 12 through myaccount)? Should revenue not have clarified this with me before registering me for Income tax through ROS? If they were not aware and did this by default, do you reckon it is something they can change?

If you exercised 1 euro worth of share options you are a chargeable person for the year of exercise regardless of the amount. The 5000 euro doesn't matter in this case.

Normally if you had other non PAYE income greater than 5000 euro nett for the year then you are a chargeable person for that year and should be filing a form 11 via ROS. If your non PAYE income is under 5000 nett then you can declare via MyAccount.

Did anybody recieved sol meanwhile? I mean people who got any payment...such as sick oay...paternity benefit...maternity benefit etc.... As it seems like on hold due to above

Nothing here. Seems husbands sick pay in December holding up everything. I'll be checking first thing in morning. I cant understand how this is causing delay as when I went into do my return his payment was already there along with our PAYE income so I don't understand why they have to verify it. The SW already gave the details to Revenue!

I’m the same, my wife’s maternity and parents leave weren’t on the preliminary statement but were there when I went to do the income tax return. So I assume DEASP gave all the detail to revenue but saying that too the preliminary statement showed they owed me €5,600 in overpayments.. so that’s probably going to take time

Well.. 17th today...lets shall see

Well knowing the system...it will go in stages....and will take weeks.... Just wild guess based on previous experience...

Still nothing for me, wife submitted 2nd January I think it was, painfully slow process

Nothing here either. Submitted 2 Jan. This is ridiculous. My son Submitted last Sunday and money in his account on Wednesday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 LF22

I submitted my return on Friday last. I received illness benefit in 2021. I am pretty sure that when submitting the return I noticed a message saying that as there was a Social Welfare payment on record for me that my return would be processed after 17/01/2022 as social welfare had until this date to verify payments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

I've two SoL this morning, one for a case filed 04/01/22 and one for a case filed last Friday 14/01/22. So the system is working through them just not necessarily in order of submission. I am finding that any case with DSP income is slower coming through ( which the one filed 04/01 was ).

Sent mine in last Monday and it was processed in my documents this morning, they owed me a nice few quid as well, great way to start the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dot34

I submitted my SOL request on the 7th of January. I have maternity leave and parents leave on it. So far, nothing back and were waiting for it to apply for the Help to Buy Scheme which in turn is needed for our mortgage application. I've never seen it take so long.

Like another poster, I did my 2020 one on the same day and it came back immediately.

Hoping someone in a simillar position regarding DSP payments will get theirs today so I know its not going to take FOREVER!

Submitted mine on 1st of jan. As my emplyer did all and all numbers are/were matching.... Still waiting

I tried calling them to see what the story was and I couldn’t even get into a queue. Absolutely awful service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I submitted my medical expenses on 1st Jan and was on Maternity Benefit until early March 2021. I was really hoping today would be the day having read a few comments on this thread in recent weeks. So nerve-wracking waiting, preliminary results were looking good before I even added my medical expenses so I really hope things haven't been adjusted too much!

Still nothing here

Nope not a Sausage! I’ve messaged them in my enquiries to see if I get a response! Money is needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Did mine like 2 weeks ago, and got it next day.

Did partners 10 days ago and nothing. Annoying that DSP is causing these delays when they knew they needed to have the information available to revenue for this exact reason. Why they could have everything prepared up to November/December last year already handed in and then update them for the rest.

Advertisement